Alert: Severe Persecution in China

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Chester

May 23, 2016
The situation in China right now is much worse than I think most of us know: Here is part of the lastest report from an organization called Asia Harvest. It is a highly reputable organization working with the Chinese house churches.

To read the full article go to their website asiaharvest.org

In the past 18 months, the situation for Christians in China has dramatically worsened. At the start, we hesitated to publicly share new information from China for a few reasons. Some of the news we have received from church leaders is so dire that most believers around the world simply wouldn't believe it if we told them. We also wanted to make sure these things were not part of a short-term crackdown, as over the years we have seen numerous seasons of persecution come and go in China. However, we believe it is now time to present the known facts, to help people understand what our fellow believers are experiencing right now.

. . . You are unlikely to hear much fresh information from the Church in China, because most mission organizations working in China have been targeted in recent years. Thousands of foreign Christians have been expelled from the country, while the large 'persecution' ministries have seen their Chinese contacts arrested. The result is that news about the Church in China is becoming difficult to access. The government appears to be trying to throw a blanket over the Church, so that the rest of the world can't see or hear what's going on inside the country.

Christian activity in China has been strictly monitored, due to the presence of tens of millions of facial- recognition cameras that have sprung up in every city and town, and now even in villages. The data from these cameras is fed into a massive computer network around the clock. Using 'artificial intelligence', alerts are sent to the police if the computers detect any suspicious activity, such as a group of Christians gathering at a location for worship or Bible study.

. . . As a result of this massive suppression, in the past year almost all house church networks we serve have stopped holding large gatherings, and most have broken down into tiny groups of no more than 4 or 5 believers. Even small meetings like this carry risk of detection and police action, so great is the control being exerted.

. . . The supply of Bibles to Chinese Christians has been severely reduced. The house churches have never been officially allowed to access Bibles, but now the registered churches are also reporting a great shortage. Last year, the few remaining Bible courier ministries that were operating from Hong Kong also closed down. A decade ago, Asia Harvest was one of about a dozen known ministries providing Bibles to the house churches of China. Most of those groups have since been forced out of the country through threats, intimidation, seduction, and other means.

. . . Summary: Few Christians around the world imagined that China would ever return to its intense anti-Christian persecutions like during Mao's rule, but things are lining up for a brutal and prolonged period of struggle for Christians in China. In many ways, because of new technology, believers face an even greater challenge than during the dark days of the Cultural Revolution. Many in the West thought that Communism collapsed with the breakup of the Soviet Union in the early 1990s. Politicians were certain that free market reforms would cause China to open up and embrace democracy. They were wrong. The dark forces of aggressive, God-hating atheism are alive and well in China, North Korea, and other parts of the world.

For the full article this link should work:

https://asiaharvest.org/special-china-issue-please-pray-for-christians-in-china/

P

Pontiac

This increased persecution of Christians in China is more Bible prophecy coming true ... The Bible is not only showing it's truth in China ... This very sort of dramatic hushing of the Christian faith is also coming to America ... Increased persecution of Christians has been going on for a long time in the U.S. and it is only going to get much worse with time ... The entire world is forcing Christians underground, if they wish to continue to worship ... More proof the Bible is correct ...

Waggles

Sep 21, 2017
South
adelaiderevival.com
Thankyou Chester,

The Chinese Communist Party has also passed legislation making it illegal
and therefore a criminal offence for parents to teach their children the
Christian religion, or to raise them as Christians.
Also it is now illegal for Christian parents to take their children to a
Christian worship service.

Our Pentecostal Fellowships have had to go underground and we have
been warned not to post any testimonies online for fear of persecution.

Worse is the fact that our Marxist politically correct news agencies will
not broadcast this newsworthy information as persecution of Christians
is not the correct and acceptable persecution of concern.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Thankyou Chester,

The Chinese Communist Party has also passed legislation making it illegal
and therefore a criminal offence for parents to teach their children the
Christian religion, or to raise them as Christians.
Also it is now illegal for Christian parents to take their children to a
Christian worship service.

Our Pentecostal Fellowships have had to go underground and we have
been warned not to post any testimonies online for fear of persecution.

Worse is the fact that our Marxist politically correct news agencies will
not broadcast this newsworthy information as persecution of Christians
is not the correct and acceptable persecution of concern.
Those who pretend to promote/support "religious tolerance" are often intolerant of Christianity.

Waggles

Sep 21, 2017
South
adelaiderevival.com
And yet the whole world - including the obsessive human rights European
Union - will do business with China and ignore the totalitarian politically
oppressive regime of the Communist Party.
Human rights activists are gaoled, and then the lawyers that defend them
are gaoled. Then they die in prison of various diseases left untreated.

Communist China is ruled by an Emperor and along with all the
political corruption that goes along with such a system of one party
rule.

Waggles

Sep 21, 2017
South
adelaiderevival.com
Those who pretend to promote/support "religious tolerance" are often intolerant of Christianity.
Tolerance is only for politically acceptable people, cultures and religion.
Christianity must be done away with because Christianity alone is the
religion of truth and salvation.

P

Pontiac

Christianity does not support liberalism nor globalism ... It commands the following of God's laws and not the ungodly behavior of man ... No surprise the whole world is trying to get rid of it ... God and Christianity are standing in the way of man's selfish desires ...

Waggles

Sep 21, 2017
South
adelaiderevival.com
https://relevantmagazine.com/current/global/christian-persecution-china-even-worse-you-thought

Late last month, the pastor of China’s largest Protestant church, “Joseph” Gu
was arrested after he publicly protested the government’s campaign to remove
crosses from churches. Gu pastors a 10,000-member church that is part of the
government’s officially sanctioned “Three-Self Patriotic Movement” (TSPM).
Though the government claimed he was detained for “suspicions of economic issues,
including embezzling money,” human rights advocates say Gu’s detention is part of a
larger movement by China’s communist government to persecute Christian leaders
who they perceive as a threat to the government’s power.

A

AuntieAnt

Please let's pray for them. :(
Jesus sweating blood.jpg

Waggles

Sep 21, 2017
South
adelaiderevival.com
Yes I do
A fellow Christian lady from our church in Beijing has 'disappeared'
and I have had no contact from her in over a year, even through LinkedIn.
Her google/gmail has been disconnected.

Feb 28, 2016
there's that 'old 'T' again! does anyone know what I'm talking about???

religion is about Faith and Worship', may Jesus give us the discernment to determine
what and why people are worshiping and putting their faith in...

friends, please read the OT and find out how often 'various peoples-nations' who called themselves
'Christians', all the while were inter-mingling their beliefs with their immediate
circumstances and surroundings.,.many times not by their own choosing, but in order to survive...

the Bible tells us that we must 'set our own houses' in order 'first and foremost', this is where
the buck stops and then can proceed...

Mar 7, 2018
It's sad that so many Christians don't think about the persecuted Church or send help or pray for them. I was talking in chat about some of the things happening to our brothers and sisters. The reaction I got was one of disbelief. Some even said I was lying in that roundabout Christian way. It's that bad people don't even acknowledge them when they come into chat. Or respond when others do, and talk about their situations etc. I'm always reminded of the scriptures about the hardness of heart and the wealthy and how people that suffer from these things just don't understand Jesus or what He tells us to do. Well maybe they will before it's too late, we can only hope and pray.

P

Pontiac

It is very easy for people to ignore what is going on in other countries ... Just as they ignore a drug problem or theft in their city until it comes to their neighborhood ... The entire world is turning away from God and the pace is greatly accelerating ... I don't know how long God will allow this to continue, but I have to believe Jesus is soon to return ... I know God will rescue those who suffer for His cause ...

A

AuntieAnt

Reading about the ongoing torture these Christians in China are enduring takes my breath away and disturbs my heart. But if I can't devote myself to read the accounts of what's going on with the persecuted church and know how to pray for them effectually, I am worth nothing. If I can't put myself aside and spend time in prayer for them, I'm just clanging brass and without God's love. Like those who stood at the cross of Jesus mocking Him and telling Him to get Himself down.

God said blessed are those who suffer for His sake, who give up their lives for Him. The world isn't even worthy of these saints, the Living Word says. Anyone who would suggest these persecuted Christians in China brought this on themselves due to "inter-mingling their beliefs with their immediate circumstances and surroundings" is not speaking on behalf of Christ Jesus. The Lord would never say such contemptible things about His own bride. I can hardly believe anyone, much less a Christian, would say such vile things about their brothers and sisters suffering in agony day after day. Google the images online of the persecuted church. If your heart can witness their torture and still say they brought it on themselves, you do not have the heart of Christ.

If the Lord tells us to pray for our enemies, how much more are we to uphold the family of God in continual prayer and intercession?

Mar 7, 2018
Just looking through the replies I saw to this thread, around 16 and a couple of hundred views. Then I noticed a thread about a word game that had a few thousand replies and views. Gives us some idea of what interests a lot of our so called Christian brothers and sisters and the state of the Church. I can say with no hesitation it makes me angry.

P

Pontiac

What is amazing to me is how many are on this site that still do not believe what the Bible tells them ... I just joined the other day and have seen several already ...

Dec 26, 2017
This breaks my heart to hear and read .... I will be praying for them.