All About My Poetry

  • Thread starter Thread starter Seeking-Christ
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

Seeking-Christ

Guest
In the early days, I wrote rhyming poems, so that I could say something without saying it. I thought to myself, this way I can get an emotion off my chest without talking directly about the emotion. Then poems transformed into poems about lust. I got really stuck on Matthew 5:28. Every time I saw or had a desire to look at beautiful woman online, I would write yet another poem about lust. The crazy thing is, I never got any better. Matthew 5:28 was one of those verses that really bothered me. God gave me a sex drive and yet that sex drive was causing me to be evil. Mind you, I never blamed the women. i always thought to myself, "they can't be expected to understand" just like I can't understand them. Someone finally told me to read "Every Man's Battle". I bought it and read it. For me the book just made things feel worse. I finally just gave up. Recently another book was written by three women who challenges books like "Every Man's Battle". And it gave me something to really think about! They introduce the concept that lust and attraction are two different things. There must be a way of dealing with lust without getting rid of attraction. Cause you can not get rid of attraction. But that is all I'm going to say on that subject for now.

Since I left all social networking sites except for youtube, and some forums. Although I don't consider most forums to be "social networking". I pretty much stopped writing poems unless, I was frustrated or sad about something. When Covid 19 hit, I decided to rewrite an old Christmas song. I made it about Covid. People at work thought it was hilarious. Since then I've sorta thrown meaning to the wind, and just started writing some crazy stories that rhymed.

Currently I'm struggling to figure out what I want to write on here. It's tempting to share my story poems but I want to keep my work life and my online life as separate as possible.
 
I seem to have a gift for writing rhymes but sometimes I wish I didn't have this gift. I haven't been able to make it into anything that helps anyone.