All Nations, what does it mean?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Oct 2, 2017
I notice that a lot of the people on this site use the words all nations. What does that mean? Does this really mean all nation can possibly receive everlasting life? Or does this mean one group of people who were scattered across the four corners of the earth? If the chosen people were Israelites, the bible was about them and for them, when did God ever call all nations His special people or peculiar treasure.

Psalm 147:19He sheweth his word unto Jacob, his statutes and his judgments unto Israel.

Psalm 147:20 He hath not dealt so with any nation: and as for his judgments, they have not known them. Praise ye the LORD.

If He only gave His word to Jacob and His laws statues and commandments to Israel and not dealing with any other nations.

Psalm 78:5 KJV - For he established a testimony in Jacob, and appointed a law in Israel, which he commanded our fathers, that they should make them known to their children:

What does this all nations mean? He said that He change not

Malachi 3:6 KJV - 6 For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.

So if he change not, how can all nations include everyone

Psalm 14:7 KJV - 7 Oh that the salvation of Israel were come out of Zion! when the LORD bringeth back the captivity of his people, Jacob shall rejoice, and Israel shall be glad.

Bring back the captivity of his people. All throughout the bible it's only one group of people that He talks about.

Jeremiah 7:23 KJV - But this thing commanded I them, saying, Obey my voice, and I will be your God, and ye shall be my people: and walk ye in all the ways that I have commanded you, that it may be well unto you. This is not directed to everyone only to the Israelites.

Jeremiah 30:22 KJV - And ye shall be my people, and I will be your God.

Exodus 19:5 KJV - Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine:

Psalm 135:4 KJV - 4 For the LORD hath chosen Jacob unto himself, and Israel for his peculiar treasure.

Deuteronomy 14:2 KJV - 2 For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God, and the LORD hath chosen thee to be a peculiar people unto himself, above all the nations that are upon the earth.

Titus 2:14 KJV - 14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

1 Peter 2:9 KJV - 9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:

I challenge anyone to show me where he speaks to any other nations, with the love as parent speaks to his 1st born child. This book is for one group of people. He said He create this earth for them.

KJVA Bible. 2 Esdras 6:54-59
2 Esd 6:54 And after these, Adam also, whom thou madest lord of all thy creatures: of him come we all, and the people also whom thou hast chosen.

2 Esd 6:55 All this have I spoken before thee, O Lord, because thou madest the world for our sakes

2 Esd 6:56 As for the other people, which also come of Adam, thou hast said that they are nothing, but be like unto spittle: and hast likened the abundance of them unto a drop that falleth from a vessel.

2 Esd 6:57 And now, O Lord, behold, these heathen, which have ever been reputed as nothing, have begun to be lords over us, and to devour us.

2 Esd 6:58 But we thy people, whom thou hast called thy firstborn, thy only begotten, and thy fervent lover, are given into their hands.

2 Esd 6:59 If the world now be made for our sakes, why do we not possess an inheritance with the world? how long shall this endure?

If you can show me something different I welcome the challenge but please bring scriptures.

Innerfire89

Aug 23, 2017
The apostile Paul was the apostle to the gentiles.
Galatians 3:26-29 You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus, for all of you who we're baptized into Christ have colthed yourselves with Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. If you belong to Christ then you are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Feb 7, 2015
The apostile Paul was the apostle to the gentiles.
Galatians 3:26-29 You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus, for all of you who we're baptized into Christ have colthed yourselves with Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. If you belong to Christ then you are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.
Ya can't get much plainer than that. The Jews had it made, but threw it away. And now, they are just in the same big pot the rest of us are in.

Innerfire89

Aug 23, 2017
Oh, and let's not forget the Samaritan woman at the well.

Locutus

Feb 10, 2017
It means all nations:

Luke 24:47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

Nations - Greek ethnos:

Strongs

G1484 ethnos eth'-nos

probably from G1486;

a race (as of the same habit), i.e. a tribe; specially, a foreign (non-Jewish) one (usually, by implication, pagan).

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
It means all nations:

Luke 24:47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

Nations - Greek ethnos:

Strongs

G1484 ethnos eth'-nos

probably from G1486;

a race (as of the same habit), i.e. a tribe; specially, a foreign (non-Jewish) one (usually, by implication, pagan).

So... what you're saying is... you think "all nations" actually means "all nations"?

What a novel approach around here.

: )

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
I notice that a lot of the people on this site use the words all nations. What does that mean?
All nations simply means all nations, which means all of humanity.
Does this really mean all nationa can possibly receive everlasting life?
The inhabitants of all nations -- all of humanity -- can be saved if all will meet God's conditions for salvation. Salvation is always soul by soul, not nation by nation. Israel -- which should have all been saved -- ended up with just a remnant. Why? Because of unbelief.

Oct 2, 2017
The women at the well was and Israelite, if you read and understand, she said to Him our father Jacob. Jacob is the father of all the Israelites. No other nation can call him father. The Israelites were scattered.

John 4:9 Then saith the woman of Samaria unto him, How is it that thou, being a Jew, askest drink of me, which am a woman of Samaria? for the Jews have no dealings with the Samaritans.

4:10 Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water.

4:11 The woman saith unto him, Sir, thou hast nothing to draw with, and the well is deep: from whence then hast thou that living water?

4:12 Art thou greater than our father Jacob, which gave us the well, and drank thereof himself, and his children, and his cattle?

4:13 Jesus answered and said unto her, Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again:

He called the canaanite woman a dog.

Matt 15:24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
25 Then came she and worshipped him, saying, Lord, help me.
26 But he answered and said, It is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it to dogs.
27 And she said, Truth, Lord: yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters' table.

Other nations were nothing to Him. This book is only for one group of people.

Oct 2, 2017
No need to respond to you because you have no scriptures to back you up.

Mem

Sep 23, 2014
No need to respond to you because you have no scriptures to back you up.

What was Peter saying to Cornelius when he told him, along with all the gentiles that had gathered to hear him, saying...."I now truly understand that God does not show favoritism, but welcomes those from every nation who fear Him and do what is right." (Acts 10:34-35) ?

Innerfire89

Aug 23, 2017
The women at the well was and Israelite, if you read and understand, she said to Him our father Jacob. Jacob is the father of all the Israelites. No other nation can call him father. The Israelites were scattered.

John 4:9 Then saith the woman of Samaria unto him, How is it that thou, being a Jew, askest drink of me, which am a woman of Samaria? for the Jews have no dealings with the Samaritans.

4:10 Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water.

4:11 The woman saith unto him, Sir, thou hast nothing to draw with, and the well is deep: from whence then hast thou that living water?

4:12 Art thou greater than our father Jacob, which gave us the well, and drank thereof himself, and his children, and his cattle?

4:13 Jesus answered and said unto her, Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again:

He called the canaanite woman a dog.

Matt 15:24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
25 Then came she and worshipped him, saying, Lord, help me.
26 But he answered and said, It is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it to dogs.
27 And she said, Truth, Lord: yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters' table.

Other nations were nothing to Him. This book is only for one group of people.
Really now?
Matthew 15:27-28 "Yes Lord", she said, "but even the dogs eat the crumbs from the masters table."
Then Jesus anwsered, "Woman, you have great faith!" And her daughter was healed from that very hour.

Apr 15, 2017
Act 10:34 Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:
Act 10:35 But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.

Act 10:44 While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.
Act 10:45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Act 17:29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.
Act 17:30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent.

Gal 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

Rom 2:28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:
Rom 2:29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Eph 2:11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;
Eph 2:12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:
Eph 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
Eph 2:14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;
Eph 2:15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;
Eph 2:16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:
Eph 2:17 And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.
Eph 2:18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.
Eph 2:19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;
Eph 2:20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;
Eph 2:21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:
Eph 2:22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

Locutus

Feb 10, 2017
Oct 2, 2017
Paul said this, Ephesians 2:11 KJV - Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;

Paul went to the northern kingdom the ones who went off into idolatry. Remember the Israelites were scattered among all nations. They took on the customs of the heathens in these other nations, that why they use all nations because the scattering.

James 1:1James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting.

1Peter 1:1 Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the strangers scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia,

The northern kingdom were called gentiles by the southern kingdom

John 7:35 KJV - Then said the Jews among themselves, Whither will he go, that we shall not find him? will he go unto the dispersed among the Gentiles, and teach the Gentiles?

The dispersed, the scattered among the gentiles, the heathens, the strangers and teach the gentiles, who are the scattered, the dispersed.

Isaiah 11:12 KJV - And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth.

If you're not keeping the laws and commandments you can't understand Paul's writings.

Hosea 4:17 KJV - Ephraim is joined to idols: let him alone.

1 Corinthians 12:2 KJV - Ye know that ye were Gentiles, carried away unto these dumb idols, even as ye were led.

Galatians 4:9 KJV - But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage? He telling them that they once new God but they are turning back to idolatry.

Here's Paul telling you exactly who the gentiles were

Roman 9:I say the truth in Christ, I lie not, my conscience also bearing me witness in the Holy Ghost,

2 That I have great heaviness and continual sorrow in my heart.

3 For I could wish that myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh:

4 Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises

Paul said my brethren, my kinsmen according to the FLESH WHO ARE ISRAELITES. Tell'em Paul those gentiles were the Israelites. This book is for one group of people.

Oct 2, 2017
Don't you throw your dog food but your not going to give it all to them.

Innerfire89

Aug 23, 2017
Romans 11:11 Again I ask: Did they stumble so as to fall beyond recovery? Not at all! Rather, because of their transgression, salivation has come to the gentiles to make Israel envious.

Gentile are none Jews.

Innerfire89

Aug 23, 2017
Don't you throw your dog food but your not going to give it all to them.
For one Jesus was using a metaphor, not calling the woman a dog. It was common for Jews to refer to gentiles as dogs.

I wouldn't give my dog all of his food at the same time, but he's going to eat all of eventually.

You said other nations meant nothing to Jesus, yet He healed her daughter and commended her faith. Now why would Jesus do that?

loveme1

Oct 30, 2011
Hosea 2

I will even betroth thee unto me in faithfulness: and thou shalt know the LORD.

21And it shall come to pass in that day, I will hear, saith the LORD, I will hear the heavens, and they shall hear the earth;
22And the earth shall hear the corn, and the wine, and the oil; and they shall hear Jezreel.
23And I will sow her unto me in the earth; and I will have mercy upon her that had not obtained mercy; and I will say to them which were not my people, Thou art my people; and they shall say, Thou art my God.

loveme1

Oct 30, 2011
I know GOD gave us a Truth in Revelation about fake Jews of the Synagogue of Satan.. and I'm guarded of anyone who prefers to align themselves through flesh and exalt themselves greater.. those who through Faith in the Messiah are the Children of GOD. GOD knows all things and if by flesh we are Israel then nothing changes unless we believe the New Testament of the Messiah who is Son of GOD.

GOD and His Son are the special One's, we the creation should count our Blessings that GOD is Gracious and Merciful and if we were to be the last one in to the Kingdom of GOD know that we neither deserve that.. but GOD not wanting any to perish gave us Victory and Hope to be forgiven and reconciled. Kiss the Son and be not highminded.. for Like John said GOD could raise children up from the stones for Abraham...

All condemned in unbelief and must Repent and believe in Christ the King of Kings..

Glory to the Almighty GOD of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and our Lord and Saviour Yahshua.