All Of Israel, Or Just A Remnant?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 13, 2023
Those lost sheep of the house of Israel, whom God has blinded to know the gospel will eventually repent. Romans 11:26, And so all Israel shall be saved, as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob.

Concerning Matt 7:21-23, "the kingdom of heaven" is one of many names in the scriptures that have reference to Christ's bride, the church. Such as, The little flock, The kingdom of God, the church of Christ, the church in the wilderness, The church of God, and others.

The physical church discipline will not accept accept some disobedient children of God as members of the church that have the promise of an inheritance of eternal heaven.
The Kingdom of Heaven is when Christ comes for His bride and they will forevermore be with Jesus. It's those who are part of the first resurrection as found in Revelation 20. His saints will meet Him in the Clouds and be with Him forevermore. 1 Thessalonians 4:17

Mat 7:21-23 is a warning that Jesus in His own Words says its more than believing to be saved. He says many will say Lord, Lord (believers) but did not submit to His will and practice lawlessness (sin) that He will say depart from Me, He does not know them, because 1 John 2:3 Now by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments. 4 He who says, “I know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

His sheep follow Him and follow His teachings- Jesus said If you love Me, keep My commandments John 14:15. How do we have faith in Jesus but not faith in His teachings. We need both the faith in Him and faith of Jesus, which means as His sheep we follow the Lamb and do what He taught as He is our example to follow. 1 John 2:6 and this faith will only lead us on the narrow path that He says few find. Mat 7:13-14. Few find it because they seek their will over His.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
The Kingdom of Heaven is when Christ comes for His bride and they will forevermore be with Jesus. It's those who are part of the first resurrection as found in Revelation 20. His saints will meet Him in the Clouds and be with Him forevermore. 1 Thessalonians 4:17

Mat 7:21-23 is a warning that Jesus in His own Words says its more than believing to be saved. He says many will say Lord, Lord (believers) but did not submit to His will and practice lawlessness (sin) that He will say depart from Me, He does not know them, because 1 John 2:3 Now by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments. 4 He who says, “I know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

His sheep follow Him and follow His teachings- Jesus said If you love Me, keep My commandments John 14:15. How do we have faith in Jesus but not faith in His teachings. We need both the faith in Him and faith of Jesus, which means as His sheep we follow the Lamb and do what He taught as He is our example to follow. 1 John 2:6 and this faith will only lead us on the narrow path that He says few find. Mat 7:13-14. Few find it because they seek their will over His.
SabbathBlessing, I am enjoying conversing the scriptures with you endeavoring to seek the truth by harmonizing the scriptures.

Very few, in Jesus's days, understood his teachings. His followers said it is a hard saying, who can understand it? I believe that holds true in this day and time.

It is true that Jesus will come again at the last day, and his angels will gather his elect, which will include all of the household of Israel, and the remnant of the household of Israel, from all over the earth.

I believe the scriptures to teach that there is, in this world, an invisible(my word) church consisting of those that God has blinded to see the truth, and a visible church consisting of the remnant who have been revealed the knowledge of the gospel.

In Ezekiel 10, especially verse 10, it speaks of a wheel within a wheel. I believe the outer, larger, wheel represents the invisible church, Lost sheep of the household of Israel, which is the wide gate in Matt 7, that are teaching false doctrines of salvation by works, and the inner, smaller, wheel represents the visible church, the remnant of the household of Israel, which is the strait gate, who are teaching the truth of the gospel.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018

I am assuming that you do not believe that following God's commandments, and believing in spiritual things had anything to do with your eternal salvation, but are the after effects of being born again.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
yo

here is one thing that may be missing. When the Lord raptures the church He aso raises up the Jews. I saw that in Daniel 12.

At that time shall arise Michael the great prince who has charge of your people. And there shall be a time of trouble such as never has been since there was a nation till that time but at that time your people shall be delivered everyone whose name shall be found written in the book. And many of those who sleep in the dust of the earth shall awaken, some to everlasting life and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

And those who are wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament and those who turn many to righteousness like the stars forever and ever.

This is packed with info

We can see that it at the time of the great tribulation, we can see that the Jews will be delivered from out of the great trib. We can see that they are raised from the dead, not just the righteous but the wicked too [so it is not the Rapture, though it would seem likely to be simultaneous with]

And here we may see that ALL Israel does not seem to mean every single Jew.

On the famous remnant, the apostles were the remnant, the Jewish church was [perhaps still is] the remnant. Paul identifies himself with the remnant.
The purpose of the remnant is to keep the testimony alive until the whole nation is turned back to the Lord. As at Mt Carmel through Elijah and the subsequent ministries of Elisha and King Jehu.
“On the famous remnant, the apostles were the remnant, the Jewish church was [perhaps still is] the remnant. Paul identifies himself with the remnant.”

indeed those saved of the first generation of the church during the great tribulation. And then the scattering of the remnant of Israel.

the question should be what identifies israel in Gods eyes ?

“Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel: neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.

That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God:

but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭9:6-8‬ ‭KJV‬‬

You can’t be an Israelite in Gods eyes and reject the gospel and you can’t be a gentile in Gods eyes if you accept Jesus the seed of Abraham because in spirit it makes us the seed of Abraham to receive his spirit who is the seed of Abraham

One can be born of Israeli flesh and blood this doesn’t mean they are Gods chosen people look at Judas and all those who rejected Jesus they were isralites by flesh but not in spirit . They rejected the spirit of Gods chosen.

this makes a person elect and nothing else can even being born of a tribe of Israel cannot remove or replace this

“And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.”
‭‭Galatians‬ ‭4:6‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Our flesh heritage no longer matters only Jesus and the gospel and our response to him matters

“Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

… For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.”
‭‭Galatians‬ ‭3:16, 26-29‬ ‭KJV‬‬

This isn’t how we see it according to our rules and flesh and blood sight we see race and flesh what bloodline were born of making us something different to God . But to him if we receive Jesus and the gospel bekng born in the flesh as an Israelite , African , Chinese , Japanese , Indian , European , Greek , Roman , native anerican ect all of the things of the flesh those are not a factor any longer even flesh circumcision not a thing any longer

the one factor for all creation is Jesus and the gospel and thier ondividual response to him and the offer he’s made to be saved by him and for him not for any kingdom we have seen but the one we hear about and believe

this earth is doomed for certain even the land of Israel currently even Jerusalem under a curse but we can be saved from the curse through Christ for another kingdom

“Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.”
‭‭John‬ ‭18:36‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭16:19‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses. Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭2:32-33‬ ‭

“In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.”
‭‭John‬ ‭14:2-4‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord: we are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.”
‭‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭5:6, 8‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom. And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭23:42-43‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭14:13‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands; and cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb. And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they? And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them. They shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more; neither shall the sun light on them, nor any heat. For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭7:9-10, 13-17‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“but ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels, to the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect, and to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭12:22-24‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth. For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country. But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭11:13-14, 16‬ ‭

“And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭21:1-2‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭21:10‬ ‭

“For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children. But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.”
‭‭Galatians‬ ‭4:25-26‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Each covenant has a promised land and a Jerusalem spoken of in the ot prophets beforehand

“For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind. But be ye glad and rejoice for ever in that which I create: for, behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy.”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭65:17-18‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
There are two things which identify "Israel" at one and the same time: (1) whether a Jew is in fact a part of the believing remnant of Israel (including the Hebrew OT saints) and (2) after the Second Coming of Christ, whether a Jew from one of the twelve tribes is also a believer in the Lord Jesus Christ.

The redeemed twelve tribes have been promised the land of Greater Israel (from the Nile to the Euphrates). This will become a reality after the Second Coming. But Jews who are already a part of the Church (until the Rapture) are not in that group. The New Jerusalem is the eternal home of the Church. And in the Body of Christ there is neither Jew nor Gentile.

Dec 13, 2023
SabbathBlessing, I am enjoying conversing the scriptures with you endeavoring to seek the truth by harmonizing the scriptures.

Very few, in Jesus's days, understood his teachings. His followers said it is a hard saying, who can understand it? I believe that holds true in this day and time.

It is true that Jesus will come again at the last day, and his angels will gather his elect, which will include all of the household of Israel, and the remnant of the household of Israel, from all over the earth.

I believe the scriptures to teach that there is, in this world, an invisible(my word) church consisting of those that God has blinded to see the truth, and a visible church consisting of the remnant who have been revealed the knowledge of the gospel.

In Ezekiel 10, especially verse 10, it speaks of a wheel within a wheel. I believe the outer, larger, wheel represents the invisible church, Lost sheep of the household of Israel, which is the wide gate in Matt 7, that are teaching false doctrines of salvation by works, and the inner, smaller, wheel represents the visible church, the remnant of the household of Israel, which is the strait gate, who are teaching the truth of the gospel.
Jesus spoke and taught very plainly- what is so hard to understand about this:

If you love Me keep My commandments John 14:15

Jesus taught those who keep their own rules over keeping the commandments of God are the blind Mat 15:3-14 not those who hear His voice and obey what He asks. Interesting how this gets flipped.

I believe Jesus meant exactly what He stated in Matthew 7.

We are saved by grace through faith, but God made us to do good works Eph 2:8-10

Our good works are evidence of our faith.

Hard to have faith in Jesus, but not enough faith to do what He asks or beleive His teachings. We are to be doers of the Word, not just hearers, deceiving ourselves James 1:22

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Eternal salvation was accomplished on the cross for all of those that Jesus's Father gave to him, and he promised that he would lose none of them John 6:37-40.
That is simply not what the Bible says. The Bible says "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved".

So all of Christ's sheep must FIRST repent and believe, then be saved. then receive the gift of the Holy Spirit and be born again. Then they will surely have eternal security, but all of mankind is invited to be saved and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. There is an order to salvation, and nobody was automatically saved at the cross. Salvation was made possible through the supreme sacrifice and shed blood of Christ. Hence the necessity of preaching the Gospel.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
There are two things which identify "Israel" at one and the same time: (1) whether a Jew is in fact a part of the believing remnant of Israel (including the Hebrew OT saints) and (2) after the Second Coming of Christ, whether a Jew from one of the twelve tribes is also a believer in the Lord Jesus Christ.

The redeemed twelve tribes have been promised the land of Greater Israel (from the Nile to the Euphrates). This will become a reality after the Second Coming. But Jews who are already a part of the Church (until the Rapture) are not in that group. The New Jerusalem is the eternal home of the Church. And in the Body of Christ there is neither Jew nor Gentile.
no one is a child of Abraham’s promised inheritance unless they accept Christ

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
That is why I said "believing remnant". The OT saints believed God and received imputed righteousness (like Abraham). Many are listed in Hebrews 11.

Shilohsfoal

Dec 27, 2018

If they take the mark of the Israeli government ,they won't be receiving it for sure

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Right only the believers agreed thier belief is what makes them who they are

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
If they take the mark of the Israeli government ,they won't be receiving it for sure
We are looking at events AFTER the Second Coming of Christ. At present all are exhorted to repent and believe. Those who do not may well face the Mark of the Beast.

Evmur

Feb 28, 2021
London
christianchat.com
“On the famous remnant, the apostles were the remnant, the Jewish church was [perhaps still is] the remnant. Paul identifies himself with the remnant.”

indeed those saved of the first generation of the church during the great tribulation. And then the scattering of the remnant of Israel.

“Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel: neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.

That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God:

but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭9:6-8‬ ‭KJV‬‬

You can’t be an Israelite in Gods eyes and reject the gospel and you can’t be a gentile in Gods eyes if you accept Jesus the seed of Abraham because in spirit it makes us the seed of Abraham to receive his spirit who is the seed of Abraham

One can be born of Israeli flesh and blood this doesn’t mean they are Gods chosen people look at Judas and all those who rejected Jesus they were isralites by flesh but not in spirit . They rejected the spirit of Gods chosen.

this makes a person elect and nothing else can even being born of a tribe of Israel cannot remove or replace this

“And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.”
‭‭Galatians‬ ‭4:6‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Our flesh heritage no longer matters only Jesus and the gospel and our response to him matters

“Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

… For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.”

This isn’t how we see it according to our rules and flesh and blood sight we see race and flesh what bloodline were born of making us something different to God . But to him if we receive Jesus and the gospel bekng born in the flesh as an Israelite , African , Chinese , Japanese , Indian , European , Greek , Roman , native anerican ect all of the things of the flesh those are not a factor any longer even flesh circumcision not a thing any longer

the one factor for all creation is Jesus and the gospel and thier ondividual response to him and the offer he’s made to be saved by him and for him not for any kingdom we have seen but the one we hear about and believe

this earth is doomed for certain even the land of Israel currently even Jerusalem under a curse but we can be saved from the curse through Christ for another kingdom

“Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.”
‭‭John‬ ‭18:36‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭16:19‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses. Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭2:32-33‬ ‭

“In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.”
‭‭John‬ ‭14:2-4‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord: we are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.”
‭‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭5:6, 8‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom. And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭23:42-43‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭14:13‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands; and cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb. And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they? And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them. They shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more; neither shall the sun light on them, nor any heat. For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭7:9-10, 13-17‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“but ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels, to the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect, and to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭12:22-24‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth. For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country. But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭11:13-14, 16‬ ‭

“And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭21:1-2‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭21:10‬ ‭

“For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children. But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.”
‭‭Galatians‬ ‭4:25-26‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Each covenant has a promised land and a Jerusalem spoken of in the ot prophets beforehand

“For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind. But be ye glad and rejoice for ever in that which I create: for, behold, I create Jerusalem a rejoicing, and her people a joy.”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭65:17-18‬ ‭KJV‬‬
Don't you find Pilgrim that sometimes we have to ponder much and deeply upon some difficult passages of scripture?

See how Paul makes a distinction between the children of Abraham and the Israel.

What is he saying then? only that Ishmael is not the seed of promise, we know that and we see it clearly throughout history to the present day. But all who are of Isaac most definitely are.

It was the seed of Isaac who rejected Christ, Israel. They stumbled ....

The question now is have they stumbled so as to fall? God forbid. Paul was speaking to the present situation, he is describing the state of affairs as it then was.

The Jews are enemies of the gospel for our sakes but as touching ELECTION they are beloved for the father's sake for the promises and calling of God cannot be revoked. THAT is a massive statement. It is not the obedient or believing Jews Paul is calling beloved but the disbelieving and disobedient, the enemies of the gospel.

What became of their disbelief and disobedience? their stumbling, their greatest sin? SALVATION for the world, for you and for me. Election is everything in the bible.

And if their disobedience and fall has brought blessing what will their obedience and acceptance bring? Resurrection from the dead, that's what ... there will be no rapture until it's God's time to turn the Jews back to Himself.

All Israel must be saved. the debate is does all mean every single, I venture no.

But it certainly doesn't mean just a straggley few.

Evmur

Feb 28, 2021
London
christianchat.com
Don't you find Pilgrim that sometimes we have to ponder much and deeply upon some difficult passages of scripture?

See how Paul makes a distinction between the children of Abraham and the Israel.

What is he saying then? only that Ishmael is not the seed of promise, we know that and we see it clearly throughout history to the present day. But all who are of Isaac most definitely are.

The question now is have they stumbled so as to fall? God forbid. Paul was speaking to the present situation, he is describing the state of affairs as it then was.

The Jews are enemies of the gospel for our sakes but as touching ELECTION they are beloved for the father's sake for the promises and calling of God cannot be revoked. THAT is a massive statement. It is not the obedient or believing Jews Paul is calling beloved but the disbelieving and disobedient, the enemies of the gospel.

What became of their disbelief and disobedience? their stumbling, their greatest sin? SALVATION for the world, for you and for me. Election is everything in the bible.

And if their disobedience and fall has brought blessing what will their obedience and acceptance bring? Resurrection from the dead, that's what ... there will be no rapture until it's God's time to turn the Jews back to Himself.

All Israel must be saved. the debate is does all mean every single, I venture no.

It's no good saying that God doesn't choose people by race or nationality ... He chose the Jews.

The church has never understood the debt of gratitude it owes, we each one of us owes, to the Jews. Our hearts ought to long and yearn for their salvation.

The church turned against the Jews in the 4th century, it turned the nations against the Jews. It made the progoms of persecution against them possible. Alas it made the holocaust possible, Luther who we do love yet was a hater of the Jews it clung to him from his catholicism. That is why ...

That is why when the great tribulation comes to the nations the church which is in the nations will go through it.

Shilohsfoal

Dec 27, 2018
We are looking at events AFTER the Second Coming of Christ. At present all are exhorted to repent and believe. Those who do not may well face the Mark of the Beast.

These are the Israelis who don't take the mark of the Israeli government.

Revelation 20

4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020

“See how Paul makes a distinction between the children of Abraham and the Israel.”

“Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel: That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭9:6, 8‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Gods israel are the children of Abraham’s promise not the flesh seed of Jacob but the spiritual seed of Christ the children of promise

Do you see how it’s talking about israel but saying it isn’t the flesh and blood that defines Israel but whether they are born of Abraham’s promise ?

But yeah brother we should consider scriptures constantly in our mind and most importantly talk to the author and ask him about them

“Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ. For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.”

thats who is actually israel e children of promise not the flesh seed . Do you see there how chrost is the promised seed and it’s not the people of the tribes ofnisrael but it’s actually just Jesus ? And the only way is to be in him without being in christ we aren’t an hier

everything is based solely on Christ and the gospel that’s how israel is born there is the flesh and the spirit . I can be. Ron of Abraham’s blood and it doesn’t make me an Israelite I can be born of the tribe of Benjamin and it doesn’t make me an Israelite

“That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.”

It makes me one when I accept Christ the promised seed of Abraham and the true Israel of God

“And thou shalt say unto Pharaoh, Thus saith the LORD, Israel is my son, even my firstborn:”
‭‭Exodus‬ ‭4:22‬ ‭

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
That is simply not what the Bible says. The Bible says "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved".

So all of Christ's sheep must FIRST repent and believe, then be saved. then receive the gift of the Holy Spirit and be born again. Then they will surely have eternal security, but all of mankind is invited to be saved and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. There is an order to salvation, and nobody was automatically saved at the cross. Salvation was made possible through the supreme sacrifice and shed blood of Christ. Hence the necessity of preaching the Gospel.
If you want to stay with your theory of eternal deliverance is rewarded by your good works, then no amount of explaining will convince you otherwise.

saved=delivered, according to Strong's concordance.

Those that the Father called and gave to his Son to redeem them from their sins, were promised an inheritance of eternal deliverance, those are the only ones that will be delivered eternally.

The other scriptures containing salvation, saved, and save are all referencing a deliverance, by their good works, here on earth, for those that he redeemed on the cross, and that was not all of mankind, only the ones that his Father gave him.

There is a deliverance obtained by good works, here on earth, but eternal deliverance cannot be obtained by your good works.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
Wrong. That is promoting eternal salvation (deliverance) by a person's good works.

Eph 2:8-10, For by grace are ye (those he has quickened, verse 1 )saved=delivered from being dead in trespasses and sins, through faith, (of Jesus Christ - Gal 2:16) and that not of yourselves; it is a gift of God: no of works, lest any man should boast, For we (those who have been quickened) are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God has before ordained ( Strong's=ordain before, prepare afore) that we (those who were quickened) should walk in them.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018

The necessity of preaching the truth of the gospel, in which only the remnant of the household of Jacob surnamed Israel (Isaiah 45:4) have been revealed the knowledge, and have been told to preach unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel/Jacob of whom God has blinded their eyes to the knowledge of the truth.

Are these just your thoughts, or do you have scripture to back them up?