All Of Israel, Or Just A Remnant?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
Don't you find Pilgrim that sometimes we have to ponder much and deeply upon some difficult passages of scripture?

See how Paul makes a distinction between the children of Abraham and the Israel.

What is he saying then? only that Ishmael is not the seed of promise, we know that and we see it clearly throughout history to the present day. But all who are of Isaac most definitely are.

It was the seed of Isaac who rejected Christ, Israel. They stumbled ....

The question now is have they stumbled so as to fall? God forbid. Paul was speaking to the present situation, he is describing the state of affairs as it then was.

The Jews are enemies of the gospel for our sakes but as touching ELECTION they are beloved for the father's sake for the promises and calling of God cannot be revoked. THAT is a massive statement. It is not the obedient or believing Jews Paul is calling beloved but the disbelieving and disobedient, the enemies of the gospel.

What became of their disbelief and disobedience? their stumbling, their greatest sin? SALVATION for the world, for you and for me. Election is everything in the bible.

And if their disobedience and fall has brought blessing what will their obedience and acceptance bring? Resurrection from the dead, that's what ... there will be no rapture until it's God's time to turn the Jews back to Himself.

All Israel must be saved. the debate is does all mean every single, I venture no.

But it certainly doesn't mean just a straggley few.

Jacob has been surnamed Israel, which is not the nation of Israel, (Rom 9:6) but is spiritual Israel which includes every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation (Rev 5:9).

Shilohsfoal

Dec 27, 2018
Wrong. That is promoting eternal salvation (deliverance) by a person's good works.

Eph 2:8-10, For by grace are ye (those he has quickened, verse 1 )saved=delivered from being dead in trespasses and sins, through faith, (of Jesus Christ - Gal 2:16) and that not of yourselves; it is a gift of God: no of works, lest any man should boast, For we (those who have been quickened) are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God has before ordained ( Strong's=ordain before, prepare afore) that we (those who were quickened) should walk in them.
Your telling someone they are wrong for saying someone has to except Jesus?

Do you believe them who reject Jesus will receive the promises ?

Shilohsfoal

Dec 27, 2018
Jacob has been surnamed Israel, which is not the nation of Israel, (Rom 9:6) but is spiritual Israel which includes every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation (Rev 5:9).
Wrong.
Israel is a name given to them who overcome.
It is the descendents of Jacob who overcome the beast.

This is Israel.
Revelation 20
6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

ewq1938

Oct 18, 2018
Wrong.
It is the descendents of Jacob who overcome the beast..
That isn't biblical. Some certainly do, and some Gentiles also do.

This is Israel.
Revelation 20
6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years

There is nothing there to suggest those people are only those of Israel

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Wrong. That is promoting eternal salvation (deliverance) by a person's good works.

Eph 2:8-10, For by grace are ye (those he has quickened, verse 1 )saved=delivered from being dead in trespasses and sins, through faith, (of Jesus Christ - Gal 2:16) and that not of yourselves; it is a gift of God: no of works, lest any man should boast, For we (those who have been quickened) are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God has before ordained ( Strong's=ordain before, prepare afore) that we (those who were quickened) should walk in them.
Yeah that darn apostle Paul always spreading things among the church

“But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God; Who will render to every man according to his deeds:

to them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:

but unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath, tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;

but glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile: for there is no respect of persons with God.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭2:5-11‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Shilohsfoal

Dec 27, 2018

Oh yes there is.If you know scripture and you know who the beast is.

Revelation 20:6 is the fulfillment of Exodus 19:6

Revelation 20:6
6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

Exodus 19:6
And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.

The beast which these children of Israel don't worship or it's image or recieve it mark is the Israeli government in Israel today.

A small remnant of Israel are they who will reign with Christ in his kingdom.

Isaiah 14:2
Nations will take them and bring them to their own place. And Israel will take possession of the nations and make them male and female servants in the LORD’s land. They will make captives of their captors and rule over their oppressors

And like I said,the name Israel.is given to someone who overcomes.

Genesis 32:28
Then the man said, “Your name will no longer be Jacob, but Israel, because you have struggled with God and with humans and have overcome.”

Revelation 3:12
The one who overcomes I will make a pillar in the temple of My God, and he will never again leave it. Upon him I will write the name of My God, and the name of the city of My God (the new Jerusalem that comes down out of heaven from My God), and My new name.

Revelation 14:1
Then I looked, and there before me was the Lamb, standing on Mount Zion, and with him 144,000 who had his name and his Father’s name written on their foreheads.

Exodus 4:22
Then say to Pharaoh, ‘This is what the LORD says: Israel is my firstborn son,

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
Your telling someone they are wrong for saying someone has to except Jesus?

Do you believe them who reject Jesus will receive the promises ?

I am saying that the natural man, as described in 1 Cor 2:14, will not, and indeed, cannot accept anything of a spiritual nature. A person has to be born again spiritually before he will accept Jesus or his Father, God.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
Wrong.
It is the descendents of Jacob who overcome the beast.

This is Israel.
Revelation 20

That is right those in Rev 5:9 will not taste of the second death, (because they are spiritual Israel) as do those that had no part in the first resurrection.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018

The Israel under consideration, in these scriptures, is not the nation of Israel, but is spiritual Israel which is Jacob surnamed Israel that includes people from every nation (Rev 5:9).

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
Yeah that darn apostle Paul always spreading things among the church

“But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God; Who will render to every man according to his deeds:

to them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:

but unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath, tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;

but glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile: for there is no respect of persons with God.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭2:5-11‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Just because those who have been born again of the Spirit, they do not get rid of their fleshly nature, whose righteousness is as filthy rags. and they, at times, turn away from God and lust after the things of the world, and will experience indignation and wrath, tribulation and anguish, until they repent.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
Oh yes there is.If you know scripture and you know who the beast is.

Revelation 20:6 is the fulfillment of Exodus 19:6

Revelation 20:6

Exodus 19:6
And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.

The beast which these children of Israel don't worship or it's image or recieve it mark is the Israeli government in Israel today.

A small remnant of Israel are they who will reign with Christ in his kingdom.

Isaiah 14:2
Nations will take them and bring them to their own place. And Israel will take possession of the nations and make them male and female servants in the LORD’s land. They will make captives of their captors and rule over their oppressors

And like I said,the name Israel.is given to someone who overcomes.

Genesis 32:28
Then the man said, “Your name will no longer be Jacob, but Israel, because you have struggled with God and with humans and have overcome.”

Revelation 3:12
The one who overcomes I will make a pillar in the temple of My God, and he will never again leave it. Upon him I will write the name of My God, and the name of the city of My God (the new Jerusalem that comes down out of heaven from My God), and My new name.

Revelation 14:1
Then I looked, and there before me was the Lamb, standing on Mount Zion, and with him 144,000 who had his name and his Father’s name written on their foreheads.

Exodus 4:22
Then say to Pharaoh, ‘This is what the LORD says: Israel is my firstborn son,

Those that comprise Jacob, surnamed Israel, and the remnant of Israel both have the promise of an eternal inheritance, because the disobedient Israel/Jacob will be saved (delivered eternally.).

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Just because those who have been born again of the Spirit, they do not get rid of their fleshly nature, whose righteousness is as filthy rags. and they, at times, turn away from God and lust after the things of the world, and will experience indignation and wrath, tribulation and anguish, until they repent.
See how you totwlly ignored the plain scripture from Paul and began to explain things you think ?

this makes it impossible for me to discuss with you or those of the Joseph prince hypergrace crowd . You guys just ignore what the Bible is teaching and explain why it can’t be true .

I respect all your thinking but I’m only here to talk about what the Bible has to say about things like how we Christian’s are going to be judged and who’s going to judge us and by what means he will judge us

If I want to know about judgement I’ll read and learn what the New Testament says then I’ll know . Maybe that’s the wrong way to do it , that’s the way I’m glued to tho . It sort of ends the conversation about the bible when we won’t address things it says in the Bible that are clear and present all throughout

what your saying there could have some good merit , it doesn’t change what the Bible says about repentance and judgement according to our deeds good or bad that’s always how the Bible explains judgement the same way .

from here

“Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.”
‭‭Ecclesiastes‬ ‭12:13-14‬ ‭KJV‬‬

To here

“Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, and shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.”
‭‭John‬ ‭5:28-29‬ ‭

To here

“Who will render to every man according to his deeds: to them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life: but unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath, tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile; but glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭2:6-10‬ ‭KJV‬‬

to here

“And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭20:12-13‬ ‭

those who read Paul should read Paul and listen to what he’s saying

“For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences.”
‭‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭5:10-11‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Saying we’re all saved by grace and we have no role in it will never save anyone the truth in thier bibles Will though

Shilohsfoal

Dec 27, 2018
I am saying that the natural man, as described in 1 Cor 2:14, will not, and indeed, cannot accept anything of a spiritual nature. A person has to be born again spiritually before he will accept Jesus or his Father, God.
Then you would be wrong because before I received the holy spirit,I first believed and accepted Jesus as the son of God and a sacrifice for my sins.

Jimbone

Aug 22, 2014
Is that right?

Ephesians 3:27-28
For all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

We are a new creation in Christ and we have no earthly nationality.
Agreed, but there is also Romans 2:28-29
28 For no one is a Jew who is merely one outwardly, nor is circumcision outward and physical. 29 But a Jew is one inwardly, and circumcision is a matter of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the letter. His praise is not from man but from God.

Which I think backs up the point being made.

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
This concept has bothered me for quite some time. Does anyone have any ideas of how we justify the two below, and apparently opposing concepts?

Romans 9:27 NLT – “And concerning Israel, Isaiah the prophet cried out, "Though the people of Israel are as numerous as the sand of the seashore, only a remnant will be saved.”
Romans 11:25-26 NLT – “I want you to understand this mystery, dear brothers and sisters, so that you will not feel proud about yourselves. Some of the people of Israel have hard hearts, but this will last only until the full number of Gentiles comes to Christ. 26 And so all Israel will be saved. As the Scriptures say, "The one who rescues will come from Jerusalem, and he will turn Israel away from ungodliness.”

I'm studying this as I write, so any ideas would be helpful. Thanks!

And those of you who want to fight and nit-pick . . . please don't participate. You suck the joy right out of what we're trying to accomplish, here.
I don't want to be right . . . I want to get it right.

I love your saying above, I too want to get it right.

There are many interpretations from many people many agree as others do not. What I see is, go to God in Spirit snd Truth of God the Father of the risen Son for you, and I bet God will answer you or not, yet I think you will be content in the answer, if not yet answer even.

For me from me, I see this God diesires all to be saved, yet will they. There are many perplexities written in Scriptures over each other. and many misinterpreted words also

, only a remnant will be saved.”
all Israel will be saved

Could that be All the Remnant will be saved, all those God sees that will choose God over this world and the self too? Could others choose belief too? I think so, otherwise I see it would all be over and we be at the end of Revelations presently Chapter 22

Free choice means free to choose to believe god or not from within you to be new and hear God speak in and through you to you to grow up in God's maturity for you. /Which Amen I see you doing this Hallelujah as I see God will answer you and you will be content in nit whether or not you get answered what you want, God is good like that to me at least thanks
Love to all from God by Son on that cross that went willingly and could have said no, yet didn't did he! Amazing grace to us to to choose
That to me the call for us all

Inquisitor

Mar 17, 2022
Agreed, but there is also Romans 2:28-29
28 For no one is a Jew who is merely one outwardly, nor is circumcision outward and physical. 29 But a Jew is one inwardly, and circumcision is a matter of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the letter. His praise is not from man but from God.

Which I think backs up the point being made.
Paul is talking to the Jews in Romans 2. Paul is not directly addressing the Gentiles.

Romans 2:17-18
But if you call yourself a Jew and rely upon the Law and boast in God, and know His will
and distinguish the things that matter, being instructed from the Law.

Do you call yourself a Jew?

Do you judge others based on the law?

The Gentiles did not know God, the law, the covenants, the temple, etc.

Romans 2:24
For “the name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles because of you,” just as it is written.

The personal pronoun, 'you', is directly addressing the Jews in Rome.

Romans 3:9
What then? Are we better than they? Not at all.

Please notice the personal pronoun, 'we'.

Are we, the Jews, superior to the Gentiles!

Romans 4:4
What then shall we say that Abraham, our forefather according to the flesh.

According to the flesh is your great forefather Abraham?

Paul is directly addressing the Jews.

Why can't Christians read and understand the text?

There is a very serious problem in Christianity.

Inquisitor

Mar 17, 2022
See how you totwlly ignored the plain scripture from Paul and began to explain things you think ?

this makes it impossible for me to discuss with you or those of the Joseph prince hypergrace crowd . You guys just ignore what the Bible is teaching and explain why it can’t be true .

I respect all your thinking but I’m only here to talk about what the Bible has to say about things like how we Christian’s are going to be judged and who’s going to judge us and by what means he will judge us

If I want to know about judgement I’ll read and learn what the New Testament says then I’ll know . Maybe that’s the wrong way to do it , that’s the way I’m glued to tho . It sort of ends the conversation about the bible when we won’t address things it says in the Bible that are clear and present all throughout

what your saying there could have some good merit , it doesn’t change what the Bible says about repentance and judgement according to our deeds good or bad that’s always how the Bible explains judgement the same way .

from here

“Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.”
‭‭Ecclesiastes‬ ‭12:13-14‬ ‭KJV‬‬

To here

“Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, and shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.”
‭‭John‬ ‭5:28-29‬ ‭

To here

“Who will render to every man according to his deeds: to them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life: but unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath, tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile; but glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭2:6-10‬ ‭KJV‬‬

to here

“And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭20:12-13‬ ‭

those who read Paul should read Paul and listen to what he’s saying

“For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences.”
‭‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭5:10-11‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Saying we’re all saved by grace and we have no role in it will never save anyone the truth in thier bibles Will though
You misunderstand the gospel.

Our salvation is a gift and we do not earn it.

Ephesians 2:8
For by grace you have been saved through faith; and this is not of yourselves, it is the gift of God.

Never contradict the apostle Paul.

Once you have been granted the Holy Spirit, you are saved at that moment (Romans 10:9).

The Holy Spirit then will transform you and generate the fruit, the works, the agape love.

We cannot produce the fruit of the Holy Spirit.

We argued with our creator, we beat and humiliated our creator, then we murdered our creator.

Do you believe that real Christian works result from God working in and through us?

Shilohsfoal

Dec 27, 2018
This concept has bothered me for quite some time. Does anyone have any ideas of how we justify the two below, and apparently opposing concepts?

Romans 9:27 NLT – “And concerning Israel, Isaiah the prophet cried out, "Though the people of Israel are as numerous as the sand of the seashore, only a remnant will be saved.”
Romans 11:25-26 NLT – “I want you to understand this mystery, dear brothers and sisters, so that you will not feel proud about yourselves. Some of the people of Israel have hard hearts, but this will last only until the full number of Gentiles comes to Christ. 26 And so all Israel will be saved. As the Scriptures say, "The one who rescues will come from Jerusalem, and he will turn Israel away from ungodliness.”

I'm studying this as I write, so any ideas would be helpful. Thanks!

And those of you who want to fight and nit-pick . . . please don't participate. You suck the joy right out of what we're trying to accomplish, here.
How's this?

Everyone in Israel who recieves the mark of God in their forehead will be saved.
Everyone else,not so much.

Ezekiel 9

9 He cried also in mine ears with a loud voice, saying, Cause them that have charge over the city to draw near, even every man with his destroying weapon in his hand.

2 And, behold, six men came from the way of the higher gate, which lieth toward the north, and every man a slaughter weapon in his hand; and one man among them was clothed with linen, with a writer's inkhorn by his side: and they went in, and stood beside the brasen altar.

3 And the glory of the God of Israel was gone up from the cherub, whereupon he was, to the threshold of the house. And he called to the man clothed with linen, which had the writer's inkhorn by his side;

4 And the Lord said unto him, Go through the midst of the city, through the midst of Jerusalem, and set a mark upon the foreheads of the men that sigh and that cry for all the abominations that be done in the midst thereof.

5 And to the others he said in mine hearing, Go ye after him through the city, and smite: let not your eye spare, neither have ye pity:

6 Slay utterly old and young, both maids, and little children, and women: but come not near any man upon whom is the mark; and begin at my sanctuary. Then they began at the ancient men which were before the house.

7 And he said unto them, Defile the house, and fill the courts with the slain: go ye forth. And they went forth, and slew in the city.

8 And it came to pass, while they were slaying them, and I was left, that I fell upon my face, and cried, and said, Ah Lord God! wilt thou destroy all the residue of Israel in thy pouring out of thy fury upon Jerusalem?

9 Then said he unto me, The iniquity of the house of Israel and Judah is exceeding great, and the land is full of blood, and the city full of perverseness: for they say, The Lord hath forsaken the earth, and the Lord seeth not.

10 And as for me also, mine eye shall not spare, neither will I have pity, but I will recompense their way upon their head.

11 And, behold, the man clothed with linen, which had the inkhorn by his side, reported the matter, saying, I have done as thou hast commanded me.

ewq1938

Oct 18, 2018
The Israel under consideration, in these scriptures, is not the nation of Israel, but is spiritual Israel which is Jacob surnamed Israel that includes people from every nation (Rev 5:9).

The 144k are believers in Jesus who also happen to be of the 12 tribes of Israel. That is not spiritual Israel/Gentiles.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
The 144k are believers in Jesus who also happen to be of the 12 tribes of Israel. That is not spiritual Israel/Gentiles.
Calling them "Gentiles" is as bizarre as calling them the Jehovah's Witnesses "elect".