all or nothing

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

Jullianna

What if a guy tells you it's all or nothing and while "all" is romantic, fun and adventurous, it's also..mercurial?

N

NukePooch

Not sure what he's referring to, but it sounds a bit ultimatum-ish to me. Maybe I'm missing something, but I am well aware that there are very few things in life that are all-or-nothing.

N

NodMyHeadLikeYeah

Im still trying to figure out what mercurial means and how to prounounce it.... I'll let you know when i start making some progress

A

allforfun

It depends if you are an all or nothing type person. I am. Some can see that as flaky or rambunctious, but I honestly don't know how to live any other way.

If you are a person who needs life to be not "in the fast lane" as it were, then it probably isn't for you.

P

princessbella

im all or nothing when it comes to relationships. i dont do half measures

E

erinnaner

Hmmm... I can't give my all (emotionally, relationally, not physically of course. After marriage!) to a person who I'm not sure about yet... so... I don't understand why it has to be all or nothing. That's just dangerous. In my opinion. ;)

J

Jullianna

Seemed ultimatum-ish to me too, Nuke. While I most certainly do believe in being "all in" in a relationship, I'm thinking it should take a little more time, patience, and consideration than buying a car... especially when one has reservations. Sometimes you just have to trust your gut I suppose.

P

princessbella

i agree, i meant to add if i dont have reservations , if i have my reservations i tend to trust my gut

Seemed ultimatum-ish to me too, Nuke. While I most certainly do believe in being "all in" in a relationship, I'm thinking it should take a little more time, patience, and consideration than buying a car... especially when one has reservations. Sometimes you just have to trust your gut I suppose.

D

djness

Im still trying to figure out what mercurial means and how to prounounce it.... I'll let you know when i start making some progress
Its a small moon orbiting mercury. What is has to do with relationships I dunno.
Other then mercury was the messanger god and maybe julianna is in need of some notepads?

Its pronounced me-rcu-rial.

Elizabeth619

Jul 19, 2011
All or nothing?

I'm sorry, but I take that as a control issue.

When it comes to a relationship a person should give their all, but if a man said that to me I would kiss him goodbye.

D

djness

All or nothing?

When it comes to a relationship a person should give their all, but if a man said that to me I would kiss him goodbye.
He gets a kiss goodbye?:)
Does this actually work if you want a kiss from any woman?

J

Jullianna

mer·cu·ri·al/mərˌkyo͝orēəl/
Adjective: (of a person) Subject to sudden or unpredictable changes.

J

Jullianna

All or nothing?

THANK YOU, Elizabeth. :) I took it as exactly that. There's a difference between being the head of a family and being overly controlling; it's like the difference between managing and MICRO-managing.

We should trust our God given instincts, huh? He gave them to us for a reason...

Elizabeth619

Jul 19, 2011
He gets a kiss goodbye?:)
Does this actually work if you want a kiss from any woman?

Hey man, this is a Christian forum. I couldn't exaclty say what I would really want to do to a guy that would say something like that to me. So we will go with "kiss" ;)

el

Dec 6, 2006
Lol...same for me Nod..

But yeah I agree with Nuke... :/

Aug 2, 2009
What if a guy tells you it's all or nothing and while "all" is romantic, fun and adventurous, it's also..mercurial?
If he's sitting next to you at the craps table, then its means he may be a compulsive gambler ;)

G

GreenNnice

All or nothing?

-- I can only assume, lizzy, that it's a very short kiss :D (is your favorite color 'gray,' cuz then I can call you 'tinlizzy')

And since mercurial via definition means 'subject to sudden or unpredictable change.'... Def if a guy tells you that it's 'all or nothing,' or, vice versa, then, it def changes things if YOUR belief system thinks 'all in' and 'all or nothing' should apply to only things like poker and true love ( and you're not in love with this person, yet).

Last edited by a moderator:

Elizabeth619

Jul 19, 2011
Lizzy??? Ummmmm call me BETH!!!!

Favorite color is aqua.

Nd the last guy that wanted me to "change" for him wasn't kissed. More like arrested. I have huge issue with control freaks man

G

GreenNnice

Lizzy??? Ummmmm call me BETH!!!!

Favorite color is aqua.

Nd the last guy that wanted me to "change" for him wasn't kissed. More like arrested. I have huge issue with control freaks man
~~~~~

--Arrested? Wow, BETH!!!!, that is well tough, man. I do hope you know that man cards are just around the corner :D Seriously, ONLY change for God. The Lord....

-- I like your verse, Psalms 23. It is EXACTLY based on what are my favorite three words to say all the time in my lifeare: The Lord leads :)
~~~~~~~

---my favorite color is aqua.

We guys call that 'blue' ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Elizabeth619

Jul 19, 2011
THIS IS BLUE

THIS IS AQUA

There is a difference. ;)