Allegedly True Things

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

Miri

Yeah, and one of these. Yikes

ROU65624.JPG

W

wwjd_kilden

speaking of spiders

XKCD
There's a well-known factoid that claims you're always within a few feet of a spider. Is this true? Arachnologist[3]​[4] Chris Buddle wrote a good article on this question; as you might expect, it's not literally true. Spiders don't live in the water,[5] so you can get away from them by swimming, and there aren't as many spiders in buildings as in fields and forests. But if you're anywhere near the outdoors, even in the Arctic tundra, there are probably spiders within a few feet of you.

Apr 1, 2016
The closest taxonomic relative to a Lobster is a Cockroach.

Crabs are in the same taxonomic class as spiders - Arachnida.

Good seafood = bugs. Yum, yum!

M

Miri

This seems to have become a spider thread lol.
So might as well tell ya another true yarn.

Some time ago I was getting ready for work one morning and getting dressed.
I pulls on a pair of trousers and felt something sharp dig into the top of my leg.
So I stuck my hand into the trouser leg and felt something resembling crinkled
up stiff selaphane.

Mystified I pulled out my hand (those of faint heart might want to look away now) and...
there....right in the middle of my hand....was the biggest crumpled up spider imaginable
and I was holding it.....aaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh.

Yuk, yuk, yuk, aaaaaarrrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhjj, scream.........

I just throw it on the floor and dived on the bed dropping trousers down in the process.

Aaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrgggggggggghhhhhhhhh, I actually touched it.......

I proceeded to examine my leg and found a red raised spot like a midge bite, it had bitten me:(
I was always led to believe that the jaws of a UK house spider were too small to bite through
human skin, but this is a BIG LIE just to lull you into a false sense of security, if the spider
is big enough then the jaws are big enough to bite you.

Aaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhh have I explained adequately how much this grossed
me out yet?

Anyway, having never heard of anyone bitten by a house spider before, I gazed intently
at my leg for a while wondering if it would drop off. At the time I had a doctor friend who
worked in communicable diseases and it did actually cross my mind to ring him to ask.

But then I remembered two things, 1) I was suppose to be getting ready for work and
2) I had no idea where the spider had got to after dropping it.

So I carefully peered over the side of the bed looking for its whereabouts, it was
nowhere to be seen.

Following multiple deep breaths I found the courage to carefully get off the bed and
very very carefully finish getting dressed, but not without stopping every few seconds
to peer around the room.

Eventually I made a dash for the door and did eventually get to work.

I never found out where that spider went. But I held it in my hand
aaaaaarrrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh.

And I've never been quite the same since. :(

W

wwjd_kilden

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwww-----

tanakh

Dec 1, 2015
A Google is a mathematical term for one followed by twenty zero's

T

Tinuviel

A Google is a mathematical term for one followed by twenty zero's
Well, I've always hated math, so I don't know this for sure, but is this what you're talking about?

A googol is 10 to the 100th power (which is 1 followed by 100 zeros).