Almond Flour........

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

Godsgirl83

Does anyone use this for baking?
Tips.......
suggestions.......
HELP!
I tried it in a recipe recently in place of all purpose flour and the results were disapointingly a big flop :( it was in the oven at 350 F for over an hour (recipe using reg all purpose flour said to cook for 30 minutes) and all that happened was the edges overcooked, almost burned but the rest NEVER set.
The bag said to use in place of all purpose flour in a 1:1 ratio which I did.

I would love to learn better how to use almond flour.

E

EleventhHour

Does anyone use this for baking?
Tips.......
suggestions.......
HELP!
I tried it in a recipe recently in place of all purpose flour and the results were disapointingly a big flop :( it was in the oven at 350 F for over an hour (recipe using reg all purpose flour said to cook for 30 minutes) and all that happened was the edges overcooked, almost burned but the rest NEVER set.
The bag said to use in place of all purpose flour in a 1:1 ratio which I did.

I would love to learn better how to use almond flour.

I bake with it all the time,
Best to use a combination of almond and coconut flour I find.
There are many recipes on the internet that are specifically created to work with these different flours.

https://againstallgrain.com/

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Hello GG :) I have never used almond flour, but I did some research for you :D

You may find
this page helpful, especially tip number 8 :)

G

Godsgirl83

I bake with it all the time,
Best to use a combination of almond and coconut flour I find.
There are many recipes on the internet that are specifically created to work with these different flours.

https://againstallgrain.com/
Hello GG :) I have never used almond flour, but I did some research for you :D

You may find this page helpful, especially tip number 8 :)
Thanks ladies! I look forward to browsing through both those sites more. Already found a couple of recipes I'm looking forward to trying :)

E

EleventhHour

Just an FYI @Godsgirl83.... almond flour is heavy, a lot of almonds are in a single cup.

I have found the best recipes tend to be banana loaf and muffins.

Tararose

Sep 30, 2020
Uk
www.101christiansocialnetwork.com
Almond flour is great but it’s such a different consistency to flour, you usually need to alter the moisture content a little... no point me going into detail as you have already been given some great links. It’s a good substitute but it’s very calorific and also can go rancid if not used or kept right. Best in the fridge or Just grind almonds for it when you need it:)

Mak33

Nov 12, 2019
I think almond flour is the one to use when making a french macaron.

davg

Mar 15, 2021
I often use this flour, as well as coconut flour and rice flour. They're great for any baking. it depends on what you're making. Some need more water and some need less. It's usually written in the recipes.