Alyssa Milano Calls For A "Sex-Strike" Due To Additional States' New "Heartbeat" Bills

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 21, 2019
Probably wise to agree to disagree on this one. It seems to me you're simply resorting to ad hominem and a good number of other logical fallacies to defend your position.

K

kaylagrl

Probably wise to agree to disagree on this one. It seems to me you're simply resorting to ad hominem and a good number of other logical fallacies to defend your position.

Well its seems to me you have no problem denying facts of history because of your own personal bias and racism. Every history books in school tell the facts of the Holocaust, even Germans agree. The thing that makes me upset and angry is that we have very few Holocaust survivors alive today, people who went through it, and deniers like you won't believe. How will we tell the next generations when people who survived it are gone? Right now you can walk through the camps, and see where the Jews were murdered, and still people like you deny. Don't talk to me about being logical when the facts are there in your face and you still refuse to accept them. I don't know any logical person who denies the Holocaust. If you believe the Jews were treated "pretty good" in concentration camps, you are a Holocaust denier. No ad hominem, fact. You're right,we're done.

Mar 21, 2019
Well its seems to me you have no problem denying facts of history because of your own personal bias and racism. Every history books in school tell the facts of the Holocaust, even Germans agree. The thing that makes me upset and angry is that we have very few Holocaust survivors alive today, people who went through it, and deniers like you won't believe. How will we tell the next generations when people who survived it are gone? Right now you can walk through the camps, and see where the Jews were murdered, and still people like you deny. Don't talk to me about being logical when the facts are there in your face and you still refuse to accept them. I don't know any logical person who denies the Holocaust. If you believe the Jews were treated "pretty good" in concentration camps, you are a Holocaust denier. No ad hominem, fact. You're right,we're done.
The thing that makes me sad with many emotional types is that they go around cherry-picking which holocausts to deny, but then accuse others (who have denied no holocausts) of being holocaust deniers, simply because others might state an undesired truth about their favourite holocaust. Very sad. :-(

K

kaylagrl

The thing that makes me sad with many emotional types is that they go around cherry-picking which holocausts to deny, but then accuse others (who have denied no holocausts) of being holocaust deniers, simply because others might state an undesired truth about their favourite holocaust. Very sad. :-(

Lets skip the tit for tat and quit blowing at the fur. How many people do YOU believe died in the Jewish Holocaust? Not how many were gassed, which they were. What is the number,according to you, of Jews that were killed in concentration camps. How were they killed? What, according to your belief, happened in the concentration camps. What do YOU personally believe. We know Jews were shipped there in trains, or do you believe that? So no words are being put in your mouth, tell us what you believe are the facts of the Jewish Holocaust, none other.

While you think on that question, perhaps you'd dare to take a look at the "pretty good treatment" these two Holocaust survivors tell about in their personal stories. A short clip...perhaps you can give me your opinion on it. On their stories, their words, not a flip "it can't be proven". Listen to their accounts and give me your thoughts.

https://twistedsifter.com/2019/05/h...lKLurSJKfi8cH2scJlPPBtu0KGq3ZO4XRHqEEb9D6Cs9Q

JosephsDreams

Dec 31, 2015
How anyone can say they deny the holocaust happened, fully or partly, is beyond me.
And the earth is not round, men did not land on the moon, the plaque never occurred, and by far., worst miscalculation of all, those that testified to Jesus the Christ were deluded and/or liars.
The others can make for conversation, and reveals personality characteristics.
That last one breaks my heart

JosephsDreams

Dec 31, 2015
Just another spiritual blinding and overestimation of ones intelligence when an individual claims Jews were not slaughtered to the extent they were.
Satan has a field twice with the same tragic circumstances. And Jews all over the world are saddened and angered.

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
I didn't read the whole thread, so if this has already been posted, I apologize.

This whole scenerio was a Greek comedy, written in 411 BC. Here is what Wikipedia has to say about this.

"Lysistrata (Attic Greek: Λυσιστράτη, Lysistrátē, "Army Disbander") is an ancient Greek comedyby Aristophanes, originally performed in classical Athens in 411 BC. It is a comic account of a woman's extraordinary mission to end the Peloponnesian War between Greek city states by denying all the men of the land any sex, which was the only thing they truly and deeply desired. Lysistrata persuades the women of the warring cities to withhold sexual privileges from their husbands and lovers as a means of forcing the men to negotiate peace—a strategy, however, that inflames the battle between the sexes.

Lysistrata

Illustration by Aubrey Beardsley, 1896.

Dramatis Personae in ancient comedy depend on scholars' interpretation of textual evidence. This list is based on Alan Sommerstein's 1973 translation.[1]
Written by AristophanesChorus
  • Old men
  • Old women
Characters
  • Lysistrata
  • Calonice
  • Myrrhine
  • Lampito
  • Magistrate
  • Cinesias
  • Baby
  • Spartan Herald
  • Spartan Ambassador
  • Athenian Negotiator
  • Two Layabouts
  • Doorkeeper
  • Two Diners
  • Stratyllis
  • Five Young Women
Mute
  • Ismenia
  • Corinthian Woman
  • Reconciliation
  • Four Scythian Policemen
  • Scythian Policewoman
  • Athenian citizens, Spartan envoys, slaves et al.
Setting Before the Propylaea, or gateway to the Acropolis of Athens, 411 BC

The play is notable for being an early exposé of sexual relations in a male-dominated society. Additionally, its dramatic structure represents a shift from the conventions of Old Comedy, a trend typical of the author's career.[2] It was produced in the same year as the Thesmophoriazusae, another play with a focus on gender-based issues, just two years after Athens' catastrophic defeat in the Sicilian Expedition. At this time, Greek theatre was a profound form of entertainment, which was extremely popular for all audiences as it addressed political issues relevant to that time."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lysistrata

I would love to say there is really nothing new under the sun, except this was a play, and a comedy. A joke! I am quite certain this nut case heard this story somewhere, and forgot it was not an original idea, and that it was fiction.

Plus, the person gives a LOT of power to men! Surely women can get this figured out on their own? Meaning: Pro-life women will finally make these horrible baby killers realize what they are doing. Why do we need men to change things? LOL In fact, many abortions are coerced by men, boyfriends, husbands, fathers, etc. Women need to understand how evil abortion is, and then it will stop forever.

JosephsDreams

Dec 31, 2015
This is a major component of (probably) most atheists; they become wise and proud in their own eyes, not seeing that their intellect is much much closer to an answer then to that of the One True God.
Our brains are but peanuts compared to Gids being the size of the sun.
More atheists need to read the last chapters of Job. Who determined the earths measurements? Who laid the foundation if the stars?
We dont even know why our cells shut off when we die. We dont know exactly how soil grows seeds.
Puffed up with (infinitesimal) knowledge indeed.

JosephsDreams

Dec 31, 2015
Well there you go. Woman are just as prone to wickedness and evil as men, and just as gullible to satan's lies. So therein lies the true issue.
Abortion is a blood sacrifice to satan. Unholy satan tries to duplicate every aspect of Gods holy kingdom.

JosephsDreams

Dec 31, 2015
Meant to say in post 108 the intellect is much closer to an ant then to God, not "an answer".

Mar 21, 2019
Lets skip the tit for tat and quit blowing at the fur. How many people do YOU believe died in the Jewish Holocaust? Not how many were gassed, which they were. What is the number,according to you, of Jews that were killed in concentration camps.
How would I know? And why does it matter whether or not they were Jews? I simply rely on the evidence I have, and I think some of the claims you make lack proof.

I believe the Red Cross had records of several hundred thousand people dying in a good number of German concentration camps during World War II. That's not to say there weren't more deaths, but it is to say there is evidence for several hundred thousand deaths.

How were they killed?
I believe that there is good, reliable evidence that many people in the concentration camps died from starvation and disease. What fraction of these were Jews, I do not know, and I do not believe it makes the situation any more, or any less, tragic. I believe there is also some reasonable evidence that executions did take place, but again, hard to prove (e.g. if someone wrote an execution or a murder off as a natural cause, to avoid prosecution).

What, according to your belief, happened in the concentration camps. What do YOU personally believe. We know Jews were shipped there in trains, or do you believe that? So no words are being put in your mouth, tell us what you believe are the facts of the Jewish Holocaust, none other.
I believe that trains were a method of shipping detainees to concentration camps.

While you think on that question, perhaps you'd dare to take a look at the "pretty good treatment" these two Holocaust survivors tell about in their personal stories. A short clip...perhaps you can give me your opinion on it. On their stories, their words, not a flip "it can't be proven". Listen to their accounts and give me your thoughts.
You are repeatedly misrepresenting me, which makes me suspicious of your motives. I did not say that Jewish Holocaust survivors had "pretty good treatment". I said that I believed the Jews under Hitler were treated better than the Christians under Stalin, and Christians under Communism in general. I stand by this statement. By most accounts I'm aware of, Jews were not tortured to death, which is often not the case for Christians under Communism.

Mar 21, 2019
I didn't read the whole thread, so if this has already been posted, I apologize.

This whole scenerio was a Greek comedy, written in 411 BC. Here is what Wikipedia has to say about this.

"Lysistrata (Attic Greek: Λυσιστράτη, Lysistrátē, "Army Disbander") is an ancient Greek comedyby Aristophanes, originally performed in classical Athens in 411 BC. It is a comic account of a woman's extraordinary mission to end the Peloponnesian War between Greek city states by denying all the men of the land any sex, which was the only thing they truly and deeply desired. Lysistrata persuades the women of the warring cities to withhold sexual privileges from their husbands and lovers as a means of forcing the men to negotiate peace—a strategy, however, that inflames the battle between the sexes.

If the invading armies won, wouldn't the invaders simply rape the women? Or was this not considered by Lysistrata? Or did she have a plan B?

Mar 21, 2019
How anyone can say they deny the holocaust happened, fully or partly, is beyond me.
And the earth is not round, men did not land on the moon, the plaque never occurred, and by far., worst miscalculation of all, those that testified to Jesus the Christ were deluded and/or liars.
The others can make for conversation, and reveals personality characteristics.
That last one breaks my heart
Did you notice that of the above: the (World War 2 Jewish) holocaust, the (ball) shape of the Earth, and the moon landings; all beliefs were and are supported by the governments of the world? The death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, for the forgiveness of sinners, is not.

So while one may argue that with enough money, a lie can be popularised until many believe it, such an argument does not hold for Jesus Christ, because belief in His resurrection thrived despite fierce government opposition, and continues to thrive today without any support.

K

kaylagrl

How would I know?

How do you know anything happened in history? You must have some idea,some belief as to how many died? 3,3000,300,000 or none at all. Don't be shy now, speak up and tell us how many YOU personally believe died so no one will put words in your mouth, we'll go from there.

And why does it matter whether or not they were Jews?

Because we're talking about the Jewish Holocaust. Why does it matter to you, that's the better question.

I simply rely on the evidence I have, and I think some of the claims you make lack proof.

We're not talking about what I believe. You have evidence, then share it with us. Don't say you don't know how many died. You say you rely on "evidence" sooo, what is it? How many Jews died according to you evidence? Should be an easy answer for you.

I believe the Red Cross had records of several hundred thousand people dying in a good number of German concentration camps during World War II. That's not to say there weren't more deaths, but it is to say there is evidence for several hundred thousand deaths.

Alright, now we have a number according to your evidence.

I believe that there is good, reliable evidence that many people in the concentration camps died from starvation and disease.

Ok,so the starvation you blame on the Allies. And the disease?

What fraction of these were Jews, I do not know, and I do not believe it makes the situation any more, or any less, tragic.

But if the intent was to exterminate Jews as a race, do you not think that makes it more tragic?

I believe there is also some reasonable evidence that executions did take place, but again, hard to prove (e.g. if someone wrote an execution or a murder off as a natural cause, to avoid prosecution).
I believe that trains were a method of shipping detainees to concentration camps.

Ok, we agree on trains.Do we agree they went against their will? That their belongings were taken and that many died of thirst before they ever got to the camps?

You are repeatedly misrepresenting me, which makes me suspicious of your motives.

That is why I stopped answering back and am asking you what you personally believe happened. Then other posters can either agree or disagree with you ideology.

I did not say that Jewish Holocaust survivors had "pretty good treatment". I said that I believed the Jews under Hitler were treated better than the Christians under Stalin, and Christians under Communism in general. I stand by this statement. By most accounts I'm aware of....

And these accounts are from whom? I'd appreciate if you'd share them. Are they eyewitnesses? Do they have proof others don't have? What makes them reliable accounts? Their being Christian doesn't matter,murder is murder, right?

Jews were not tortured to death, which is often not the case for Christians under Communism.

So when the Allies marched in and saw bodies stacked up like wood, what happened to those people? There is photographic evidence of mass graves, did they all starve? Nazis had no hand in these massive numbers of dead bodies found?

Did you watch the video of the men that survived that I posted? If so what are your thoughts? To believe what you believe you would have to believe both the Jews and the Allies flat out lied. What proof, that is not propaganda, do you have of this? And why were the Jews given tattoos?

JosephsDreams

Dec 31, 2015
Did you notice that of the above: the (World War 2 Jewish) holocaust, the (ball) shape of the Earth, and the moon landings; all beliefs were and are supported by the governments of the world? The death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, for the forgiveness of sinners, is not.

So while one may argue that with enough money, a lie can be popularised until many believe it, such an argument does not hold for Jesus Christ, because belief in His resurrection thrived despite fierce government opposition, and continues to thrive today without any support.
Well, yeah, I can't disagree with you regarding lies being perpetuated by people and/or governments and money being a device to do this. So on the fundamental principle we agree. Yet I do believe that all the examples I mentioned are truisms.

Beyond that. I guess let's leave it that. I am fairly certain going any further is not going to change your mind or mine about our beliefs regarding these subjects, so why use time and energy doing so? I surely respect your right to your thoughts and conclusions, but I respectfully strenuously disagree.

One other thing. If I told you that God Himself revealed go me that the Jews were killed and treated horribly during WW ii by Nazi Germany, would you tell me I heard incorrectly from God?

JosephsDreams

Dec 31, 2015
BTW, how do we know anything except by testimony and eyewitness accounts and revelation from God? Even Jesus speaks about what is legal and reliable testimony. So does He in the OT. Saying how do we know anything is a repudiation of fundamental biblical principles and rather insidious and cynical. Is the goal to make people become so cynical that they question even foundational truths?

We can't get so smart questioning everything the we get lost in a rabbit hole never to climb out.
How do we know are alive?
How do we know what we touch is real?
How do we know anything?
This can get so abstract that we can lose sight of the one everlasting truth and light.

17Bees

Oct 14, 2016
I think what's been "argued" by heratofthecircusmice is a kind of morbid pedantry. And if one was wondering who was the worst during that period it's probably Chairman Mao. But - arguing that one dictator was worse by diminishing the atrocities of another is not recognizing the monstrosity of the whole. And bringing this back around around to the original OP - ALL these monsters pale in comparison to what's going on NOW. Since 1973 a very accurate and provable number of more than 50 million U.S. children have been killed by violence masquerading as a right of abortion. So, we can condemn Hitler or Stalin or Mao or Pol Pot or German citizens or whoever but they're all dead and we're the ones allowing this horror.

K

kaylagrl

I think what's been "argued" by heratofthecircusmice is a kind of morbid pedantry. And if one was wondering who was the worst during that period it's probably Chairman Mao. But - arguing that one dictator was worse by diminishing the atrocities of another is not recognizing the monstrosity of the whole. And bringing this back around around to the original OP - ALL these monsters pale in comparison to what's going on NOW. Since 1973 a very accurate and provable number of more than 50 million U.S. children have been killed by violence masquerading as a right of abortion. So, we can condemn Hitler or Stalin or Mao or Pol Pot or German citizens or whoever but they're all dead and we're the ones allowing this horror.

Part of the issue is when only certain lives are valued. As in slavery, the Jews, the unborn. When every life doesn't have the same value,this is what happens. Each life intrinsically has value.