Am I Christian

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
One day I read an article, that article is about a sermon, that basically ask yourself am I a Christian.

The preacher give an analogy, if you squint an orange, if it is original goof orange, than out of that will be orange juice, fake orange from plastic not going produce orange juice when you sluiced it

When people squish Jesus and put it in the cross, what will be the juice look like?

It produce a prayer, forgive them all they font know what they did.

What happen if people squished us, tell bad thing about us, ridiculous you what come out?

What ever come tell if you Christian are not

Jan 14, 2021
When people squish Jesus and put it in the cross, what will be the juice look like?
"And the superscription of his accusation was written over, The King Of The Juice"

Jun 30, 2021
Using 1 Corinthians 12:27 as the definition

Yes

Jan 14, 2021
Stress-testing an individual to see the true content of their character also happens to be the premise of Job.

Webers.Home

May 28, 2018
Oregon
cfbac.org
Webster's defines a Christian as somebody who professes belief in the
teachings of Jesus Christ.

According to that definition; it isn't necessary for someone to actually
believe in Christ's teachings in order to qualify as a Christian; it's only
necessary for them to say they do.

People don't even have to know what Christ's teachings are; they only have
to say they believe in them.

Nor is it necessary for people to put Christ's teachings into practice in order
to qualify as a Christian; it's only necessary to say they believe in them.

I was on a forum some years ago that required participants to merely
believe themselves to be a Christian in order to qualify as one.
_

Webers.Home

May 28, 2018
Oregon
cfbac.org

Christianity has a lot to do with timing; for example:

FAQ: Was John the Baptist a Christian?

A: No.

FAQ: Why not? He believed in Jesus; what more could you want?

A: Jesus spoke of his church as yet future in Matt 16:18. Well; John was
already dead and gone when Jesus made that prediction.

The thing is: Christianity didn't exist prior to Jesus' resurrection-- specifically
before the day of Pentecost following his recovery.

That particular Pentecost kicked of an era characterized by the baptism of
the Holy Spirit (Acts 1:5, 1Cor 12:12-13) a procedure which John predicted
in sermons before his death. (Matt 3:11)

John was filled with the Spirit all his life, even prior to his birth (Luke 1:15).
But he wasn't baptized by the Spirit. This is a very, very important
distinction because many of the Old Testament luminaries were filled with
the Spirit, and inspired by the Spirit, but they weren't baptized by the Spirit;
not even the patriarchs.

So, that being the situation, then we should ask: How do people know they've
been baptized by the Spirit?
_

Mak33

Nov 12, 2019
I think being a "christian" is accepting Christ as your Lord and savior, acknowledging that he is the Son of God who came down here on earth to pay for all out sins, to bridge us to God because we are all sinners and we are doomed bec of Adams sin, if we believe that and ask for forgiveness, turn our wicked ways to righteousness then we became a child of God, we call ourselves christians. When christians behaved badly because of circumstances around is bec we are still "human" living in this "fallen world", we need Gods grace and guidance of the holy spirit to live a christ-like attitude, but if we behave badly (at some point we all do) we are still christians just not very christ like.
Imho.

oyster67

May 24, 2014
What happen if people squished us, tell bad thing about us, ridiculous you what come out?
:poop:.

Perhaps this is why God made us thus. This is how He shows us what we are capable of without Him, :poop: is all we are capable of producing. :confused:

Without Him, we ain't much.:unsure:

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
Stress-testing an individual to see the true content of their character also happens to be the premise of Job.
Yep, how you respon to persecution tell who you are. If you keep love the persecutor than you know Jesus in you.

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014

Christianity has a lot to do with timing; for example:

FAQ: Was John the Baptist a Christian?

A: No.

FAQ: Why not? He believed in Jesus; what more could you want?

A: Jesus spoke of his church as yet future in Matt 16:18. Well; John was
already dead and gone when Jesus made that prediction.

The thing is: Christianity didn't exist prior to Jesus' resurrection-- specifically
before the day of Pentecost following his recovery.

That particular Pentecost kicked of an era characterized by the baptism of
the Holy Spirit (Acts 1:5, 1Cor 12:12-13) a procedure which John predicted
in sermons before his death. (Matt 3:11)

John was filled with the Spirit all his life, even prior to his birth (Luke 1:15).
But he wasn't baptized by the Spirit. This is a very, very important
distinction because many of the Old Testament luminaries were filled with
the Spirit, and inspired by the Spirit, but they weren't baptized by the Spirit;
not even the patriarchs.

So, that being the situation, then we should ask: How do people know they've
been baptized by the Spirit?
_
Is Christianity only after Pentecost? Yes and no

Yes people call Jesus follower Christian after resurrection.
But if we look from other angle, Jesus is aphasia and omega the beginning and the end, Jesus is God, worship god mean worship Jesus, he may not aware that he follow Jesus.

Another part that I don't quite understand is what is the different between fill with the spirit and baptized with Spirit?

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
I think being a "christian" is accepting Christ as your Lord and savior, acknowledging that he is the Son of God who came down here on earth to pay for all out sins, to bridge us to God because we are all sinners and we are doomed bec of Adams sin, if we believe that and ask for forgiveness, turn our wicked ways to righteousness then we became a child of God, we call ourselves christians. When christians behaved badly because of circumstances around is bec we are still "human" living in this "fallen world", we need Gods grace and guidance of the holy spirit to live a christ-like attitude, but if we behave badly (at some point we all do) we are still christians just not very christ like.
Imho.
Yes, being Christian is accepting Jesus as our Lord, mean accepting His teaching and surender our will to His will, do His will. It will produce a person that act like Him on love to the point willing to die on the cross for other, like what He did for us.
If we don't do that, it may because we not fully let Him in us.

If we abide in Him to the point we in Him and He in us, we will bear fruit, and the fruit of the Holy Spirit is love

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
:poop:.

Perhaps this is why God made us thus. This is how He shows us what we are capable of without Him, :poop: is all we are capable of producing. :confused:

Without Him, we ain't much.:unsure:
Pure love only possible by Him, and by abide in Him.
Love to the point to die on the cross for His enemy, only by Jesus and people that abide on Him

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
One day I read an article, that article is about a sermon, that basically ask yourself am I a Christian.

The preacher give an analogy, if you squint an orange, if it is original goof orange, than out of that will be orange juice, fake orange from plastic not going produce orange juice when you sluiced it

It produce a prayer, forgive them all they font know what they did.

It's one way of looking at it. Lord Jesus said that we would be known by our fruit. The problem is that every Christian is at a different level of maturity. Sometimes Christians do fail under pressure and what comes out is not Christ.
James 3:9-12
"With the tongue we bless our Lord and Father, and with it we curse men, who have been made in God’s likeness. Out of the same mouth come blessing and cursing. My brothers, this should not be! Can both fresh water and salt water flow from the same spring? My brothers, can a fig tree grow olives, or a grapevine bear figs? Neither can a salt spring produce fresh water.

"My brothers, this should not be! " but not so many have arrived at the place where they never lose control or sin. I'd go further and that no one is that good.

Recently, I was threatened with assault by a dear Christian friend. It was out of character. Without thinking, I cast out a demon of malice and hatred. My friend has been different ever since.

What I am trying to say is that discernment is not as simple as it may seem. Christians are a mixture. We have Jesus but we also have the habits and memories of out lives prior to being saved. Some of those habits drop off immediately. Others take many years to turn around. We need the renewing of the mind that will transform us. That takes time.

Christians are perfect and complete spiritually. All our problems are in the realm of the soul. That is where God is doing His transforming work.

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
It's one way of looking at it. Lord Jesus said that we would be known by our fruit. The problem is that every Christian is at a different level of maturity. Sometimes Christians do fail under pressure and what comes out is not Christ.
James 3:9-12
"With the tongue we bless our Lord and Father, and with it we curse men, who have been made in God’s likeness. Out of the same mouth come blessing and cursing. My brothers, this should not be! Can both fresh water and salt water flow from the same spring? My brothers, can a fig tree grow olives, or a grapevine bear figs? Neither can a salt spring produce fresh water.

"My brothers, this should not be! " but not so many have arrived at the place where they never lose control or sin. I'd go further and that no one is that good.

Recently, I was threatened with assault by a dear Christian friend. It was out of character. Without thinking, I cast out a demon of malice and hatred. My friend has been different ever since.

What I am trying to say is that discernment is not as simple as it may seem. Christians are a mixture. We have Jesus but we also have the habits and memories of out lives prior to being saved. Some of those habits drop off immediately. Others take many years to turn around. We need the renewing of the mind that will transform us. That takes time.

Christians are perfect and complete spiritually. All our problems are in the realm of the soul. That is where God is doing His transforming work.
I agree, the more we let Jesus in the more we act like Him. But yes there are different level or we can say procented. How much room we give Jesus in our heart tell by the fruits we bear.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Theres a blood test you can take to figure out if you are a Christian or not..surely.

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
Theres a blood test you can take to figure out if you are a Christian or not..surely.
I don't understand what do you mean blood test to know if we are Christian?

Webers.Home

May 28, 2018
Oregon
cfbac.org
I don't quite understand is what is the different between fill with the spirit
and baptized with Spirit?

When I was younger, I sang bass in the choir of a big mega church in San
Diego back in the decade of the 1970s. The director was a demanding sort of
guy but he had as sense of humor too.

One evening, during rehearsal, the choir missed its cue to begin. The
poor director slumped his shoulders and complained: "My arms really hurt
when I give directions and nobody pays attention"

Well; I kind of feel the same way whenever I post a scripture reference and
people brush it off.
_

oyster67

May 24, 2014
Another part that I don't quite understand is what is the different between fill with the spirit and baptized with Spirit?
When we are born again, we receive the Holy Spirit. Jesus calls it the Comforter. Every denomination seems to have a different name for it. It doesn't matter what they call it, as long as they seek to be led by it every day.