Am I deleted

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

Stewart

Hi I recently became friends with someone and now when I check there friends list there seems to be an X by my name.Does this mean they have cancelled me as a friend from their friends list?

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
If the check box by your name is unchecked, it means either they have taken you off their friends list, or somehow your name slipped off...

Hi I recently became friends with someone and now when I check there friends list there seems to be an X by my name.Does this mean they have cancelled me as a friend from their friends list?

S

Stewart

Hi thanks for replying.I checked their friends list and in the right Han corner there is a small x..so I can't really tell if that is is a check box of not.All their other friend don't seem to have this X...

W

wwjd_kilden

Uh, why are you checking their friends list to see whether or not they have you there?

If you weren't on their friends list, how could you be there?
The check boxes are used for selecting, i.e. to delete them, but if you had been deleted, you would not have appeared there

S

SweetmorningDew78

Hey Stewart I guess the x you are seeing next to your name is if you want to decide to remove yourself from that person's friend list you just click that x :) you try it with me... go to my friends list and click that x next to your name and let's see what will going to happen :)

S

Stewart

They sent me a friends request which I accepted and things seemed ok..but I haven't heard from them as such for a while and as I am always on c.c browsing ect I happened to notice the X and as I only joined c c recently I wasn't sure what it ment..hence me asking my original question.

S

Stewart

Hey Stewart I guess the x you are seeing next to your name is if you want to decide to remove yourself from that person's friend list you just click that x :) you try it with me... go to my friends list and click that x next to your name and let's see what will going to happen :)

ok I see.hold on I will try it on your list

S

SweetmorningDew78

Maybe they are busy :) if you can still see your name on their friend's list you are still their friends... :) So that x means if you wanted to remove your name on their list you just click that x opposite to your name... :)

S

Stewart

Maybe they are busy :) if you can still see your name on their friend's list you are still their friends... :) So that x means if you wanted to remove your name on their list you just click that x opposite to your name... :)

Hi I just clicked on that x and yes your're right it is just an option for me to use if I wanted to remove myself as your friend.
Thank so much for clarifying this fir me as this person is a friend I care for dearly and wasn't sure what to think..lol??????????????????....Panic all over now,,,(phew)

G

GaryA

What Sweet said is correct. The 'X' in their list is there to allow you to remove yourself as a 'friend' -- the same thing as if you clicked on the 'X' on their name in your friends list.

G

GaryA

Hi I just clicked on that x and yes your're right it is just an option for me to use if I wanted to remove myself as your friend.
Thank so much for clarifying this fir me as this person is a friend I care for dearly and wasn't sure what to think..lol������������������....Panic all over now,,,(phew)
Then, they should certainly be in your contact list -- listed as a 'friend'.

G

GaryA

Hi Sweet! :D

I hope everything is wonderfully well with you today! :)

S

Stewart

Yes that's right.I am truly blessed by all you wonderful people.May god richly bless you all in all that you do and may he bless this wonderful forum where the body of Christ can be there for one another in times of ned BIG or small!

S

SweetmorningDew78

What Sweet said is correct. The 'X' in their list is there to allow you to remove yourself as a 'friend' -- the same thing as if you clicked on the 'X' on their name in your friends list.
Oh!!! I feel smart today :D :D :D didn't expect it jajjaja I wasn't sure if I was right actually jajajjaja

S

Stewart

Ha ha ha...yep u save the day...!!you should now go and treat yourself

G

GaryA

Well, this is very interesting...

I wonder why this doesn't show up in the actual post that I posted it in... :confused:

S

SweetmorningDew78

Hi Sweet! :D

I hope everything is wonderfully well with you today! :)

Hey Gary :) thank you :) I am doing great :) Praise God :) thanks for asking :) I hope you and your family are doing well :)

God bless you big time!

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
You do not need to look at other people's friends' list. Just check your own :)

S

Stewart

Hi Magenta this is a forum where I am allowed to look where ever I please...and the confusion has already been cleared up as you can see...so there is no harm done!!