Am I going to Hell?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

SpoonJuly

Should I be concerned about going to Hell?
There are those on this forum who say I am going to Hell because I do not keep the Sabbath.
There are others who say I am going to hell because I do not speak in tongues.
There are others that say I am going to hell because I believe in eternal security.
The reasons are as many as posters on this forum.

Well folks, I ain't worried.
I am saved by the grace of God.
The Holy Spirit has dweld in me since the day I was saved.
And my eternal security is in the hand of Jesus, not based on me doing or not doing works.

Believe you foolishness if you must, I will believe the Scripture.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Thats weird Ive never read any of the posters here say those things, to you, me or anyone else. Unless they PMed you, but, I had never read anyone saying that. Its not your imagination is it?

I know some people talk about such things and theres debates over such things whether they are part of what we do or signs or part of christian living but I have never read anyone specifically say you are going to hell because of x. Maybe you just take their posts the wrong way.

Just want to reassure you because it would be reported if anyone was condemning anyone here, there is now no condemnation in Christ Jesus for those who walk after the spirit and not the flesh.

If you are walking in spirit then declare it. Nobody can falsely accuse you. I dont know if you want to make a post all about yourself and whether YOU are going to hell because I dont really know you personally but if you confess with your mouth and believe in your heart the Lord Jesus then you will be saved. If Jesus Christ is your Lord and saviour then why would you be even posting this question?

Ignore the naysayers. We walk by faith not by sight.

Dec 12, 2013
There are those on this forum who say I am going to Hell because I do not keep the Sabbath.
There are others that say I am going to hell because I believe in eternal security.

The Holy Spirit has dwelt in me since the day I was saved.
And my eternal security is in the hand of Jesus, not based on me doing or not doing works.

AMEN...those that regularly sell Jesus out, his work, his faith, his power and his promises are rank and file deep brother.....exactly why JESUS said the number that comes before him calling him LORD and boasting of their right to enter based upon the many wonderful works they have done in his name is PLENTEOUS in NUMBER.....the workers for, salvation losers, Pharisees and Cainologists on this site peddle the exact same dogma that the MANY that come before the throne peddle....

LORD LORD have WE NOT DONE MANY WONDERFUL WORKS IN YOUR NAME.......

If salvation can be lost or forfeit then ONE MUST do something to KEEP it or MAINTAIN it <----a works based salvation no matter how it is sliced and diced.......

It is ALL JESUS or it is not biblical

S

SpoonJuly

Thats weird Ive never read any of the posters here say those things, to you, me or anyone else. Unless they PMed you, but, I had never read anyone saying that. Its not your imagination is it?

I know some people talk about such things and theres debates over such things whether they are part of what we do or signs or part of christian living but I have never read anyone specifically say you are going to hell because of x. Maybe you just take their posts the wrong way.

Just want to reassure you because it would be reported if anyone was condemning anyone here, there is now no condemnation in Christ Jesus for those who walk after the spirit and not the flesh.

If you are walking in spirit then declare it. Nobody can falsely accuse you. I dont know if you want to make a post all about yourself and whether YOU are going to hell because I dont really know you personally but if you confess with your mouth and believe in your heart the Lord Jesus then you will be saved. If Jesus Christ is your Lord and saviour then why would you be even posting this question?

Ignore the naysayers. We walk by faith not by sight.
A few are honest with what they believe, but with many, one must read between the lines.
They will not come right out and say "you are going to Hell" but they say it in a round about way.

This is not about me but about those who judge others relationship with the Savior.

LW97

Apr 10, 2018
Hell is not what you think it was

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Ok I dont even read it that way, also that would be an odd thing to go to hell for.

The devil is definitly going to hell as thats what hell was made for. Those already condemned are in hell. People who sin who havent repented, and not been forgiven, they are going to hell.
The thing is, you cant say someone is or isnt because you are not the judge, God is, but you can say what would lead you on the road to hell. If you dont follow the way, the truth and the life,the only other way is hell. If your name isnt in the book of life, then hell is your destination.

I wouldnt get hung up on people that say everyone must speak in tongues or everyone must keep sabbaths or dont believe that anyone could fall away. They may be mistaken about some minor things that arent really important, and certainly isnt anything anyone is going to hell for, and as far as I can tell nobodys implying it or judging another. Some people speak in tongues some dont. Some keep sabbath and some dont. Some believe in eternal security and some think theres a prior condition that prescribes obedience because disobedience could cause one to fall. I think people are just putting forth their experiences and point of view about scripture, and not actually judging others. And its good people are being honest, why lie about such things?

I do think in other things people come across as judgemental, but not those things you mention.

For example theres always one lady at a church I sometimes go to, whos kind of a busy body and always asking or making some unkind comment that I feel like shes judging me, like asking about my work and when I say what Im doing its like nothing I ever do pleases her. Now I sometimes think she maybe just asking just trying to make conversation, or just cos she curious, or cant think of anything else to talk about. But sometimes I think shes really judging me. Not that shes judging me that I will go to hell or anything like that, but the kind of job I have or whether Im looking for work or how much money Im earning, that kind of thing.

Sometimes i think to say Im just going about my Fathers business. But sometimes I say well im not working today, its sunday. Does God only love super busy people, or is some work only valuable if its paid? And the thing is this lady is retired! So when asking about her work she can smugly say I dont have to Im retired.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Btw I dont thinks shes saying to me only people that work full time paid jobs are saved. But then I read in scripture that women are saved in Childbearing. Woe is me then because Im not bearing any children. Im sure there are people that judge women for working who dont have children, but then there are women who dont work and have children, but then again some people dont count housework as work. Well I can assure you housework IS work. Just not paid.

Anyway its not work salvation because God does want us to do his good works, that hes prepared us to do rather than have us work for the devil anyway.

unclesilas

Feb 6, 2019

The Holy Spirit has dweld in me since the day I was saved.

You should be concerned if you believe nonsense that gets posted on internet debating websites.

1) the law God desires you to follow is written in your mind and placed on your heart, you instinctively know that law for it is within you. Through the law we become conscious of sin Rom3:20 No one who tells you, you must follow a Saturday sabbath knew that instinctively for that law was not placed in their heart and mind as written, they only believed they must follow it for they read what is written in ink, that is not where the law is for the believer(2cor3:32) so ignore them. Blind guides leading the blind
2) Speaking in tongues is not a salvational issue. You are saved by grace through faith(Eph2:8) Ignore them, blind guides leading the blind
3) You don't go to hell if you believe in eternal security or if you do not. Where in the bible is that stated? You go to hell if you do not have faith in Jesus, for he is your righteousness. Ignore them, blind guides leading the blind
You will have to toughen up to stay on internet debating websites, and I mean that sincerely. Many come on them, flushed with what they think they know, but what they write proves how little they do truly know.
I myself have been called: a heretic, demon possessed, unsaved, in need of psychiatric help, the list is endless. Chin up
God bless