Am I really a true believer of jesus christ?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jul 11, 2022
When I was 5 years old I wanted to make my mom happy so I got up in church and said that I accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. I am worried that I didn't really accept Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior or let him into my heart or life cause after that day I didn't really think about God, Jesus Christ, or the Holy Spirit at all. I didn't include them in my life at all except for going to church every once in awhile and I didn't change my life habits or routines to include them in it at all. Then later on when I was 21 years old I thought that I wasn't really a Christian cause at the time I didn't really think that the Bible was real and that Jesus Christ's story was real. I believed that I was an agnostic (believing maybe and maybe not) towards both the Bible and Jesus Christ. Does it matter the reason why a child accepts Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior or do they have to actually believe in their heart that Jesus Christ is their Lord and savior and that after that say they accept Jesus Christ as the Lord and savior that they should show change in their life and everything to actually be a true believer of Jesus Christ as their lord and savior?

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
Hello @ChristianWarriorGW, it looks like you've broached this topic a few times of times over the last 8 months or so, so I am gathering that you have not received a satisfactory answer to your question(s) yet, yes?

Have you spoken with your pastor about all of this yet :unsure: If not, my advice would be to call him, or call and make an appointment to meet with him as soon as you can (in my church, pastors and elders are typically available for people to meet with for about 30 minutes after each service, and if your church does something like this, that would be another option for you, even today :)).

I need to run right now, but I hope to return sometime later today. Perhaps we can talk a bit then if you'd like to.

Praying for you!

God bless you!!

~Deuteronomy
p.s. - it seems to me that you are being pursued by Him (I believe that poet Francis Thompson's description of Him as the Hound of Heaven is an apt one ;)). Whether He is looking for you to come back to Him (as the believer that you already are), or looking for you to come to saving faith in Him for the very first time, I cannot say, but my advice to you in either case would be the same, by all means come to Him/let nothing get in your way!!

Perhaps it would be best (at least for now) for you to stop trying to figure whether you were saved when you were 5 years old or not and just make sure that you are truly His, and that He is truly yours, right now! This is something that all believers are admonished to do regularly .. e.g. 2 Corinthians 13:5.

MessengerofTruth

Dec 21, 2022
When I was 5 years old I wanted to make my mom happy so I got up in church and said that I accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. I am worried that I didn't really accept Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior or let him into my heart or life cause after that day I didn't really think about God, Jesus Christ, or the Holy Spirit at all. I didn't include them in my life at all except for going to church every once in awhile and I didn't change my life habits or routines to include them in it at all. Then later on when I was 21 years old I thought that I wasn't really a Christian cause at the time I didn't really think that the Bible was real and that Jesus Christ's story was real. I believed that I was an agnostic (believing maybe and maybe not) towards both the Bible and Jesus Christ. Does it matter the reason why a child accepts Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior or do they have to actually believe in their heart that Jesus Christ is their Lord and savior and that after that say they accept Jesus Christ as the Lord and savior that they should show change in their life and everything to actually be a true believer of Jesus Christ as their lord and savior?
Personally, I believe that you must come to the day that you have an encounter with the Living GOD and believe on Christ as the Sacrifice for your sin and obediently be baptized.

That said, I also believe that you must pay your vows to the Most High. You were a child, but you uttered something that has been recorded in heaven and I believe that GOD will bring you to a place to fulfill that that you have uttered.

Surrender today making your calling and election sure and get to know the LORD and He will guide you all the way. :)

Feb 4, 2023
Hello! To directly address your question, you will know if you are truly a believer if you obey him and know what his will is. Jesus himself said, whoever sins is a servant of sin, but when Jesus sets you free, you shall be free indeed. Ask yourself, do you still live a sinful life? Have you experienced being born again? Do you know how to deny yourself daily and take up your cross? Do you know how to die daily? Have you forsaken and lost your life on earth for Jesus? He said if you don't, then you are not his disciple.

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia
Hello friend. I will post a short and simple message for you to listen to. It should answer your question.