Am I the only one annoyed by this?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
Hey all
I tend to get friend requests by people who haven't been here even a day. I just keep rejecting them but it does annoy me. Am i the only one?

C

CaptainGoat

Probably. :D
Sorry. I thought it was funny to say that!

Maybe people have joined the site to make friends and you look like a friendly face? I've no idea!

Feb 7, 2015
Yeah..... I can't imagine wanting to be your friend. LOL

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
Hey all
I tend to get friend requests by people who haven't been here even a day. I just keep rejecting them but it does annoy me. Am i the only one?
Makes you wonder why they are requesting you as a friend if they haven't been here even a day. :eek:

N

NoNameMcgee

Hey all
nope

i usually just decline

(kinda sorta bugs me too)

mochi

May 26, 2015
I have no problem with that since there is nothing personal with my account here.. but of course i will wondering too (even that i rarely got friend request here.. lol)

but with fb thats different.. i will only confirm people that i already know :p

Dec 19, 2009
Hey all
Apparently you're not the only one. I never found it annoying, though.

WineRose

Jan 3, 2017
Row A, Column 9
No, I never really had a problem with that...the constant PMs from people who want me to send money or call them or whatever are my digital pet peeves...

T

Tinuviel

I will get both friend requests and private messages from newbies, I agree it can be a bit annoying if I haven't interacted with them at all. I usually reject them out of hand.

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
I've found that those who pm people on their first day are more often looking for something than participating here.

notbythesword

Apr 28, 2015
Hey all
I had that recently happen to me too. I also had a problem in the past of someone sending me PM’s asking for money, so I usually just reject the incoming friend request if they have only been on here a short while and I have never heard of them before.

R

renewed_hope

I was talking to another user about this the other day and I make a general rule that if one, they don't post anything, then I'm sorry you don't get an accept request from me. Second, if you are new and not referencing anything I posted or my profile correctly then that's an automatic disqualification. I will often tell the person that I'm flattered but out of protection, it makes me uncomfortable and so I decline and I would enjoy getting to know them in the forums first before accepting anything. I guess, it doesnt bother me, but I do feel bad for them and I do say a little prayer that God reveals himself and delivers them from their troubles

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
Never get friend rrquest.
I must be a butthole.

T

Tabitha4thelord

I let people friend me first
I don't friend other people unless
I have talk or see them a lot on here
and If I click with them:)
Tommy, Im going to be sending you a friend request
so get ready buddy lol

Feb 7, 2015
I find it a little irritating when people keep on asking if they can send me some money.