Amazing song and is mainstream! love it !!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 26, 2019
Hey everyone,

So I was sitting in my car today and happen to put on the radio when this song started playing ... the massage is so close to my heart. I am sure many of us have felt this way before.

The name of the song is You say by Lauren Daigle.
If you haven't heard it I recommend you do :)

Here are the lyrics

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
Hey everyone,

So I was sitting in my car today and happen to put on the radio when this song started playing ... the massage is so close to my heart. I am sure many of us have felt this way before.

The name of the song is You say by Lauren Daigle.
If you haven't heard it I recommend you do :)

Here are the lyrics
Methinks you forgot the lyrics.
Also not sure what you mean by "mainstream". She's a CCM artist. CCM is mainstream.

Feb 26, 2019
Methinks you forgot the lyrics.
Also not sure what you mean by "mainstream". She's a CCM artist. CCM is mainstream.
Hey! I did't forget... I believe that it did not get approve do to copy rights .... not sure.

To your other question when I said mainstream I mean popular on a non christian radio music station. Unfortunately it is rear to see this however Christian artist Lauren Daigle has made history becoming the first woman to top both Christian and Pop Billboard lists. Completely understandable because her music is amazing.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
Hey! I did't forget... I believe that it did not get approve do to copy rights .... not sure.

To your other question when I said mainstream I mean popular on a non christian radio music station. Unfortunately it is rear to see this however Christian artist Lauren Daigle has made history becoming the first woman to top both Christian and Pop Billboard lists. Completely understandable because her music is amazing.
People post lyrics here all the time, so not sure why it would matter. But its CC, who knows haha.

I believe Amy Grant topped charts in the 90s, or came pretty close. Many still considered her Christian despite the lyrics being pointless dribble.

I'm neither a fan of CCM nor mainstream in general. But in the metal scene many Christian bands became quite popular and influential. Even back in the 80s Christian band Stryper did and around the world twice tour they were so popular.
I believe CCM doesn't often get anywhere because the music is more like upbeat church music than what you hear on the radio and the lyrics are usually preachy and unrelatable to most non-Christians.
CCM is primarily intended as Christian entertainment rather than reaching the unsaved.
Anyways, that was an unexpected rant I had to cut short hahaha.
A friendly tip, saying or adding 'secular' may clarify your thoughts when referring to non-christian music.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
@Marie26
Here's a lyric video for the song.

I'd never heard her before. She has a unique voice for CCM, not a sound that you ever really hear. And that's a good thing. Has more of a husky, bluesy sound. Husky... that isn't the word I mean but it's the only one that comes to mind haha.

Feb 26, 2019
People post lyrics here all the time, so not sure why it would matter. But its CC, who knows haha.

I believe Amy Grant topped charts in the 90s, or came pretty close. Many still considered her Christian despite the lyrics being pointless dribble.

I'm neither a fan of CCM nor mainstream in general. But in the metal scene many Christian bands became quite popular and influential. Even back in the 80s Christian band Stryper did and around the world twice tour they were so popular.
I believe CCM doesn't often get anywhere because the music is more like upbeat church music than what you hear on the radio and the lyrics are usually preachy and unrelatable to most non-Christians.
CCM is primarily intended as Christian entertainment rather than reaching the unsaved.
Anyways, that was an unexpected rant I had to cut short hahaha.
A friendly tip, saying or adding 'secular' may clarify your thoughts when referring to non-christian music.
Well ok so I see where you are coming from in regards to other artist getting close to topping the charts such as Amy Grant but in terms of keeping the momentum going in my opinion Lauren Daigle has had a more positive outcome. Again that is all base on opinions one can say.

In terms of why CCM doesn't often get anywhere I agree with you but Look and I am speaking as a Christian, our contemporary music isn’t great. The music is something that even most Christians know isn’t that good by "modern standards". We listen to it to escape the anger, negativity of other modern music. The genre just hasn’t had the funding, the production quality, the publicity, and the help of these multi-billion labels. So the music quality is poor. Again this is just my opinion.

All I am saying is that Lauren Daigle writes music that has deep theological roots and yet is appealing to modern ears with the production sounds that people enjoy now. I’m glad to hear her on the radio and to see her songs enjoying top 40 billing where they’re heard by the wider audience.

The reason why I said mainstream instead of secular is because in reality what most of the population consider mainstream is plaid on well know by modern standards radio stations. Not to say christian stations are no mainstream by the christian community , I was talking about more on a global standard also I felt that not all non-christian songs in the radio are 'secular'.

Feb 26, 2019
@Marie26

I'd never heard her before. She has a unique voice for CCM, not a sound that you ever really hear. And that's a good thing. Has more of a husky, bluesy sound. Husky... that isn't the word I mean but it's the only one that comes to mind haha.

Haha yeah I know exactly what you mean !

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
Well ok so I see where you are coming from in regards to other artist getting close to topping the charts such as Amy Grant but in terms of keeping the momentum going in my opinion Lauren Daigle has had a more positive outcome. Again that is all base on opinions one can say.

In terms of why CCM doesn't often get anywhere I agree with you but Look and I am speaking as a Christian, our contemporary music isn’t great. The music is something that even most Christians know isn’t that good by "modern standards". We listen to it to escape the anger, negativity of other modern music. The genre just hasn’t had the funding, the production quality, the publicity, and the help of these multi-billion labels. So the music quality is poor. Again this is just my opinion.

All I am saying is that Lauren Daigle writes music that has deep theological roots and yet is appealing to modern ears with the production sounds that people enjoy now. I’m glad to hear her on the radio and to see her songs enjoying top 40 billing where they’re heard by the wider audience.

The reason why I said mainstream instead of secular is because in reality what most of the population consider mainstream is plaid on well know by modern standards radio stations. Not to say christian stations are no mainstream by the christian community , I was talking about more on a global standard also I felt that not all non-christian songs in the radio are 'secular'.
Ah. There's the issue. You are Now mentioning continued momentum but that was nowhere suggested in your original comment. You simply mentioned the act of hitting the top of charts. So in relation to what you said my comment would still stand. =P

There is enough funding and production quality. The problem does not lie there. The problem lies in the musicians and artists not attempting to make anything relevant.
Look at Lindsey Sterling. She's obtained Huge amounts of success on multiple albums without any label assistance. Top notch production and quality. Just by her own drive, talent and ability to make good music.
Or, again, look at the Christian metal scene. A number of years back they nearly took over the scene by the number of popular bands, and this was done using smaller indie labels mostly. And some managed to create music so relevant even secular labels took to signing them. And there is Much less financial assistance in that arena than CCM.
Publicity will come to those who are worthwhile and relevant. Lauren D doesn't surprise me as becoming popular because she doesn't sound like a church choir singer turned CCM frontman, but has a voice not common even in the secular world.
Otherwise I mostly agree with your assessment of CCM.

I never said a single negative ques against Lauren so I'm not sure why you're coming across defensive of her.

Secular is the commonly used term to refer to the non-Christian aspect. Ot Mark's a clear designation as to what your intention is. You could argue about whether or not it's subjectively fitting, and continually be unclear or understand that using it aids others in knowing what you're saying.

I'm not sure what you meant by "I know what you're saying" when I posted the lyric video.

Feb 26, 2019
Ah. There's the issue. You are Now mentioning continued momentum but that was nowhere suggested in your original comment. You simply mentioned the act of hitting the top of charts. So in relation to what you said my comment would still stand. =P

There is enough funding and production quality. The problem does not lie there. The problem lies in the musicians and artists not attempting to make anything relevant.
Look at Lindsey Sterling. She's obtained Huge amounts of success on multiple albums without any label assistance. Top notch production and quality. Just by her own drive, talent and ability to make good music.
Or, again, look at the Christian metal scene. A number of years back they nearly took over the scene by the number of popular bands, and this was done using smaller indie labels mostly. And some managed to create music so relevant even secular labels took to signing them. And there is Much less financial assistance in that arena than CCM.
Publicity will come to those who are worthwhile and relevant. Lauren D doesn't surprise me as becoming popular because she doesn't sound like a church choir singer turned CCM frontman, but has a voice not common even in the secular world.
Otherwise I mostly agree with your assessment of CCM.
You know I agree with you mostly ..!
We can be good friends if you ask me. As we have very set opinions haha.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
You know I agree with you mostly ..!
We can be good friends if you ask me. As we have very set opinions haha.
We don't differ all that much, in the broad sense. We just come to the same conclusions from different angles. (=

Didymous

Feb 22, 2018
@Marie26

Yeah, I was impressed with her voice. I think I read somewhere that she got very sick, and that's why her voice is that way.