Amen and awomen

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jun 22, 2020
Australia
bandicam 2021-01-11 23-10-55-599.jpg

Link to the source

A Democratic congressman said he was surprised by the negative response after he ended an opening prayer on the first day of the new Congress by saying “amen and a-woman” – and said conservative critics including Donald Trump Jr had only proved themselves “soiled by selfishness, perverted by prejudice and inveigled by ideology”.

This is virtual insanity

Nov 15, 2020
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
View attachment 224367

Link to the source

A Democratic congressman said he was surprised by the negative response after he ended an opening prayer on the first day of the new Congress by saying “amen and a-woman” – and said conservative critics including Donald Trump Jr had only proved themselves “soiled by selfishness, perverted by prejudice and inveigled by ideology”.

This is virtual insanity
was he being funny, and the folks were offended ?

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
How is it funny -as a Christian- to lend credence to false gods and vain philosophies?

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
according to the article, he said "awoman".
Was he being funny, and they were offended by what he said ?
He did not just say that, but also prayed to false gods.

Now tell me, how is that supposed to be a humorous thing for a Christian leader to do?

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
what's the thread title ?
A reference to something a pastor said, among other things included in the video.

Now answer my question or stop asking me questions.

Jun 22, 2020
Australia
Na i have to disagree mate, his not trying to be funny and there isn't anything funny about it i think...
His a minister of some church and that prayer is from the bible... He ends the prayer by saying

"we ask in the name of the monotheistic God, Brahma, and God known by many names and many different faiths. Amen and awomen"

When criticized he said they were "soiled by selfishness, perverted by prejudice and inveigled by ideology "

So first he is praying to false idols. Brahma is a Hindu god... Then he tries to bring a feminist narrative into it by retendering the word amen when its not actually a gendered word, it means truth in Hebrew

Nov 15, 2020
Na i have to disagree mate, his not trying to be funny and there isn't anything funny about it i think...
His a minister of some church and that prayer is from the bible... He ends the prayer by saying

"we ask in the name of the monotheistic God, Brahma, and God known by many names and many different faiths. Amen and awomen"

When criticized he said they were "soiled by selfishness, perverted by prejudice and inveigled by ideology "

So first he is praying to false idols. Brahma is a Hindu god... Then he tries to bring a feminist narrative into it by retendering the word amen when its not actually a gendered word, it means truth in Hebrew
thankyou for answering my question. 🙂

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
thankyou for answering my question. 🙂
Meanwhile you don't answer other people's questions. Why is that?

Looks like a double standard.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014

So first he is praying to false idols. Brahma is a Hindu god... Then he tries to bring a feminist narrative into it by rendendering the word amen when its not actually a gendered word, it means truth in Hebrew
My Pastor in his sermon last Sunday mentioned this prayer and also pointed out that 'amen' is not a gendered word and referred to this aspect of the prayer as blasphemy!

K

KT88

It was silly. The problem is when the congress consists of members of various religions how are you going to have a prayer that suits all of them?

CS1

May 23, 2012
so guess what, I was looking for the two words of the title, in the article, that's all.
maybe you should just listen to the prayer HE said ok. He said " Amen and A Women " The only thing it proved is he doesn't know the context of AMEN = so be it and choose to have a "woke " moment that did not work. He was seen as a fool.

Nov 15, 2020
maybe you should just listen to the prayer HE said ok. He said " Amen and A Women " The only thing it proved is he doesn't know the context of AMEN = so be it and choose to have a "woke " moment that did not work. He was seen as a fool.
I read it in the text.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
well, when I pray, I end my prayer with "in the name of Jesus I pray, Amen."

guess (considering a couple of comments I have read here) I may need to change it to:

"in the name of Jesus, and in spite of trolls, I pray, Amen."