American Missionary Killed in India

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
I’m sure Satan has said the same thing for thousands of years in an attempt to
prevent people coming to know Christ.
Even God wants us to have some common sense. If someone tells you if you come back here I'm going to kill you then Common Sense would dictate that you don't go back.
these people had made it abundantly clear that they want to be left alone and don't want Outsiders..
Christian privilege is thinking you have a right to force your beliefs on others when they don't want it

Lillywolf

Aug 29, 2018
Even God wants us to have some common sense. If someone tells you if you come back here I'm going to kill you then Common Sense would dictate that you don't go back.
these people had made it abundantly clear that they want to be left alone and don't want Outsiders..
Christian privilege is thinking you have a right to force your beliefs on others when they don't want it
"Christian privilege". Lord help us there's another derogatory term invented.

And God knows, we're not all Negan. A Christian would never be a Negan.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
So just so we're clear the same people who are saying that immigrants are invading America are the same people who are saying this guy had a right to invade someone else's territory

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Also know where in the Bible are we instructed to force Christianity on people who don't want it. That's literally what pearls to swine means. If someone is not interested in what you have to offer then move along and find someone who is

L

Locoponydirtman

So just so we're clear the same people who are saying that immigrants are invading America are the same people who are saying this guy had a right to invade someone else's territory
One man entering a property in hopes of making contact with the proprietor is not an invasion.
Normative property rights standards through out the world give guidelines for acceptable approach to strangers on their property.
Masses of people streaming onto property ripping down property line fences and throwing rocks at security is closely related to an invasion.
Intellectual dishonesty doesn't well suit those who call themselves followers of Christ.

L

Locoponydirtman

Also know where in the Bible are we instructed to force Christianity on people who don't want it. That's literally what pearls to swine means. If someone is not interested in what you have to offer then move along and find someone who is
Also not applicable. No force was attempted. He didn't go there with anything by which to apply force. A single unarmed man is not harldy an attempt at force against a tribe of people.

Kaps89

Nov 19, 2018
Kent, England
Read the story of Jim Elliot, who was killed by the Auca Indians in Ecuador in 1956, along with 4 others. Many came to Christ after. Plus, Shell Oil was planning on killing all 600 members of the tribe, because they were stopping exploration, and that was stopped because the missionaries protected them!

https://www.crossway.org/articles/jim-elliot-was-no-fool/
I watched a play that was put on by Mission Aviation Fellowship at church this year that told this story and explained the reason he and his three friends were killed by the tribe and what happened afterwards when Jim Elliots wife and others went back to the tribe.

When I heard about this news it reminded me of this.

Tom

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
when someone gives you the courtesy of a warning shot and you keep coming then what happens next is your own fault..