An Anime Thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter kittycat7
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Even more reason not to watch it.

I can see why you wouldn't have interest in it from a Christian point of view. I'll watch anything if it's got a good story to it. Or atleast some epic action :)
 
Death Note (Japanese: デスノート, Hepburn: Desu Nōto[SUP]?[/SUP]) is a Japanese manga series written by Tsugumi Ohba and illustrated by Takeshi Obata. The story follows Light Yagami, a high school student who discovers a supernatural notebook from a shinigami named Ryuk that grants its user the ability to kill anyone whose name and face they know. The series centers around Light's subsequent attempts to create and rule a world "cleansed of evil" as "God" using the notebook, and the efforts of a group led by a mysterious detective known as L to stop him.


Nope. Wouldn't touch that with a 20 foot pole.
 
I can see why you wouldn't have interest in it from a Christian point of view. I'll watch anything if it's got a good story to it. Or atleast some epic action :)

Any recommended ones with Christian point of view? Just curious.
 
lol. That description doesn't mention how he starts off as a good guy trying to rid the world of evil people but eventually becomes full of himself thinking that he is god and eventually turns evil. Good show :)
 
lol. That description doesn't mention how he starts off as a good guy trying to rid the world of evil people but eventually becomes full of himself thinking that he is god and eventually turns evil. Good show :)

Sounds like Donnie Darko.

Good show, btw.
 
Any recommended ones with Christian point of view? Just curious.

I haven't really seen an anime with a Christian theme to it. There probably are some out there though. I'm sure you could google that and possibly find a few.
 
Any recommended ones with Christian point of view? Just curious.

Its really funny cause you can practically see every anime genre out there instead " christian" Ex: there's vampire anime, lesbnian/ gay, horror, sci fci, porn anime, romance anime, etc: but there's hardley any "christian anime" maybe bc Japan is rarely on christianity: It's not really a christian country to be honest :p I think there more into Buddhism, or other religions that's not christ like:
 
Its really funny cause you can practically see every anime genre out there instead " christian" Ex: there's vampire anime, lesbnian/ gay, horror, sci fci, porn anime, romance anime, etc: but there's hardley any "christian anime" maybe bc Japan is rarely on christianity: It's not really a christian country to be honest :p I think there more into Buddhism, or other religions that's not christ like:

Yeah as far as I know, which isn't very far, Japan doesn't have a ton of Christians. It would also be kind of difficult to make a Christian themed anime.... What would the characters do? heh
 
I just want to say this: I really enjoy romance anime. For as means. This thread is closed: I'm going to stop posting in this thread, I regret creating it, and Im trying to stop anime watching myself. It was selfish of me to create it, and I'm sorry.

-This thread is offically closed -
 
I haven't really seen an anime with a Christian theme to it. There probably are some out there though. I'm sure you could google that and possibly find a few.[/QUOTE]It's hard to find anything Japanese with a christian theme to it.....jus' sayin'.
 
i didnt mean to say this thread is closed, since i dont have that right, what i meant to say im done posting in this thread.
 
  • Like
Reactions: zoii
I can see why you wouldn't have interest in it from a Christian point of view. I'll watch anything if it's got a good story to it. Or atleast some epic action :)

Judging from your avatar I wouldn't doubt that a bit.

What you propose is like a vegan watching hunting shows.

When you commit to a position you abandon things that oppose it.

When your spirituality is sure you'll see what we mean.
 
Judging from your avatar I wouldn't doubt that a bit.

What you propose is like a vegan watching hunting shows.

When you commit to a position you abandon things that oppose it.

When your spirituality is sure you'll see what we mean.

lol... well said sir.