An Introductory Testimony

  • Thread starter Thread starter bluebirdchaser
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
B

bluebirdchaser

Guest
I can't believe someone as writing minded as me has neglected to utilize the blog entries. I mean honestly...

As an introduction, I am bluebird chaser. My real name is Jade, I'm from Illinois in the United States (it's sort of in the middle of the country but more north for those who don't know. If you know where Chicago is right around there) and that drawing in my profile pic is slightly off. My skin is not that dark, though it is still clearly African American. I've sort of taken greeting new comers to the site as my job because I think feeling welcomed into a Christian environment is important. Getting rained with God's love from the moment you step in I think should be something to strive for. I'm not always so good at it in real life (I'm rather introverted...) but it's easier for me on the internet so why waste the opportunity God hands you, you know? I'm not always the best in a crisis but if you ever need to vent I want to be there for you. God will give me the words to say in those cases :)

I like writing (mostly prose though I do poetry and lyrics too), singing, acting, drawing, reading, and nerding out. This I include just so if people with similar interests want to chat it up they know.

Onto my testimony testimony. There wasn't exactly a dramatic coming to Christ for me (well, dramatic in some's sense of the word. There's sort of a drama from going from death into life and becoming a new creature in Christ). I was raised in a Christian household though my faith didn't really phase me until somewhere in and around middle school, possibly with the realization that I didn't know what Easter celebrated. I sort of started to pay more attention to my faith then, eventually asking for a Bible for Christmas, my family checking out churches and such, and finally me getting baptized for the first time on August 25, 2008 I'm pretty sure. I think the real drama was keeping me not just in the faith, but in one piece so to speak.

I am an incredibly anxious person. It runs in my family, I'm very thought oriented, it's understandable. Of course anxious and emotion are words that seem to some not to have a lot of force. In my brain though they can grip you, throw your mind into a pitch black tempest, make you want to kill yourself. Oh yes, I have wanted to die. I was never really suicidal, I knew for a fact that I would never even seriously consider it but I've wanted to go away with God.

Then there's the self-loathing. Now most of us from what I can tell hate ourselves from time to time, but sometimes in the mind of a perfectionist, self-loathing can turn into a mental weapon of mass destruction. I've mentally kicked, punched, and done any number of violent things to myself, I've called myself all number of terrible names. I've thought more than once "You should die". These seem like just words, and for a while I sort of just thought that. Then one day as I was preparing for a Voice jury (a little thing that happens in voice lessons sometimes when you sing some of the songs you're learning for the faculty). I utterly procrastinated on a large portion of the paperwork I was supposed to do. As I rushed from place to place in performance attire to try to throw together as much of the paperwork as I could I hacked away at myself with a mental ax. Stupid, idiot, I hate you, I hate you so much etc etc

I hated on myself so much that before I could warm up for the jury I started crying and couldn't stop. An activity that requires your voice and complete breathing control and I had made myself cry.

Now, praise God because the teacher not only let me go later when I was pulled together, but let me turn the paperwork in later that day when it was finished, but it was then I realized that self loathing could disrupt your life and wanted to stop it.

All of these things I just mean to use as an illustration to how much my brain is apt to fall apart just to better appreciate how much God has kept me together. There are times when I've wondered if I should go on meds yet I never had to because no matter how bad things got God was there so it would never be too much. He was my hope that kept me from ever considering suicide. His spirit strengthens me when I feel like I can't stand to go on anymore. And his existence gives me hope when I'm taking classes like Humans and the Environment and Culture, Diversity, and Expressions that basically say how much humans have wrecked both the world and other people.

[Throwing this out here right now, I am not hating on people who need medication. There are plenty in my family that take it which is one of the reasons why I thought maybe I should too.]

I could go into more specific accounts, and God willing maybe I will at some point since I now have an outlet for writing specially what God does in my life, but we'll see. If you stuck through and read this then bless you, person, and I'm sorry but yes I am always this wordy.

Have a lovely evening y'all :)
 

Attachments

  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 832
Hey there miss Jade! :)

I know it's really easy to fall into the trap of negativity. For some reason it always seems like the right response to adversity, I don't know why. I've been there. But as you know it eats away at us and feeds on itself. I'm very glad to hear that you never have considered physical self injury!

You are a cool person as evidenced by your writing talent alone. I know it's hard to be thankful to Jesus for circumstances when everything is going wrong, but it has helped me on more than one occasion. It's easy for me and I think a lot of other folks to cling to negativity like some sort of security blanket, but most of the time it seems to be the closed door obscuring the solution to the situation we are in. It's hard to think clearly when we are angry or upset. But of course some of the time there is no solution, but it's still a lot more fun to be peaceful about a bad situation than to feel bad about it.


Wordy people are awesome, no apology needed!

God Bless,

Chain
 
Make some religious art and music some time. I'll be interesting in your work.

Suffering brings us closer to God if we react to it the right way. If you ever need extra help, feel free to pray to your guardian angel. :)

@Chainhand
A good way to not fall into the trap of negativity is by not hanging around negatively-minded people, correct?
 
That was great, thanks for sharing. :)

I believe that if you wouldn't say something to someone ELSE who had made a mistake (like, you wouldn't call your friend an idiot if she had made the same mistake), then you shouldn't say it to yourself, either. Words do have power, both good and bad, as you know. :)

God bless you!
 
Hi ??????ive felt the way you described many times and I can tell you time doesn't heal all wounds. It took me a long time to realize how badly I needed Christ in my life, and this was after being baptized. Needless to say I'm glad to know people like you exist. Your enthusiasm for Jesus is refreshing ??????thnk God for you and may He bless you always ????????????
 
PS those are supposed to be smiley faces, don't know if they came out right lol. Just in case :) :) :)
 
Hello there Jade:) Thank you for sharing.
The Lord bless you!
 
These were all shared last year or two years ago and I never noticed... Thank you all!
 
I share many of your interests and see a gentle beauty in you. I enjoyed all of what you wrote and can clearly see your skill within it. Your picture I love, clearly an artist! What I love the most about it, I must admit, is that it reminds me of a picture I drew of my son. Only...half was his face and the other half was Link from Zelda...lol. I also have been a wretched critic of myself (being a perfectionist and creative it can be brutally cruel). I do take medication but do not find offense to anything you wrote regarding such. You have a beautiful heart indeed to be dedicated to welcoming newcomers :-) I find myself a bit overwhelmed at the moment just displaying respect to those who have welcomed me. When I catch up this should improve though. I look forward to future interactions with you. May God bless you richly :-)