An unexplained feeling

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

ardchoille

Banned
Dec 8, 2014
306
4
0
I didn't know quite where to post this, so please accept my apologies if this isn't the proper place.

I've experienced something that I cannot explain, so I'm asking for some assistance.


I used to clean houses for a living. A year after cleaning houses with the same company, a girl and I were paired as a cleaning team. We became good friends and enjoyed chatting while we cleaned. Then, one day just after arriving for work, I felt as though something had happened.. something had changed, I couldn't figure it out but it had something to do with my friend/co-worker. I shrugged it off and continued cleaning but this feeling of "change" kept creeping up on me. During one of our breaks I told her that I felt something major had happened and asked if she was alright, if everything at home was okay. She responded by asking how I knew, to which I had no answer. It wasn't something that I could detect with the 5 senses, it was something that I just.. knew. She told me that she had done something, but I don't feel comfortable posting the incident here. Anyway, the incident caused me to ask to be transferred or paired with someone else. This wasn't possible so I ended up quitting my job because this feeling kept returning whenever I was around this girl. After quitting my job and the feeling finally disappeared.


I don't want to jump to conclusions, so I have two questions:
1. Exactly how did I "know" something happened?
2. Given that I felt this feeling was there to protect me, is there a way I can increase this ability?
 
There is two possible ways...

Either you are good at intuitively reading people, which I doubt since you are asking this...

Or it was the Holy Spirit, I believe this to be the case...

But since you are looking to increase the ability i would caution... You are about to start going down pagan witch craft road...

But I cannot speak for God.
 
There is two possible ways...

Either you are good at intuitively reading people, which I doubt since you are asking this...

Or it was the Holy Spirit, I believe this to be the case...

But since you are looking to increase the ability i would caution... You are about to start going down pagan witch craft road...

But I cannot speak for God.

Thank you for the caution, that is one road I wish to have nothing to do with.
 
There is the potential that it was divine influence. Why? Lord only knows. Perhaps it was to protect you after all, or perhaps you bowing out of this person's life was harsh enough to them to serve as a means to aid in their growth.

Whether this was the work of the Holy Spirit or not, it may not be something you can 'exercise' and seize control of. It seems you're a man of faith, so my advice is to pray on the matter, but do not inquire selfishly. If He wants to reveal this thing to you further, He will in his own time.
 
Perhaps it was to protect you after all, or perhaps you bowing out of this person's life was harsh enough to them to serve as a means to aid in their growth.

I'm hoping it served both of those purposes.

Whether this was the work of the Holy Spirit or not, it may not be something you can 'exercise' and seize control of. It seems you're a man of faith, so my advice is to pray on the matter, but do not inquire selfishly. If He wants to reveal this thing to you further, He will in his own time.

Excellent advice, thank you very much.
 
Surrender your "tuition/discernment" abilities to the Lord. Ask Him to sanctify this ability for His use only - that He would be glorified through it or lead others to Christ. Ask for the blood of Christ to cover and protect this in you from any use by the enemy. Then thank Him that you were guided through it for your own protection.

Thank you for sharing this with us.
 
That's not unusual at all. I totally believe the Holy Spirit intervened on your behalf. I also believe the Holy Spirit allowed your former co-worker to at least give some thought to the Word of God which says. "Be sure your sin will find you out." [Numbers 32:23]

Hopefully that young woman will fear God and repent.

I wouldn't worry about trying to muster up some type of ability of yourself. If the Holy Spirit gave you discernment in that situation it was because God was at work to accomplish His purposes. I would just praise His Holy Name for warning me and delivering me from a harmful situation.
:)
 
I would say absolutely the Holy Spirit. It's not always a distinct voice, but that feeling of knowing. Which is something that makes it so difficult to explain to somebody how you just know that Jesus is real.