And now a word from our sponsors!

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Ironically (and perhaps sadly), this reminds me of an episode of the Simpsons, where Sideshow Bob attempted to abolish television. Sometimes I wish there could be a real-life Sideshow Bob who did succeed in abolishing TV. But I wonder if it would be as successful? Before the days of TV, people had radios. And before that, newspapers. I'm not sure if these mediums would have been as successful for propaganda campaigns, but I'm sure they were still successful to a degree.

After 2 years or so of no TV, I wonder how many warmongers would be left in the Western World? Perhaps for some its too late and the damage is irreversible, but perhaps for most its more like a drug that needs to continually be administered for the effects to be sustained?
 
Ironically (and perhaps sadly), this reminds me of an episode of the Simpsons, where Sideshow Bob attempted to abolish television. Sometimes I wish there could be a real-life Sideshow Bob who did succeed in abolishing TV. But I wonder if it would be as successful? Before the days of TV, people had radios. And before that, newspapers. I'm not sure if these mediums would have been as successful for propaganda campaigns, but I'm sure they were still successful to a degree.

After 2 years or so of no TV, I wonder how many warmongers would be left in the Western World? Perhaps for some its too late and the damage is irreversible, but perhaps for most its more like a drug that needs to continually be administered for the effects to be sustained?
I watched that episode once...or was it 20 times...I don't remember...
 
Watching T.V.

[video=youtube;rKn0Yrziads]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKn0Yrziads[/video]

We were watching TV
In Tiananmen Square
Lost my baby there
My yellow rose
In her bloodstained clothes
She was a short order pastry chef
In a Dim Sum dive on the Yangtze tideway
She had a shiny hair
She was a daughter of an engineer
Won't you shed a tear
For my yellow rose
My yellow rose
In her bloodstained clothes
She had a perfect breasts
She had high hopes
She had almond eyes
She had yellow thighs
She was a student of philosophy
Won't you grieve with me
For my yellow rose
Shed a tear
For her bloodstained clothes
She had shiny hair
She had perfect breasts
She had almond eyes
She had yellow thighs
She was a daughter af an engineer
So get out your pistols
Get out your stones
Get out your knives
Cut them to the bone
They are the lackeys of the grocer's machine
They built the dark satanic mills
That manufacture hell on earth
They bought the front row seats on Calvary
They are irrelevant to me
And I grieve for my sister
People of China
Do not forget do not forget
The children who died for you
Long live the Republic
Did we do anything after this
I've feeling we did
We were watching TV
Watching TV
We were watching TV
Watching TV
She wore a white bandanna that said
Freedom now
She thought the Great Wall of China
Would come tumbling down
She was a student
Her father was an engineer
Won't you shed a tear
For my yellow rose
My yellow rose
In her bloodstained clothes
Her grandpa fought old Chiang Kai-shek
That no-good low-down dirty rat
Who used to order his troops
To fire on women and children
Imagine that imagine that
And in the spring of '48
Mao Tse-tung got quite irate
And he kicked that old dictator Chiang
Out of the state of China
Chiang Kai-shek came down in Formosa
And they armed the island of Quemoy
And the shells were flying across the China Sea
And they turned Formosa into a shoe factory
Called Taiwan
And she is different from Cro-Magnon man
She's different from Anne Boleyn
She is different from the Rosenbergs
And from the unknown Jew
She is different from the unknown Nicaraguan
Half superstar half victim
She's a victor star conceptually new
And she is different from the Dodo
And from the Kankabono
She is different from the Aztec
And from the Cherokee
She's everybody's sister
She's a symbolic of our failure
She's the one in fifty million
Who can help us to be free
Because she died on TV
And I grieve for my sister
 
Amused to Death

[video=youtube;qS35PVNzpOk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS35PVNzpOk[/video]

We watched the tragedy unfold
We did as we were told
We bought and sold
It was the greatest show on earth
But then it was over
We ohhed and aahed
We drove our racing cars
We ate our last few jars of caviar
And somewhere out there in the stars
A keen-eyed look-out
Spied a flickering light
Our last hurrah
And when they found our shadows
Grouped around the TV sets
They ran down every lead
They repeated every test
They checked out all the data on their lists
And then the alien anthropologists
Admitted they were still perplexed
But on eliminating every other reason
For our sad demise
They logged the only explanation left
This species has amused itself to death
No tears to cry no feelings left
This species has amused itself to death...
 
Good video. I record anything I watch, and fast forward through the ads. If somehow I see part of an ad, I put it on my list of things to never buy.

I only watch TV in winter, when I am riding my bike in the basement. I also read a book or study languages and listen to my Ipod while riding. I guess that is fractured enough that my brain doesn't absorb much from the TV.

I grew up with basically no TV - only one channel starting at 4pm. OK, I did watch the Beatles on Ed Sullivan. I have lived long periods with no TV and it was a much better way to live. We had no TV when my kids were growing up, they had fun playing games, inside and out. Mostly that they made up themselves. Sadly, some of them watch a lot of TV while others do not even have TV's.

So there are different outcomes for watching TV. I am convinced, that TV is just a way to brain wash people, and as a rule, it should not be watched much or at all.
 
I long for...

[video=youtube;l-1my_NSqrA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-1my_NSqrA[/video]

;)