And the SMOKE of their torment...No eternal damnation for anyone, except the Devil

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
It say eternal punishment, not eternal death
The wages of sin is death. You know, that fact is articulated throughout Scripture from beginning to end. The second
d
eath is punishment for those who refuse to accept God in the final analysis. That death is final... forevermore.

They pass from life to death, not to life ever after in torment. Only believers attain to life ever after.

Mar 4, 2020
It say eternal punishment, not eternal death
Death is the punishment. The Bible is very clear about that from cover to cover.

Romans 6:23
For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

2 Thessalonians 1:9
They will suffer the punishment of eternal destruction, away from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his might,

Jan 31, 2021
It’s about immaterial souls
None of the verses you quote are about immaterial souls. And you can't prove that they are.

All you’ve proven is that the Bible clearly isn’t sacred
One of the MOST idiotic statements ever.

Ezekiel 18:20
The soul who sins is the one who will die.

That’s a fact.
Absolutely is a fact. And many translations say "the one who sins is the one who will die". And the context is about capital punishment, not the LOF.

btw, EVERYONE sins. Will everyone "cease to exist"? Nonsense.

Jan 31, 2021
These verses refer to the body soul and spirit.
Why can't you prove that?

That’s why Ezekiel says the soul who sins shall die, Jesus said God is able to destroy body and soul hell, and James said God is able to save or destroy. The only options are being saved or destroyed. No ECT option.
Keep deceiving yourself.

Jan 31, 2021
You called me a crying drunk.
Please stop lying. I never called you that.

That’s what maudlin means.
It has several meanings and usages and I explained HOW I was using the word. And I NEVER included a crying drunk.

I knew you’d just lash out and say I’m lying
Such drama. "lashing out" by simply noting the truth.

This isn’t much of a Biblical discussion anymore.
Hasn't been, either, since you began your whining.

It’s a grown man named FreGrace2 having a tantrum
Really? Just more drama. I have never called you names, ever. I just refute your claims. How is that a "tantrum"? Can you explain that? Of course you can't. All you do is use highly charged (dramatic) words because your emotions are hyper-sensitive.

because he isn’t able to prove ECT for all of the unsaved,
Rev 19:20 and Rev 20:10 actually do prove it.

Jan 31, 2021
There is hope, however, for anyone who is among the living; for even a live dog is better
than a dead lion. For the living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing.
It means a dead person (body in grave and soul either in heaven or Hades (torments)) doesn't know what going on around the world or in the place where they used to live. They are gone. But their bodies are here. Do you understand this?

May 22, 2020
Eternal mean never ending

eternal punishment mean never ending punishment

why punish unconscious soul?

SDA say God is love, SDA say because of love, He will not put people into eternal punishment
It's strange that he doesn't believe in God's eternal punishment but believes Satan is eternally punished

Really.....?;

Isn't Lot's wife as a pillow of salt...permanent?
Isn't the many destroyed in the great flood....permanent?

I Don't believe someones....... review of God's word....... is very thorough.

Jan 31, 2021
The lie is/was, you shall not die. They did become like God in knowing good and evil

And they DID DIE "on that day". They died spiritually, which is why they hid from the Lord. In the Hebrew it says literally, "on that day, dying (physically over time - aging) you SHALL DIE (spiritually).

Jan 31, 2021
Really.....?;

Isn't Lot's wife as a pillow of salt...permanent?
Her body turned to a column of salt. That says nothing about the condition of her soul.

Isn't the many destroyed in the great flood....permanent?
Their bodies, yes. Again, says nothing about their souls.

May 22, 2020
c
Her body turned to a column of salt. That says nothing about the condition of her soul.

Souls are permanent......... why are you attempting to associate the two?

Mar 4, 2020
None of the verses you quote are about immaterial souls. And you can't prove that they are.

Absolutely is a fact. And many translations say "the one who sins is the one who will die". And the context is about capital punishment, not the LOF.

That’s false. The literal soul who sins shall die. Crystal clear from the Bible. Your nonsense will never change if, but I know you desperately wish you could. Your false ECT has been chiseled away to a pile of rubble and you’re still clinging to it.

Mar 4, 2020

Clearly you lack the discernment to know the difference between a saved soul and an unsaved soul. Please don’t ever get into any sort of pastoral position until you get your act together.

Mar 4, 2020
It means a dead person (body in grave and soul either in heaven or Hades (torments)) doesn't know what going on around the world or in the place where they used to live. They are gone. But their bodies are here. Do you understand this?
Your words don’t even come close to matching what Ecclesiastes 9:5,6 says. You’re fooling no one.

Mar 4, 2020
Please stop lying. I never called you that.

It has several meanings and usages and I explained HOW I was using the word. And I NEVER included a crying drunk.

Such drama. "lashing out" by simply noting the truth.

Hasn't been, either, since you began your whining.

Really? Just more drama. I have never called you names, ever. I just refute your claims. How is that a "tantrum"? Can you explain that? Of course you can't. All you do is use highly charged (dramatic) words because your emotions are hyper-sensitive.

Rev 19:20 and Rev 20:10 actually do prove it.
I’m hyper sensitive? Yet I’m the one who doesn’t attack your character regardless of direct insults you’ve used against me. You also frequently use all caps which means screaming in Internet forums; your failure to not understand this doesn’t change peoples’ perception.

You know, there is a person behind every post. When you say someone has made an idiotic statement, or a stupid statement, etc then you’re saying they’re an idiot or stupid because there’s a person who produced that allegedly idiotic post. You’re not Christ-like.

You might think I’m hyper-sensitive, but I’m not. When I talk about these things it’s because I think you’re a troubled youth and need some counseling. Someone needs to teach you how to be a Christian man and learn some respect for people and the scriptures.

Dec 15, 2021
’m hyper sensitive? Yet I’m the one who doesn’t attack your character regardless of direct insults you’ve used against me. You also frequently use all caps which means screaming in Internet forums; your failure to not understand this doesn’t change peoples’ perception.
HEY, just wait, some of us started typing before there WAS an INTERNET and used the ALL CAPS for emphasis, not screaming, and it became a part of how we write. Then the RULES came and DEMANDED a change.

EVERY post I write I have to go back and UN CAP tons of words because if I think about it while I am writing I can't write at all. Just so you know, this is just a sample of how many words I would have to change and I haven't YELLED, not one time.

Some times I just get tired of changing them and sometimes I just REBEL at what others are telling me THEIR rules are and leave them. SO PLEASE, let it be.

Dec 15, 2021
You know, there is a person behind every post. When you say someone has made an idiotic statement, or a stupid statement, etc then you’re saying they’re an idiot or stupid because there’s a person who produced that allegedly idiotic post. You’re not Christ-like.
You made me think of

Matthew 5:21 Ye have heard that it was said of them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment:

Matthew 5:22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

4469 rhaka
Strong's Concordance
rhaka: empty (an expression of contempt)
Original Word: ῥακά
Part of Speech: Aramaic Transliterated Word (Indeclinable)
Transliteration: rhaka
Phonetic Spelling: (rhak-ah')
Definition: empty (an expression of contempt)
Usage: empty, foolish.
HELPS Word-studies
4469 rhaká (apparently related to the Aramaic term rōq, "empty") – properly, empty-headed. This term expressed contempt for a man's head, viewing him as stupid (without sense) – i.e. a "numbskull" who acts presumptuously and thoughtlessly (TDNT).

Just like people to be aware of what they will be held accountable for

Jan 31, 2021
c
Souls are permanent......... why are you attempting to associate the two?
Apparently I misunderstood your post. I thought you were using the example of Lot's wife to support what Runner was saying.

I agree that souls are permanent, and unfortunately Runner keeps describing that as "eternal life" when he should know better since it has been explained enough to him.

Jan 31, 2021
That’s false. The literal soul who sins shall die.
Your claims are false. You already know that the word "soul" can simply refer to a person. So plug that in. The person who sins shall die.

That, in context, is about capital punishment. You just don't want facts, since your mind is already made up.