andrew wommack

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

AngelCakes

has anyone on here heard of this Andrew Wommack guy? a lady that i know is really into him, but some of the stuff i've seen that he teaches is pretty out there.

Miss

May 18, 2013
I love listening to Andrew Womack teach:)

U

Ugly

It seems he is a Word of Faith teacher. Word of Faith teaching basically new age teaching in a bible wrapper.

A

AngelCakes

no one has anything else to add about this guy?

F

flight316

The people that I know that like him, like because he's just a regular guy, in plain chlotheswho teaches, in simple term, in a casual setting. I've seen his show, he seems ok.

S

savedandhopeful

I have seen his program a couple if times...seemed pretty straightforward to me...I did not find anything offensive.... But I do not know much about him

A

AngelCakes

he teaches that God is not in control of all things
he teaches that God actually needs us in order to accomplish His will
he teaches that mans 'free will' overrides God's will
he teaches that, if you are sick and want healing, you don't pray to God for healing. You talk directly to your ailment and tell it to leave you

i would say that his teaching is offensive, blasphemous, and anything but okay

J

J-Kay

he teaches that, if you are sick and want healing, you don't pray to God for healing. You talk directly to your ailment and tell it to leave you

So many are doing this now, Angel Cakes. It is good you expose what you know.
I used to watch him, but it was long time ago. Sorry to hear he fell into the trap.

Aug 2, 2013
Yes, I’ve heard of Wommack. Several Christians I fellowship with are into him and their understanding of his teaching regarding sin didn’t seem to line up with Scripture, so I took the time to check out his teaching in order to reason with these folks.

The first red flag one notices is Wommack’s criticism of traditional evangelical Christian theology, correcting it with his own spin on Biblical teachings.

As far as sin goes AM claims, “If you’re conscious of sin, then you truly don’t understand the grace of your salvation through Jesus” (Is Jesus Enough?)
Of David’s prayer of repentance after the Bathsheba affair (Psalms 51:10-12) Wommack says, “However, for us as New Testament believers to pray this same prayer would be an insult to what Christ has done for us” because,If you have made Jesus your Lord, you’ve become a new creature, and sin is no longer an issue between you and God” (Hebrew Highlights—based mostly on Hebrews chapters 9and 10, except he seems to ignore 10:26-31).

There is an element of truth in Wommack’s teaching; the believer’s sins are forgiven and there is no more condemnation (Rom. 8:1), however, that does not mean believers are not aware of and responsible for sins in their lives. Scripture teaches believers over and over not to ignore sin (1 Jn. 1:8) but to get rid of it (Hebrews 12:1; James 1:21). Believers are to confess their sins rather then deny they exist (Jn. 1:9, 10; James 5:16) for we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous (1 Jn. 2:1). Clearly, the believer is to be aware of sin in his/her life and repent of it just as David. Jesus taught his disciples to ask for forgiveness from sin when they prayed (Mt. 6:12; Lk. 11:4), and Paul taught that Godly sorrow resulting from sin brings repentance in a Christian’s life (2 Cor. 7:9-11).

To say a believer should not have a consciousness of sin is not Biblical. When a believer sins he grieves the Holy Spirit (Eph. 4:30), Paul was aware and concerned with sin in the Corinthian church (2 Cor. 11:29) and if believers see sin in a brother’s life, they are to confront him with it (Gal. 6:1; James 5:19; 1 Jn. 5:16). I guess Wommack thinks the believer should be oblivious to sin in his/her life while everyone around them is aware of it.
This is a concise overview of some of Wommack’s teaching that affected my friends. Some folks get carried away by the personality of various faith healers and teachers to their own loss. Personally, I learned long ago not to put faith in this type of ministry. Wommack’s teaching is like eating a Twinkie; it may feel good eating it, but in reality his teaching is hollow on the inside, crummy on the outside, and it sure isn’t good for you.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
I follow one simple rule when it comes to the teachings of man........

"put your faith in God!"

Dec 9, 2011
Hello
I listen to him on uhf, because i don't have cable tv,like his teachings,i hope he is not into the word of faith thing.

I like him because of his style,He comes on and he is sitting in a chair in a relaxed kind of way and its on early in the mourning right when I am drinking coffee.

his interpretation to me are eye opening,i never saw it the way he explains it.

B

Bate

Talking about Andrew Wommack? :)
Then talk about GRACE. :D

We would get him better.

L

ladylynn

Andrew Wommack is an excellent preacher teacher. He preaches the good news of the Gospel, Jesus and His grace and living in the new covenant of grace, not the law. It's all about Jesus and what He has done on the cross.

L

ladylynn

AngelCakes, your list of what Andrew Wommack teaches is just not true.
Wommack teaches God is in total control of all things. He teaches that God "uses" man to accomplish His will on planet earth ... He also teaches that man has free will and can decide not to obey and will not be blessed. Either way God's will will be done. Wommack has not taught man's will over rides God's. Man can obey and be blessed or disobey and miss that blessing. Wommack also teaches the believer prays to the Lord for healing not to the illness... I've listened to Wommack for over a year and have a few of his commentaries and no where does he teach what you have listed here.

I would say that mis representing another Christian is offensive, blasphemous and anything but OKay.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Last edited:
L

ladylynn

"fibbing" LOL crossnote,
The site you posted is one that calls Wommack a heretic. Certainly not a credible source. This site and others have misrepresented him just as they do other preachers and teachers who speak in tongues and believe in healing. Just as they misrepresent people like me who speak in tongues and believe in healing. The only heresy going on is the heresy spread about the preachers and teachers of the new covenant.

Many Christians are still under the burden of the old covenant and keeping the law in order to be righteous. The new covenant that Jesus brought is believing that Jesus paid for our sin and imputed HIS righteousness to us and we receive it as a gift.,not by our works.
(which is BTW what Wommack preaches)

The Bible says clearly in Romans 6:14 FOR SIN SHALL NOT HAVE DOMINION OVER YOU FOR YOU ARE NOT UNDER LAW BUT UNDER GRACE.

These sites that get posted up for links are so full of misinformation that I must advise anyone and everyone who is searching for the truth about someone to do your own listening and not go to these horrid sites that spread mis information.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Just saying there's lot's of controversy surrounding him, compared to other well tested and established teachers.
Why do you suppose there are so many sites speaking about and exposing him?

another..

Andrew Wommack | Apologetics Index

Last edited:
May 30, 2015
has anyone on here heard of this Andrew Wommack guy? a lady that i know is really into him, but some of the stuff i've seen that he teaches is pretty out there.
Andrew is a wonderful, humble, simple man of God who has the great gift of teaching. Anyone who hears from him learns something. He is not "out there". He speaks the truth.