andrew wommack

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

ladylynn

Well crossnote, why is there such a barrage of stuff out there and sites speaking against Grace and tongues and healing?? Because the enemy wants to keep the church weak in unbelief.

The enemy wants us to keep looking at people in the world, or the worlds circumstances and the illness and poverty and sickness of minds and hearts and bodies. If he can get us to focus on what unsaved people only have to see, then he as effectively kept God's people from beholding Jesus and what He has accomplished in and through us. And those who preach to look at beholding Jesus and believing in the promises and dare have faith in God and what His Word says, those believers and preachers and teachers are called heretics.

I read the last site you posted and it too is full of half truths and false reports. What do you expect crossnote?? Go to those sites and you'll keep getting regurgitated false information.

May 30, 2015
he teaches that God is not in control of all things
he teaches that God actually needs us in order to accomplish His will
he teaches that mans 'free will' overrides God's will
he teaches that, if you are sick and want healing, you don't pray to God for healing. You talk directly to your ailment and tell it to leave you

i would say that his teaching is offensive, blasphemous, and anything but okay
Well, then, you are only wrong.

May 30, 2015
Well, then, the fibbin' is your own. I find it disingenuous of people who claim to be Christians to sit there and consult with blogs and online articles to tear down known teachers of the word and cannot admit that they have never bothered to hear them speak or sit under their teaching themselves.

It's hypocrisy.

May 30, 2015
Just saying there's lot's of controversy surrounding him, compared to other well tested and established teachers.
Why do you suppose there are so many sites speaking about and exposing him?

another..

Andrew Wommack | Apologetics Index
And you want kudos for joining the mealy mouthed self-indulgent critics?

The reason there are many people against him is because he speaks the unvarnished truth--something you and many others around this site seem to be allergic to!

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Ok I see we are surrounding the wagons by a bunch of Wommackers. Is this some kind of cult leader?
Ah, nevermind, I don't want to get into this any further, it will be fruitless. I don't esteem any man as I see what is happening here.

May 30, 2015
Ok I see we are surrounding the wagons by a bunch of Wommackers. Is this some kind of cult leader?
Ah, nevermind, I don't want to get into this any further, it will be fruitless. I don't esteem any man as I see what is happening here.
Try doing the intelligent thing if you can. Watch him for one week and then come and discuss it. Until you actually know what you're talking about, you come off as a twit, and with no credibility.

U

Ugly

Copy/pasted from Andrew Wommacks web site...
"The real power, the real energy, the real benefit of the Word of God comes when you meditate in it. Take a truth and get to the place where you can imagine it. Meditation means to imagine. You have to see it on the inside before you see it on the outside."

"God’s Word is a powerful weapon to overcome. Godly meditation is one way you activate it. Learn how to unlock the power of your imagination and experience the abundant life God has for you."

He is teaching to use your imagination, through meditation, to use the 'real energy' to change your circumstances. This is the same kind of teaching taught in new age. Except there it's called 'visualization', not imagination.

Here is an example of this explanation taken from a new age website "Creating internal mental images (internal visualization and imagination)
  • A technique of relaxation, whereby images that invoke a relaxed state are visualized"

The rest of the story goes on to talk about how, through her imagination, a little girl who was fearful found peace through using meditation.

May 30, 2015
Copy/pasted from Andrew Wommacks web site...
"The real power, the real energy, the real benefit of the Word of God comes when you meditate in it. Take a truth and get to the place where you can imagine it. Meditation means to imagine. You have to see it on the inside before you see it on the outside."

"God’s Word is a powerful weapon to overcome. Godly meditation is one way you activate it. Learn how to unlock the power of your imagination and experience the abundant life God has for you."

He is teaching to use your imagination, through meditation, to use the 'real energy' to change your circumstances. This is the same kind of teaching taught in new age. Except there it's called 'visualization', not imagination.

Here is an example of this explanation taken from a new age website "Creating internal mental images (internal visualization and imagination)
  • A technique of relaxation, whereby images that invoke a relaxed state are visualized"

The rest of the story goes on to talk about how, through her imagination, a little girl who was fearful found peace through using meditation.
He is teaching us to meditate on the word. He often speaks, as other good bible teachers do, about how Abraham was encouraged by God Himself to use his imagination concerning the stars of the sky as his future descendants, to encourage his faith.

A holy imagination is a good thing. Don't go running off half-cocked about it.

Yet

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
A couple of reasons I believe. When a man gets all his open doors for ministry, pride can take hold. Then the inflowing bucks.
The love of money becomes a problem which is the root of you know what.
The pride of basking in the light leads to the fall 'into error.'

Google 'preachers gone wild'! It's total satanic chaos with these charlatans. They have been exposed. God is done with them.

Read 'Others may, You Cannot', and then fall on your knees and thank God He's kept you small.

God has an army hid in obscurity. Being refined outside the lime light.

I used to to read everything Wilkerson wrote. Then he just had to do it. He put Reverend in front of his name. It means awesome in Hebrew.
Only One Whose Name is awesome. See: psalm 111. Men are taking on God's position, titles, and praise!

Im telling you the ego thing is a a killer along with the influx of big bucks that arrives through begging.

Turn off the cash vomiting golden spicket and these hucksters would vaporize.

I offer to minister for free and people run from me scared witless. They think I'm a cult or something. That's how ingrained falsehood is. Would to God people would study their bibles.

Last edited:
S

SiNi

Absolutely right FancyNancy,

Meditation simply means to concentrate on, think in depth about until it becomes a part of your thinking. That's why God's Word tells to be transormed by the renewing of your mind with the 'washing of the water' of the Word. How long does it take to wash your clothes in the washing machine? Does the water just fill it up, a few spins then finish? Nope, it's in there for a while to wash the same clothes until all the 'dirt' is out. We've got to keep thinking over the 'truth' until it washes all the lies out!!

Please also brothers and sisters let us remember God's Word that we love each other fervently ...this is how they know we are born of God, because we love one another. 1 John 4.7

notuptome

May 17, 2013
Just another ear tickler? I do not know nor have I seen a doctrinal statement from this guy. I hope he has a doctrinal statement for folks to read. There does seem to be some commonality between his supporters and the crowd supporting Creflo Dollar and Joyce Meyers.

Nothing I have seen so far instills any confidence toward his teachings. I'm going to stick with Jesus but thanks for your concern.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

B

Bate

Haha at times this makes me wonder; How almost every credible person such as a preacher would be attacked in such a way.

Anyway, Jesus was attacked too; moreover for the truth! People will always find a reason, but since He overcame the world......so let it be..... Big up men of God. :D

Otherwise, it's all about Christ and His finished work at the cross; for us. (let's know Him more and make Him known).

Blessing! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
J

JesusIsAll

[video=youtube;xXR8xZRAjaY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXR8xZRAjaY[/video]

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012

[video=youtube;xXR8xZRAjaY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXR8xZRAjaY[/video]

Nauseating blasphemies such as "God spoke Jesus into existence."
These cult followers here of Wommack need to wake up, smell the coffee and read the Scriptures.

J

JesusIsAll

Nauseating blasphemies such as "God spoke Jesus into existence."
These cult followers here of Wommack need to wake up, smell the coffee and read the Scriptures.
It's incredible, so much, from so many charlatans, straight from hell. What's disturbing is one should flat-out see these charlatans for what they are. What spirit do people have that is leading them into truth, who champion false prophets?

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
It's incredible, so much, from so many charlatans, straight from hell. What's disturbing is one should flat-out see these charlatans for what they are. What spirit do people have that is leading them into truth, who champion false prophets?
I don't watch Christian tv so this guy has definitely gone under my radar as the speaker expressed. The first I heard of him was a couple days ago from a group here on CC. Seems like a number of them came out of the closet recently.
These aren't christians but cultists, beware.

Jun 19, 2015
Just another ear tickler? I do not know nor have I seen a doctrinal statement from this guy. I hope he has a doctrinal statement for folks to read. There does seem to be some commonality between his supporters and the crowd supporting Creflo Dollar and Joyce Meyers.

Nothing I have seen so far instills any confidence toward his teachings. I'm going to stick with Jesus but thanks for your concern.

For the cause of Christ
Roger
Statement of faith by AWM
About Us - Statement of Faith - Andrew Wommack Ministries

[SIZE=+2]Statement of Faith[/SIZE]

1. We believe the Bible is inspired and empowered by God, infallible and authoritative.

2. We believe in one eternal God who exists as three separate persons; the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

3. We believe Jesus Christ is the Son of God, born of a virgin, lived a sinless life as He walked among men, demonstrated the authority and power of God in works and speech, died on the cross, rose from the dead on the third day, and is now seated at the right hand of God having accomplished all that is necessary for man's salvation.

4. We believe it is essential for man to repent of sin and by faith receive the finished work of Christ by confessing Him as Lord with his mouth and believing in his heart resulting in regeneration by the Holy Spirit.

5. We believe the Holy Spirit is continuing the work He started at Pentecost empowering believers to live a godly life and continue in all the works of Jesus.

6. We believe in the imminent return of Jesus and that those who have believed in Him will be resurrected to a heavenly dwelling in an incorruptible body, and those who do not believe will join Satan and his host in everlasting punishment.

7. We believe the true Church is composed of all born-again believers in Christ, regardless of denominational affiliation.

8. We believe all born-again believers have been commissioned to share the complete Gospel to all the world.

(NOTE: It is difficult to tell all we believe in 8 sentences, but we make this statement of faith available to those who ask for one so they will know we are Bible-believing Christians. Listening to our teachings will give you much more information. We appreciate your interest in growing in the things of the Lord!)

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Statement of faith by AWM
About Us - Statement of Faith - Andrew Wommack Ministries

[SIZE=+2]Statement of Faith[/SIZE]

1. We believe the Bible is inspired and empowered by God, infallible and authoritative.

2. We believe in one eternal God who exists as three separate persons; the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

3. We believe Jesus Christ is the Son of God, born of a virgin, lived a sinless life as He walked among men, demonstrated the authority and power of God in works and speech, died on the cross, rose from the dead on the third day, and is now seated at the right hand of God having accomplished all that is necessary for man's salvation.

4. We believe it is essential for man to repent of sin and by faith receive the finished work of Christ by confessing Him as Lord with his mouth and believing in his heart resulting in regeneration by the Holy Spirit.

5. We believe the Holy Spirit is continuing the work He started at Pentecost empowering believers to live a godly life and continue in all the works of Jesus.

6. We believe in the imminent return of Jesus and that those who have believed in Him will be resurrected to a heavenly dwelling in an incorruptible body, and those who do not believe will join Satan and his host in everlasting punishment.

7. We believe the true Church is composed of all born-again believers in Christ, regardless of denominational affiliation.

8. We believe all born-again believers have been commissioned to share the complete Gospel to all the world.

(NOTE: It is difficult to tell all we believe in 8 sentences, but we make this statement of faith available to those who ask for one so they will know we are Bible-believing Christians. Listening to our teachings will give you much more information. We appreciate your interest in growing in the things of the Lord!)
Too bad Wommack doesn't believe that Statement. He contradicts many of those points in the above video.
Let people view both and decide for themselves.

E

eternally-gratefull

wow. I only listened to it for a two minutes, and got this.
Man made satan who he is! WHAT??

Satan did crucify Jesus, But He did not kill Jesus or take him to hell. Jesus allowed himself to die physically, He gave up his Ghost, Satan did not take it.

A pig, and even fungus has more authority than satan.. WHAT?? Did Not Jesus call satan the ruler of this world? the father of the cosmos system, Does this guy even read scripture?

God spoke him into existence? He was not around before he came to earth? no need to even go further, He denys who Jesus was.

all you people trying to stick up for this man. I gave ya the benefit of the doubt by not reading what Crossnote posted to get my own opinion by listening to the man, But now that I have heard his literal words. You people better run and hide, and find another man who professes the truth of Gods word. I could not even listen to anything else.. Unless someone can show me where he was taken out of context in these clips (although I do not know how you can do that) this is nuts!

J

JesusIsAll

I don't watch Christian tv so this guy has definitely gone under my radar as the speaker expressed. The first I heard of him was a couple days ago from a group here on CC. Seems like a number of them came out of the closet recently.
These aren't christians but cultists, beware.

I've always done some following of cults and charlatans, to see what the enemy is up to, like having an awareness of mental illness and criminal mentalities, knowing your enemies, knowing their thinking processes, motivations and methods of operation. Make this point of having some awareness of their nuances, and it all becomes self evident: they hang themselves, in short order, especially upon scriptural scrutiny.

Their behavior is also steeped in acting, often bad acting, like psychopaths mimic emotion they lack, phony and exaggerated mimicry of the real thing around the edges, the faith not an emotional circus, never was, many of these charlatans having nothing resembling the church of the New Testament, and these money grubbing hucksters, merchandising Christianity, no resemblance to the apostles.

People who can't see this can only be seeing through some other eyes than those of God. There is no getting around this. For some reason, they are deceived. Not good!