Angel Of Death

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

Grey

No bubble to burst...I am attempting to increase my knowledge by engaging intelligent dialogue. Thanks for the reality check concerning your views.

Respectfully,
Livingepistle

Thank you as well

Feb 17, 2010
When I die I hope this happens to me.... Luk 16:22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
If you notice, when the bible talks of physical death as sleep it is in the OT. We know there was atonement in Christ before Christ lived with us in the flesh, and we know that was only through the sacrificial system. When Christ lived with us there was a change in that system. The atonement through the symbol of Christ of animal blood became obsolete, now it was through Christ. The difference is shown to us right away, for Christ told the thief who died on the cross with Him that he would, that day, be with Him in paradise. Physical death is spoken of in a different way after the cross. Christ did not say of death that the thief would sleep with him.
Great comment and whether we live or die we are the Lord's. Come on Angel of death or whatever I long to be home in Christ as I am now in the spirit already. I find by welcoming it has a deep overcoming in Christ who already overcame it all for us
Romans 14:7For none of us lives for ourselves alone, and none of us dies for ourselves alone.

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
1 Corinthians 15:51 King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

1 Corinthians 15:6 King James 2000 Bible (©2003)
After that, he was seen of over five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain until now, but some are fallen asleep.

1 Corinthians 15:18 King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
Then they also which are fallen asleep in Christ are perished.

These scriptures are my references to "sleep". When referencing the "lost" in the NT many times refer to eternal death or just died, death, etc.

I appreciated this response. Thanks
1 Cor 15 this is waht this chapter is about 15:2
1 Corinthians 15:2By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain.

1 Corinthians 15:3For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures,
1 Corinthians 15:4that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures,
1 Corinthians 15:6After that, he appeared to more than five hundred of the brothers and sisters at the same time, most of whom are still living, though some have fallen asleep.

Some here have past on it states (dead bodies in the grave) most at the time of this being stated written are still here with us but some have past on not here on earth dead. But those that beleived their Spirits are with Christ in Heavenand their Old Bodies are in the grave, waiting for the last trumpet to be reunited with a new Body together with the Spirit of God made 100% whole
Then Paul goes on to preach on about the resurrection of Christ that if we do not believe that Christ is risen from the dead then our faith is in vain andwe are still in our sins if christ is not risen.
1 Corinthians 15:13If there is no resurrection of the dead, then not even Christ has been raised.
1 Corinthians 15:14And if Christ has not been raised, our preaching is useless and so is your faith.
1 Corinthians 15:16For if the dead are not raised, then Christ has not been raised either.
1 Corinthians 15:17And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins.
1 Corinthians 15:50I declare to you, brothers and sisters, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable.
1 Corinthians 15:51Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed—
1 Corinthians 15:52in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed.

This is where we get our new incorrubtible bodies never die again never get sick the old world will be gone the new will have begun Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So those that are asleep their old bodies (dead in the grave) not their Spirits the Spirits are alive in and with God then we that are dead will be raised to new bodies and our Spirits will be untied as one whole being at the last trumpet.
Now I already believe I am dead here and now in this unreedeemed body, so I can serve God in Spirit and truth
As Romans 6:11 asks for us to beleive here and now that we are dead to sin here and now, so we then can be alive to God here and now

homwardbound

Oct 24, 2012
When I die I hope this happens to me.... Luk 16:22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;
God is Faithful Cobus and you have asked,therefore you shall recieve God is this loving inspite of us being so unloving being of this human flesh
Revelation 22:17The Spirit and the bride say, “Come!” And let the one who hears say, “Come!” Let the one who is thirsty come; and let the one who wishes take the free gift of the water of life.