Angels in the Bible

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

louis

Nov 1, 2017
Lets talk about angels in the Bible...what are their roles and purpose.
And question...do they have wings?

It seems angels like to announce births...but they also do a bit of divine intervention in other ways, for example, Joseph did NOT divorce Mary after the angel gave him counsel.

They broke Peter out of jail and got Jesus out of the tomb.
They rescued Lot.
They showed John around heaven.
And many other amazing things....but why is it that we could entertain angels unawares? Are we humans amusing to them? What did Jesus mean when he said in heaven we will be as angels? Angels dont marry...are they neither male nor female..?
I believe God's angel's primary function is to enlighten us.
They are the Lord's ministers of fire. (Hebrews 1:7)
In contrast, Satan's angels primary function is to provide us false enlightenment. (2 Corinthians 11:14).

Hebrews 1:7 And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire.

2 Corinthians 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
There is a big difference between God needing something and God wanting something.. God does not need anything from us or Angels.. But God wants / desires things from us and Angels..

God decided to use Angels on the day of the LORD's resurrection.. He did not NEED to use Angels.. He wanted to use Angels and thus He did..
I am saying Jesus as a man had angels help him. He did not do it alone, the other poster implied Jesus did it all by himself. I dont think so, the Bible doesnt agree with that.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I believe God's angel's primary function is to enlighten us.
They are the Lord's ministers of fire. (Hebrews 1:7)
In contrast, Satan's angels primary function is to provide us false enlightenment. (2 Corinthians 11:14).

Hebrews 1:7 And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire.

2 Corinthians 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
Interesting, that or to act as Gods servants. I wonder if people can discern the difference between the true light and the false one. IN God there is no darkness at all, not a shadow of his turning.

There are a few references to fallen angels, the ones who will eventually be cast into the lake of fire.

There have been a few religions that refer to angels and they would be fallen ones eg moroni in mormonism, ones in islam, and a whole lot in new age circles. Also there are some cults that believe Jesus actually is an angel.

Mar 28, 2016
Interesting, that or to act as Gods servants. I wonder if people can discern the difference between the true light and the false one. IN God there is no darkness at all, not a shadow of his turning.

There are a few references to fallen angels, the ones who will eventually be cast into the lake of fire.

There have been a few religions that refer to angels and they would be fallen ones eg moroni in mormonism, ones in islam, and a whole lot in new age circles. Also there are some cults that believe Jesus actually is an angel.

I would agree angels as ministering spirts or lying spirits have no form. No DNA as rudiments of this world. But are sent out by Satan the chief of the falling angels (1/3) as lying spirits sent out in a attempt at make the word of God without effect, This is seen from the very foundation by words the father of lies put in a creatures mouth. Did God really say?

Satan the antichrist (singular) therefore needs human form called antichrists (plural). There were many there during the first century and most likely before according to 1 John .

Satan the antichrist performed the same kind of illusion he did in the garden Eden putting his thoughts in a attempt at making the word of God to no effect, with Peter .

Peter was forgiven of dening Christ or blasphemy against the Son of man Jesus as seen . But today blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is not forgivable.

Then Peter took him, and began to rebuke him, saying, Be it far from thee, Lord: this shall not be unto thee. But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.Mathew16:22-23

Therefore using the things of men seen to make the things of God not seen to no effect . The description as the method of operation is revealed in 1 John 2. Warning us to not believe we need a man seen like Peter or any man to teach us.

Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist (singular) shall come, even now are there many antichrists; (plural) whereby we know that it is the last time. They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things.I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth.Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son. Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father.And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life. These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you. But the anointing which ye have received of him (not seen) abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him. 1 John2: 18 -27

louis

Nov 1, 2017

Unfortunately, the devil and his angels currently deceive all mankind according to Revelation 12:9.
So, while many of us here on this forum can distinguish better than the general public between the Lords enlightenment and the devils false enlightenment, we still are all fooled to varying degrees.

Revelation 12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

Apr 15, 2017
It could be the male pronoun is a generic term like we say all mankind meaning both male and female its not meaning angels cant be female i.e having feminine characteristics, then again it may be moot angels are angels and therefore genderless. Because they do not reproduce or need to.
There is no female angels, for there is no gender between angels, and people in heaven, which is why Jesus said the saints do not marry in heaven, but are like the angels.

Angels are known by masculine pronouns for they are greater than people until the saints get their glorified body, then the saints are greater than the angels, for the angels desire to look in to the salvation of the saints.

The only thing that separates a man and a woman is the flesh, the soul, and spirit are the same, and when they put off the flesh, and have a glorified body then there is no gender between them, for the glorified body is the same for them, and that is the way the angels are too the angelic body being the same with no difference between them, so the angels have no gender.

I think females like to believe there are female angels, like some women like to believe God is female, like some African Americans like to believe Jesus was black, as well as Moses, as some people like to portray Jesus having Caucasian features, and Europe likes to believe they are the lost tribes of Israel, like some African Americans like to believe they are the true Jews from the tribe of Judah, like some women like to believe the world would be a better place being run by women, even though the new age movement that will pave the way to the world rebelling against God the biggest influence is Alice Bailey, who was following a woman Madam Blavatsky, and the women in the new age movement know they have to take away many people to have their kingdom.

Because even though we should look at each other as equal many people still have to exalt their gender, and ethnic group upon this earth.

But although it may upset many women there are no female angels.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
There is no female angels, for there is no gender between angels, and people in heaven, which is why Jesus said the saints do not marry in heaven, but are like the angels.

Angels are known by masculine pronouns for they are greater than people until the saints get their glorified body, then the saints are greater than the angels, for the angels desire to look in to the salvation of the saints.

The only thing that separates a man and a woman is the flesh, the soul, and spirit are the same, and when they put off the flesh, and have a glorified body then there is no gender between them, for the glorified body is the same for them, and that is the way the angels are too the angelic body being the same with no difference between them, so the angels have no gender.

I think females like to believe there are female angels, like some women like to believe God is female, like some African Americans like to believe Jesus was black, as well as Moses, as some people like to portray Jesus having Caucasian features, and Europe likes to believe they are the lost tribes of Israel, like some African Americans like to believe they are the true Jews from the tribe of Judah, like some women like to believe the world would be a better place being run by women, even though the new age movement that will pave the way to the world rebelling against God the biggest influence is Alice Bailey, who was following a woman Madam Blavatsky, and the women in the new age movement know they have to take away many people to have their kingdom.

Because even though we should look at each other as equal many people still have to exalt their gender, and ethnic group upon this earth.

But although it may upset many women there are no female angels.
I dont think so it doesnt upset me that Jesus is male.
I think angels are genderless.

The interesting thing is while male Jews were the worst at exalting their ethnic group and gender, most of them reject Jesus as their Messiah and King to this day. He was their own flesh and blood. Interestingly, Israel and Judah never had a Queen, but there was the Queen of Sheba who was so impressed by King Solomon.

Am still not quite understanding the power on a womans head thing because of the angels though. It seems this does not apply to men, only women. What is this referring to?

L

LPT

I dont think so it doesnt upset me that Jesus is male.
I think angels are genderless.

The interesting thing is while male Jews were the worst at exalting their ethnic group and gender, most of them reject Jesus as their Messiah and King to this day. He was their own flesh and blood. Interestingly, Israel and Judah never had a Queen, but there was the Queen of Sheba who was so impressed by King Solomon.

Am still not quite understanding the power on a womans head thing because of the angels though. It seems this does not apply to men, only women. What is this referring to?
Athaliah

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Oh yes stand corrected..she was evil. And not queen for very long...she usurped the throne. Daughter of Ahab and Jezebel, Jezebel worshipped foreign gods. This was Judah though I dont recall any queens for Israel.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
I am saying Jesus as a man had angels help him. He did not do it alone, the other poster implied Jesus did it all by himself. I dont think so, the Bible doesnt agree with that.
Well the Bible reveals the Angels played a part in the event.. So as a Christian i believe they played a part in the event.. It's that simple really..

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016

I believe they both islam and mormonism could have been founded by fallen angels aligned with satan..

A true angel will never give a message in conflict to the Gospel.. Both muhammad and joseph smith received messages in conflict with the Gospel..

Paul gave warning that this could happen..

Galatians 1: KJV
{6} "I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel: {7} Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ. {8} But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed."

Now the only reason why Paul would give such a warning is if the Holy Spirit knew that it would be attempted..

bluto

Aug 4, 2016

It seems angels like to announce births...but they also do a bit of divine intervention in other ways, for example, Joseph did NOT divorce Mary after the angel gave him counsel.

They rescued Lot.
And many other amazing things....but why is it that we could entertain angels unawares? Are we humans amusing to them? What did Jesus mean when he said in heaven we will be as angels? Angels dont marry...are they neither male nor female..?
Then there is the most important angel of all! That would be the angel of the Lord who first appears as the angel of the Lord at Genesis 16:7. Who do you think he is? :eek:

IN THE ANGEL OF THE LORD,
bluto

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
SIGH..........are you not aware that those are all names of Satan?
Oh dear, can you not simply admit you missed the mention of angel names in Scripture? Must you mope around moaning and sighing in an attempt to cover for your omission? Whether they all point to the same entity is immaterial.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
She could be just groaning in the spirit if she doesnt have the gift of tongues....because God doesnt give that gift to everyone. Theres also wormwood although its a star, it falls to earth. Sometimes in the bible stars and angels mean the same thing...a heavenly body.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Then there is the most important angel of all! That would be the angel of the Lord who first appears as the angel of the Lord at Genesis 16:7. Who do you think he is? :eek:

bluto
The angel of the Lord of course. Does the angel have to have a name?

bluto

Aug 4, 2016
The angel of the Lord of course. Does the angel have to have a name?
He sure does, His name is "Wonderful." :eek:

bluto

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I was thinking of angels how they seem to be a higher being than man but also look like men just with wings. The thread on giants seem to ties in with women being a target of fallen angels, since they are all male and looking to reproduce and that somehow hair is a covering for women. That somehow women need protecting more than men. 'The power on her head, because of the angels' 'i will put eminity between your seed and her seed and it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel'

When people say the angels in heaven dont reproduce, they are right, but what about the fallen angels, they are looking to reproduce and will use fornication and seduction as a means to do it? Does being the cast down 1/3 of all angels mean they want to make up the population because they know they are outnumbered?

In revelation 5:11 it gives a great number of angels round the throne.

Any more insights?

blueluna5

Jul 30, 2018

They rescued Lot.

They rescued Lot.
I've had a near death experience before so I'll just share my take of it from my experience. I'm not an expert or anything.

Angels do not have wings. They appear as a god like being. As a matter of fact when I awoke I thought it was Jesus.

They are known for announcing births in the bible but that's not all they do. We all have them. They are very close...like I said I thought it was God.

When he approached me I could feel his emotions which was love. He also spoke to my mind and told me that. I could also feel his holiness and glory. I described it as being pure and beautiful. Even though he was in the form of a man, I did not think of him as such. He was his own entity.

He was very powerful and when he spoke I could barely take the power and love that went through me. Not really a way to describe that...as I haven't experienced anything like it before.

As far as being like angels, they radiate God's love and God's love goes through them. We will be the same way. He looked at me like I was the same as him and deeply loved. He expressed that I was loved by thoughts, feelings, and voice. I was also afraid of him and so maybe that's why he kept showing me God's love.

I honestly don't know how I'll handle those kind of emotions for all eternity but I'm looking forward to it. Lol It is the void every person is feeling. It is why people fill it with other things...