Gen. 16
7 "And the angel of the LORD found her by a fountain of water in the wilderness, by the fountain in the way to Shur.;
8 And he said, Hagar, Sarai's maid, whence camest thou? and whither wilt thou go? And she said, I flee from the face of my mistress Sarai.;
9 And the angel of the LORD said unto her, Return to thy mistress, and submit thyself under her hands.;
10 And the angel of the LORD said unto her, I will multiply thy seed exceedingly, that it shall not be numbered for multitude.;
11 And the angel of the LORD said unto her, Behold, thou art with child and shalt bear a son, and shalt call his name Ishmael; because the LORD hath heard thy affliction."
We are those angels. We are in flesh bodies at this point in time due to what happened to cause all of this, but we were angels before and we will be angels again:
In order for GOD to know Jeremiah before he was formed in the belly, Jeremiah had to be somewhere.
Jer 1:5 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.
This angel says he was one of the prophets. There is no such thing as an angel prophet. Only men were prophets (Jeremiah, Ezekiel, Daniel, etc.).
Rev 22:8 And I John saw these things, and heard them. And when I had heard and seen, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel which shewed me these things.
Rev 22:9 Then saith he unto me, See thou do it not: for I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren the prophets, and of them which keep the sayings of this book: worship God.
Angels are and were powerful beings, and that is what we were before coming here in the flesh. That is what we will be again when we are changed into that spirit body that is described in 1st Corinthians chapter fifteen.