Angels

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
Addressing a few other points.

Some simply cannot see the forest for the trees. It is so glaringly obvious that the reason the fallen angels are in Tartarus is PRECISELY BECAUSE they left their habitation IN HEAVEN where they CANNOT MATE!

Matthew 22:30 New King James Version (NKJV)
30 For in the resurrection they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels [a]of God IN HEAVEN

On a side note, the Bulls of Bashan that compassed Jesus as He hung the Cross weren't a bunch of cattle, but rather the spirits of nephillim, or what we would call demons.

Nov 26, 2012
Yeah, that answers what has been presented from scripture, right? Re-hashed ... wait I said that already ...

I am not even off of page 20 yet and the study is about 166 pages ... you might want to start actually reading ...
I did start reading and cross checked your references. One was reaching and the other was a direct quote referring to Christ as a son of God. Why would I waste my valuable time? Maybe you should follow.

PyongPing

Oct 9, 2018
www.worldincrisis.org
... the other was a direct quote referring to Christ as a son of God. ...
Um, Jesus is the Son of God. He is the prime example, spiritually, which is why it was cited. That you do not understand why it was cited, does not make the citation in error.

The other is your subjective opinion, which I may safely ignore.

PyongPing

Oct 9, 2018
www.worldincrisis.org
Addressing a few other points.

Some simply cannot see the forest for the trees. It is so glaringly obvious that the reason the fallen angels are in Tartarus is PRECISELY BECAUSE they left their habitation IN HEAVEN where they CANNOT MATE!

Matthew 22:30 New King James Version (NKJV)
30 For in the resurrection they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels [a]of God IN HEAVEN

So according to your theology, the Heavenly angel 'Gabriel' (who, among many millions of other angels, as messengers of God to the people of earth) can take a human wife ("wives" (plural even)) while on earth, and then when he goes back to Heaven ...? What happens? I am curious to know. Does he have to pay child support while away in Heaven? Should he have used 'protection'? Can we call CPS on him? What if while on earth, Gabriel is taking care of his child while driving his SUV, and then suddenly has to leave back to Heaven, does the police get called for leaving a child in a car while running?

Does his child get any extra points to qualify for the mutant minority scholarship at college?

I want to know ... (the spirit of Elijah is alive and well ...)

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
Yeah, that answers what has been presented from scripture, right? Re-hashed ... wait I said that already ...

I am not even off of page 20 yet and the study is about 166 pages ... you might want to start actually reading ...

Dude, why don't you simply answers the questions without publishing your manifesto that likely nobody has any intention of reading?

How bout this one.

Here is just ONE such passage where God tells the Children of Israel to kill every man, woman, child, and baby.

1 Samuel 15:3 New King James Version (NKJV)
3 Now go and attack[a] Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and do not spare them. But kill both man and woman, infant and nursing child, ox and sheep, camel and donkey.’ ”

Here we have men, who instructed BY GOD, looking little kids in the eye while they run their swords through them.

If God is not trying to eliminate fallen angel DNA, please explain these instructions.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
So according to your theology, the Heavenly angel 'Gabriel' (who, among many millions of other angels, as messengers of God to the people of earth) can take a human wife ("wives" (plural even)) while on earth, and then when he goes back to Heaven ...? What happens? I am curious to know. Does he have to pay child support while away in Heaven? Should he have used 'protection'? Can we call CPS on him? What if while on earth, Gabriel is taking care of his child while driving his SUV, and then suddenly has to leave back to Heaven, does the police get called for leaving a child in a car while running?

Does his child get any extra points to qualify for the mutant minority scholarship at college?

Gabriel did NOT abandon his habitation. He was instructed by God to convey messages. Why are the fallen angels in Tartarus?

PyongPing

Oct 9, 2018
www.worldincrisis.org
Here is just ONE such passage where God tells the Children of Israel to kill every man, woman, child, and baby.
Uh-huh. Kill all the men, woman and children. They're all mankind, rebellious sinners, whose time of probation was up. Where is the mention of angels?

1Sa 15:2 Thus saith the LORD of hosts, I remember that which Amalek did to Israel, how he laid wait for him in the way, when he came up from Egypt.​
Deu_25:17 Remember what Amalek did unto thee by the way, when ye were come forth out of Egypt;​

Amaleks entire genealogical line back to Adam is in scripture:

Gen_36:12 And Timna was concubine to Eliphaz Esau's son; and she bare to Eliphaz Amalek: these were the sons of Adah Esau's wife.​
Psa 83:6 The tabernacles of Edom, and the Ishmaelites; of Moab, and the Hagarenes;​
Psa 83:7 Gebal, and Ammon, and Amalek; the Philistines with the inhabitants of Tyre;​

and it even gives the reason why they were to be destroyed.

Exo 17:8 Then came Amalek, and fought with Israel in Rephidim.​
Exo_17:14 And the LORD said unto Moses, Write this for a memorial in a book, and rehearse it in the ears of Joshua: for I will utterly put out the remembrance of Amalek from under heaven.​
Exo_17:16 For he said, Because the LORD hath sworn that the LORD will have war with Amalek from generation to generation.​
Num_24:20 And when he looked on Amalek, he took up his parable, and said, Amalek was the first of the nations; but his latter end shall be that he perish for ever.​
Deu_25:19 Therefore it shall be, when the LORD thy God hath given thee rest from all thine enemies round about, in the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee for an inheritance to possess it, that thou shalt blot out the remembrance of Amalek from under heaven; thou shalt not forget it.​

Anything about angels? Anything about your hybrids eisegesis? Nope.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
Uh-huh. Kill all the men, woman and children. They're all mankind, rebellious sinners, whose time of probation was up. Where is the mention of angels?

1Sa 15:2 Thus saith the LORD of hosts, I remember that which Amalek did to Israel, how he laid wait for him in the way, when he came up from Egypt.​
Deu_25:17 Remember what Amalek did unto thee by the way, when ye were come forth out of Egypt;​

Amaleks entire genealogical line back to Adam is in scripture:

Gen_36:12 And Timna was concubine to Eliphaz Esau's son; and she bare to Eliphaz Amalek: these were the sons of Adah Esau's wife.​
Psa 83:6 The tabernacles of Edom, and the Ishmaelites; of Moab, and the Hagarenes;​
Psa 83:7 Gebal, and Ammon, and Amalek; the Philistines with the inhabitants of Tyre;​

and it even gives the reason why they were to be destroyed.

Exo 17:8 Then came Amalek, and fought with Israel in Rephidim.​
Exo_17:14 And the LORD said unto Moses, Write this for a memorial in a book, and rehearse it in the ears of Joshua: for I will utterly put out the remembrance of Amalek from under heaven.​
Exo_17:16 For he said, Because the LORD hath sworn that the LORD will have war with Amalek from generation to generation.​
Num_24:20 And when he looked on Amalek, he took up his parable, and said, Amalek was the first of the nations; but his latter end shall be that he perish for ever.​
Deu_25:19 Therefore it shall be, when the LORD thy God hath given thee rest from all thine enemies round about, in the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee for an inheritance to possess it, that thou shalt blot out the remembrance of Amalek from under heaven; thou shalt not forget it.​

Anything about angels? Anything about your hybrids eisegesis? Nope.
Another forest for the trees moment! Lol

You yourself say we can go back and trace Amalek's GENETICS!!!
Exactly right!

Didn't know if you knew this or not, but we are ALL sinners. How ridiculous to think that it was garden variety sin that caused God to kill babies!

That's a pretty awful evangelism tactic.

Questioning unbeliever: " Why did God command His people to kill little kids"
YOUR ANSWER: "Well, ya see, their parents were sinners so the little kids had to have a sword thrust through them, now I know that YOU are a sinner too, but don't worry, I'm sure the Lord won't kill your kids"

Can you see how ludicrous that is?

PyongPing

Oct 9, 2018
www.worldincrisis.org
Why are the fallen angels
2Pe_2:4 For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;

Isa_14:13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:

Jud 1:6 And the angels which kept not their first estate (arch-office, positions given them by God, and sought other positions not meant for them; as Lucifer did and sought after Jesus' position), but left their own habitation (place of dwelling; as Lucifer left his place of being the anointed covering cherub by the Throne/Ark of God, in the immediate presence of God (as Gabriel, now is, Luke 1:19); Ezekiel 28:14), he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

That you abuse 2 Cor. 5:2, in Peter's symbolical use, and apply that to Jude 1:6, is simply unconscionable. It's also a misuse of a concordance, and a misunderstanding of how the Bible defines itself, in proper contexts, for the word "habitation" is used numerous other times in scripture (I already know what you'll say, regard 'the Greek', save it, please, really ...)

"habitation" - Exodus 15:2,13; Leviticus 13:46; Deuteronomy 12:5, 26:15; 1 Samuel 2:29,32; 2 Samuel 15:25; 2 Chronicles 6:2, 29:6; Ezra 7:15; Job 5:3,24, 8:6,15; Psalms 26:8, 33:14, 68:5, 69:25, 71:3, 89:14, 91:9, 97:2, 104:12, 107:7,36, 132:5; Proverbs 3:33; Isaiah 22:16, 27:10, 32:18, 33:20, 34:13, 35:7, 63:15; Jeremiah 9:6, 10:25, 25:30, 31:23, 33:12, 41:17, 49:19, 50:7,19,44,45; Ezekiel 29:14; Daniel 4:21; Obadiah 1:3; Habakkuk 3:11; Zechariah 2:13; Acts 1:20, 17:26; Ephesians 2:22; Jude 1:6; Revelation 18:2

"habitations" - Genesis 36:43, 49:5; Exodus 12:20, 35:3; Leviticus 23:17; Numbers 15:2; 1 Chronicles 4:33,41, 7:28; psalms 74:20, 78:28; Isaiah 54:2; Jeremiah 9:10, 23:13, 25:37, 49:20; Lamentations 2:2; Ezekiel 6:14; Amos 1:2; Luke 16:9

I could also reference "dwelling", "dwellings", "house", "houses", "home", "homes", "world", "worlds", "mansions", etc.

PyongPing

Oct 9, 2018
www.worldincrisis.org
How ridiculous to think that it was garden variety sin that caused God to kill babies!
Did you just say "garden variety sin"? That sounds like the serpent coming in. I never said any such thing, the wages of all sin is death. Again, you place into my mouth and words, that which I never said. I stated that their probation had closed, and God gave the reason Himself in the verses I cited, and it has nothing to do with your pretended theological blunder. Take it up with Him.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
Here is yet ANOTHER passage dealing with God through David eliminating fallen angel DNA:

2 Samuel 8:2 King James Version (KJV)
2 And he smote Moab, and measured them with a line, casting them down to the ground; even with two lines measured he to put to death, and with one full line to keep alive. And so the Moabites became David's servants, and brought gifts.

David had these dudes lie down. He measured them with a rope. If you were taller than a certain height, you got a sword run through your back.

Did David have a Napoleon complex and was just jealous of tall people? Or was he cleansing the land of fallen angel DNA?

Our friend has yet to explain, unless in his eternally long tome somewhere, how 2 humans produced Gigantic 15 ft people and much bigger than that, ACCORDING TO THE BIBLE, NOT The Book of Enoch.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
Although admittedly speculative, as some scholars believe there was a second incursion of fallen angels that account for the AND ALSO AFTERWARD part of Genesis 6:4, I think the fallen angel gene was carried through the ark, most likely by the wives of Ham, and possibly Japheth. Noah was perfect in his generations, or read that Noah had pure human GENETIC DNA and was not corrupted, like the rest of humanity.

There are MANY diseases that parents have that carry a genetic marker, which may skip generations or even amongst siblings, where one sibling may inherit and manifest the disease when the other sibling doesn't.

This is why not ALL the descendants of Ham do not carry the fallen angel DNA. But clearly the curse upon Caanan is tied up with this DNA issue.

PyongPing

Oct 9, 2018
www.worldincrisis.org
Noah was perfect in his generations, or read that Noah had pure human DNA and was not corrupted, like the rest of humanity.
... yep folks, you need guru PennEd's special eyesight (must come with the DNA (do not ask)) to "read" that in Genesis 6:9.

I'll be back with actual Bible (hopefully) tomorrow.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
... yep folks, you need guru PennEd's special eyesight (must come with the DNA (do not ask)) to "read" that in Genesis 6:9.

I'll be back with actual Bible (hopefully) tomorrow.

HAHA!! Talk about the pot calling the kettle black!!

We eagerly await pages 67 through, what was it? 180? Of your Magnum- opus! LOL

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
Who are “Sons of God” ?

Genesis 6 mentions the “sons of God.” Are they angels or men?
If so, did angels marry and reproduce, and have offspring.
The phrase can be used three different ways in the Bible:

1) Men (Genesis 6:1-4; Luke 3:38; Malachi 2:10).
Yes Genesis 6 is referring to men, not angels.

2) Angels (Job 38:5-7; Hebrews 1:5).

3) Spirit-begotten humans (Romans 8:14; 1 John 3:1; 2 Peter 1:4).

The first two groups are both created “sons of God,” physical and spiritual.
But only men, created physical “sons of God,” unlike the angels, may
become spiritual “sons of God” through a begettal by God’s Holy Spirit.

“For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have
I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?”
(Hebrews 1:5).

Christ is recorded in the Gospel accounts as stating that angels are created spirits.
They cannot reproduce by sexual intercourse or any other means (see Luke 20:34-36;
Matthew 22:30; Mark 12:25).

When we are also composed of spirit like the angels, we will not have sexual function.

The sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them,
the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown” . [men]

Genesis 6:2 says that the “sons of God” took wives. Since they married women, they could
not be angels. Notice verse three: “The Lord said, My spirit shall not always strive with man.”

Here, again, the sons of God are called man. Because these sons of God sinned, God con-
tinues in verse 7, “I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth .…”

So far, not one word about angels! Angels are spirits and could not be destroyed by water.
With the flood, “all flesh died … and every man. … Noah only remained alive, and they that
were with him in the ark” (Genesis 7:21-23).

If Angels and woman sinned in this, why punish man?

And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that
every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
If men where the Sons of God in the context of the verse in Genesis chapter 6 then it would not read as it does::

Genesis 6: KJV

1 "And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them, {2} That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose."

If the Sons of God where men then it would either say.
1) That the sons of God saw the daughters of the sons of God that they were fair
2) That the men saw the daughters of men that they were fair

But the Bible makes a distiction between the sons of God and men.. So the sons of God cannot be men..

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016

You do not win any support from posting denegrating and mocking replies like this.. You only reveal your inner self and you lose support..

prove-all

May 16, 2014
But the Bible makes a distiction between the sons of God and men..
So the sons of God cannot be men..
So you are saying as A human, if filled with the Holy Spirit,
you are not a Begotten [ Son of God] ?

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
In the "you just can't make this up dept." Here is Stephen Hawking's prediction for mankind in TODAY'S news!

The late Stephen Hawking believed advances in genetic science would lead to a future generation of superhumans that could ultimately destroy the rest of humanity.

In newly published writings, Dr. Hawking suggested an elite class of physically and intellectually powerful humans could arise from rich people choosing to edit their DNA and manipulating their children’s genetic makeup.

“I am sure that during this century, people will discover how to modify both intelligence and instincts such as aggression,” he wrote.

“Laws will probably be passed against genetic engineering with humans. But some people won’t be able to resist the temptation to improve human characteristics, such as memory, resistance to disease and length of life.”

The renowned theoretical physicist, who died in March this year, made the grim prediction in a collection of essays and articles recently published by the UK’s Sunday Times, prior to the release of a book containing a collection of writings by Dr. Hawking.

Those without the means will become relegated to a sub-class of “unimproved humans,” he suggests in Brief Answers To The Big Questions due out this week. The wealthy who have power and access could tweak their genome to boost strength, memory and disease resistance.

This two-tier system of humans, Dr. Hawking predicted, could have grave social consequences.

“Once such superhumans appear, there will be significant political problems with unimproved humans, who won’t be able to compete,” he wrote. “Presumably, they will die out, or become unimportant. Instead, there will be a race of self-designing beings who are improving at an ever-increasing rate.

“If the human race manages to redesign itself, it will probably spread out and colonize other planets and stars.”

While the rise of a superhumans won’t happen in our lifetime, new gene-editing technology has already led to concerns about the potential of designer babies.

Most notably, CRISPR-Cas 9 is a recently emerged technology that can be thought of as acting like a tiny pair of molecular scissors that can cut and alter nucleotides which make up DNA, enabling scientists to find and modify, or replace, genetic defects.

“The fear is that they could use these techniques to create, some way, genetically modified people. You know designer babies where parents pick and choose the traits of their babies, make them taller, stronger, smarter or something like that,” NPR said in a 2016 report about a Swedish scientist using the technique to edit human embryos.

Dr. Hawking was known for bringing clarity to some of the most mind-bending ideas in science such as the nature of black holes and the possibility of a multiverse.

But towards the end of this life, he grew increasingly vocal about future problems the world might face.

As in the Days of Noah.....