ANGER.............SELF CONTROL

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

p_rehbein

Senior Member
Sep 4, 2013
31,135
7,220
113
James 1:19 - Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath:

Ecclesiastes 7:9 - Be not hasty in thy spirit to be angry: for anger resteth in the bosom of fools.

John 14:27 - Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

Ephesians 4:26 - Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:

Proverbs 16:32 - [He that is] slow to anger [is] better than the mighty; and he that ruleth his spirit than he that taketh a city.

2 Timothy 2:24 - And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all [men], apt to teach, patient,

Galatians 5:22 - But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

Proverbs 22:6 - Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.

Acts 3:19-21 - Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord; (Read More...)

Ephesians 4:26-27 - Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath: (Read More...)

Proverbs 25:28 - He that [hath] no rule over his own spirit [is like] a city [that is] broken down, [and] without walls.

Proverbs 29:11 - A fool uttereth all his mind: but a wise [man] keepeth it in till afterwards.

Romans 8:28 - And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to [his] purpose.

Galatians 5:23 - Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

1 Timothy 3:3 - Not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous;

John 4:24 - God [is] a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship [him] in spirit and in truth.
 
Um....I agree?
shrug%2B(1).gif
 
Four dancing elephants in a row...I couldn't CONTROL myself so I had to break it up LOL.
 
Reminds me of something from a childrens book

(note , the dad in the story is overall a very nice guy)

<The family is discussing how best to handle anger. >
dad; When I am angry I go for a brisk walk outdoors
mum: No you don't, you regularly stand here and scream
dad: what are you saying? (and now he was screaming), am I standing here screaming?
I, being so considerate that you've never seen me angry!
 
James 1:19 - Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath.

I have James 1:19 written on my steering wheel. Really helps reduce aggravation while driving.

I was pulled over last year and the cop saw James 1:19 and thought that was cool -- no ticket. :cool:
 
Didn't Jesus get angry? I guess the self-control is where I come up short :)
 
Didn't Jesus get angry? I guess the self-control is where I come up short :)

Controlled anger/righteous indignation yes,

Ours tends to see stars in front of our eyes...and I don't mean the Hollywood type :p
 
You can't keep under control that without His help.You suppose to put it away first.And ask Jesus to renew you in the spirit of you mind.Let's take a look in Bible on this topic, KJV.Ephesians4;22-24,22.That you put off concerning the former conversation the old men, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;23.And be renewed in the spirit of you mind;24.And that you put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.KJV.Ephesians4;31-32,31.Let all bitterness, and wrath and anger, and clamour, evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice;32.And be kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.
 
ANGER (wrath).............SELF CONTROL (temperance)

A work of the flesh and fruit of the Spirit!

Christians very often don't realise just how great an effect "the flesh" can have upon their behaviour, you can find a few thoughts Here on them...
 
Anger has always been a problem for me.
I come from a family of angry, violent men.
Not an excuse, I know Jesus , they did not.
It is only by the grace of God that I keep it under control most of the time.
When I loose it, please give me the chance to say I am sorry.
 

Controlled anger is what to strive for. Sometimes, anger is justified, like when Jesus threw the tables over in the temple and chased the money changers out with a whip. Or when he told the Jews: "Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do" (John 8:44). Anger is not a dirty word, God gets angry. Its important to temper our frustrations with patience and understanding, but sometimes it takes the passion of anger to get a point across.. jmo
 

Reading the Bible, I don't see Jesus got angry often. He had many many more opportunities to be rightfully and righteously angry when dealing with people and issues but only a few places in the Bible did He get angry before He loved people., even the lousy pharisees.

He used amazing wisdom when dealing with them. Only a few times did He name what those religious leaders and pharisees were and what they were doing. He was unveiling the truths of unconditional love that the religious leaders were hiding from the regular people. They shut up the truth in their religious laws and Jesus unveiled those truths.

He had love in Him and that love came out for people more than the righteous anger that He could have had come out of Him. He so often was slow to speak., always listened and was not in a hurry to blurt out what He felt even though all that He felt was 100% truth. Even when He could be rightfully and justifiably angry., He chose not to be.

 
Oh - this makes me so angry...Anger is probably the most miss-understood emotion and the most repressed in people.

We have two responses to threats, flight or fight. And we fight with anger.

So the trigger is a feeling of threat. Once you know this, your anger can be understood, and you actually start to work through the threat. Now if someone appears with a knife the threat is real, and anger may well be appropriate.

Most times, like everytime I speak to my daughter, she gets annoyed, it has nothing to do with what I am doing, it is just residual anger which she has not dealt with and until it is in the open and admitted, it will eat her up and any relationship that touches it.

Is anger a problem? Yessssssssss. Some of the most timid people I have met are raging bundles of anger, not because it cannot be sorted through, but because over the years they buried it without letting themselves be angry in private and working through it. Before the Lord can help you with the fruit of the spirit you need to admit what is within and own it, accept it, and work through it.

Emotion like this feels like it possesses you, but it is just a feeling, a perspective, a response to pain, confinement, disappointment, abuse, or all of it.

When you know how you react and you let yourself be angry but channel it, you have found moral free will.

One day some lost sinner, who is a slave to sin and insanity may kill you. Like a falling tree, you are just in the way, but being angry will not change them, love might. It is why Jesus prayed, "Father forgive them for they know not what they do."
 
What angers Jesus and grieves the Spirit of God is not giving out words of grace to people..not allowing the manifestations of the Holy Spirit to flow out to help people and make them well and whole. To demonstrate the love of the Father to people.

Ephesians 4:29-30 (NASB)

Let no unwholesome word proceed from your mouth, but only such a word as is good for edification according to the need of the moment, so that it will give grace to those who hear. Do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.

The only time recorded that Jesus was angered ..( the scriptures doesn't come out and say Jesus was angry when He drove out the moneychangers...but He most likely was..)

...was when the religious people refused to allow grace to be shown to someone....the religious folk had "their" holiness rules...the same goes for those that deny the authentic manifestations of the gifts of the Holy Spirit as demonstrated here by our Lord.

..and were refusing the grace of God to come to people..but Jesus our Lord stepped in as He always will for us..


Mark 3:4-5 (KJV)
[SUP]4 [/SUP] And he saith unto them, Is it lawful to do good on the sabbath days, or to do evil? to save life, or to kill? But they held their peace.
[SUP]5 [/SUP] And when he had looked round about on them with anger, being grieved for the hardness of their hearts, he saith unto the man, Stretch forth thine hand. And he stretched it out: and his hand was restored whole as the other.
 
I have James 1:19 written on my steering wheel. Really helps reduce aggravation while driving.

I was pulled over last year and the cop saw James 1:19 and thought that was cool -- no ticket. :cool:

Lol reminds me of Harold Hill. He blessed those that irritated him in traffic.
 
Romans 12:21 Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.


Hey P_rehbein,

I think someone is buying me a dancing blue elephant soon. Do you want it???
 
Romans 12:21 Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.


Hey P_rehbein,

I think someone is buying me a dancing blue elephant soon. Do you want it???

I got a blue elephant...........but he don't dance.......

sad-cartoon-elephant-02.jpg
 
I have James 1:19 written on my steering wheel. Really helps reduce aggravation while driving.

I was pulled over last year and the cop saw James 1:19 and thought that was cool -- no ticket. :cool:
For years I drove 90 to, sometimes, 140 miles round trip to work. (Shawnee,OK to OKC)Now when I make a trip to OKC I'm thankful that I don't carry a gun.
For the life of me, with the pitiful drivers there are out there, I don't see why there isn't a couple of hundred cases of road rage every day.
Looks to me like drivers licenses are given out with every purchase of marijuana or alcohol. Just saying..............:rolleyes: