animals/dead pets in heaven?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
If it's affected by sin it needs salvation. If it needs salvation it would need Jesus. Even the smartest animal can't comprehend needing Jesus to save them.

o rly?

For the anxious longing of the creation waits eagerly for the revealing of the sons of God. For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it, in hope that the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption into the freedom of the glory of the children of God. For we know that the whole creation groans and suffers the pains of childbirth together until now.

And not only this, but also we ourselves, having the first fruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our body. For in hope we have been saved

(Romans 8:20-24)

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
what's all creation doing waiting eagerly and in anxious longing if it doesn't comprehend that it has been subjected to futility but that it will be set free?

even the stones would cry out if man didn't - is that ignorance? and if dust is not ignorant, how much more the living creatures, created even before man?

anyhow i think there's an argument that could be made well for that view :)

Sep 25, 2017
5. There is so much confusion about this simple issue, due to exegetical problems, and human emotion... that I started by just avoiding the verses altogether, and using simple logic exercises.
But your logic ignored the power of God. Is the arm of the LORD too short?

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
man was a separate order of creation, from my understanding, as we were "created in His image".
I know I can trust in our G-d that he only does good, if it pleases Him to reunite us with our loved ones, and it does, He can also be delighted to give us all things there, including animals.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
***You have asked a question many people ask----this short video may help...
Kat Kerr Your Pets In Heaven - YouTube

I'm sure 88 had good intentions...
but this video is just nonsensical.

This video doesn't deal with scripture, or logic, or anything remotely useful or verifiable.

This video is just some crazy lady, with weird hair and a youtube channel, who claims to be a prophet...
and she claims she's seen pets in heaven.
I could just as easily say I'm a prophet, and I've seen yellow taxis in heaven.
: )
Claims you can't back up are just meaningless.

I think if everyone wants to debate actual scripture, that's fantastic.
I'm all in for that, even if we disagree on things.

7seasrekeyed

A saint cannot miss their pet,for they would not even know they had a pet.

Nothing that pertained to what happened on earth will be remembered,and nobody will be in heaven but people,which the saints will not even know those people if the knew them on earth.

I don't buy this we will not remember our lives on earth in heaven

how will we praise God for our salvation if we don't even remember it

all tears washed away does not mean no memories of our life here

further, the parable (or maybe it was a real story...I don't know) of the the beggar Lazarus and the rich man sure seems to indicate memory

nah

we will have our memories, but as we will be transformed, everything will make sense finally

we will understand God's master plan and have no more questions about the whys of this earth

that should take care of the tears

animals? I do believe so.

7seasrekeyed

posthuman you beat me to every scripture I could think of or would post in response

5 star rating here :eek:

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
But your logic ignored the power of God. Is the arm of the LORD too short?

Direct Response

Circumsized_Heart,

I certainly don't want to ignore the power of God,
but you weren't very clearly about exactly what you were getting at.

I'd be happy to discuss it further if you'd explain exactly what you meant., and exactly HOW you felt I was ignoring the power of God.

Considering the Issue:

However, if you were talking about the fact that I used logical reasoning instead of quoting verses,
then lets view this from a different angle.

Perhaps I used some scripture indirectly, and just didn't quote it, or explain it.

The bible says God gave us minds, to use, to function and to understand Him.
The bible says we are to love God not just with our hearts, but also with our minds.
If we study scripture, we'll find that logical reasoning is something which comes from God, and which He put into man.
In fact, without logical reasoning, you can't read one sentence, you can't utter one word... because without logic, you cannot even tell one word from another.

It is actually Biblical, and agrees with scripture, to use the logical processes which GOD created and put into us.

It is natural, and biblical, to use our minds (which God created) to think about HIM, and to think about the SCRIPTURE.... not to argue against scripture, but to think about the scripture.

Some Conclusions

The problem most Christians have with the ideas of "logic" and "rational thinking" is that ATHEISTS try to claim these processes are their exclusive domain... but they are not.
God gave us logic, and rational minds, in order to understand HIM... and btw, an exercise of pure logical reasoning actually PROVES, in MANY WAYS, that God exists.
The atheist is not "rational" at all... he is quite irrational and quite illogical.

This is why top Atheist proponents, like Richard Dawkins, will not debate top Christian academics... because they'll lose.

Anyway, there is nothing wrong with using our minds, and trying to think logically about God and the Bible.
Without logical processes, you can't even read this sentence.

Using the mind God gave us does nothing to ignore the power of God...
God created our minds;
he created the WAY in which they work;
and he created them with the purpose of serving Him and thinking about Him.

Last edited:

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
man was a separate order of creation, from my understanding, as we were "created in His image".

this brings up a question: whose image were animals created in? for example who is represented in the image an eagle, or a lion?

And each one had four faces. The first face was the face of a cherub, the second face was the face of a man, the third the face of a lion, and the fourth the face of an eagle.
(Ezekiel 10:14)

is that verse a hint?

L

loverofjesus27

The spirit of the animal leaves the flesh and rises up. Its biblical. “All dogs go to heaven”.

Amberlight

Oct 8, 2016
The spirit of the animal leaves the flesh and rises up. Its biblical. “All dogs go to heaven”.
All creatures have a soul.

Difference is humans are eternal souls as we have spirit.

Dogs cats etc do not go to heaven but in new earth i see it likely we have new animals.

PJW

Banned
Oct 6, 2017
I've heard preachers talk about this and every one has a different opinion on it, but do you think there will be animals in heaven? I'd like some scripture to support your views. I think I'm more on the side of yes, there will be animals. They are one of God's most amazing creations and it makes no sense to me that he would just erase all those wonderful creatures.

I've heard people saying that dead pets will be in heaven waiting for us. Now that I'm not so sure I believe. (It would be lovely to see my dead dog Chloe again, she was family) But the bible doesn't mention it as far as I'm aware. All I know is that it says it will be more amazing than we could possibly imagine. If that includes being reunited with loved pets, who knows? Only God :)
We do know that there will be four horses there, so why not pets too?

L

loverofjesus27

Umm, hi, all spirits go to heaven even the evil ones are currently in the celestial places. Read carefully. Who does the spirits belong to? God makes no waste he uses them for greater things like his glory. Watch the lion king and get an idea.

Amberlight

Oct 8, 2016
We do know that there will be four horses there, so why not pets too?
Lets not get all funny pork or no pork animals in heaven or not animals have no spirit nor eternal life.

U

Ugly

All creatures have a soul.

Difference is humans are eternal souls as we have spirit.

Dogs cats etc do not go to heaven but in new earth i see it likely we have new animals.
Scripture please.

Amberlight

Oct 8, 2016
Umm, hi, all spirits go to heaven even the evil ones are currently in the celestial places. Read carefully. Who does the spirits belong to? God makes no waste he uses them for greater things like his glory. Watch the lion king and get an idea.
Point being animals DO NOT HAVE SPIRIT.
Animals have soul.
Humans have soul difference being we also have spirit.

Spirit is what is our connection to God and makes us different from animals and it is our spirit that gives us eternal life.

L

loverofjesus27

Ok, well right now i have no clue where dead humans are. And as for spirits i’m thinking casper like spirits of animals. I even heard about my dead grandpa being judged not too long ago. Now that’s scary.

Amberlight

Oct 8, 2016
Ok, well right now i have no clue where dead humans are. And as for spirits i’m thinking casper like spirits of animals. I even heard about my dead grandpa being judged not too long ago. Now that’s scary.
I smelt steak the other night and there was nothing in kitchen was that the spirit of the cow what i ate earlier in the week ?

L

loverofjesus27

Can you believe there are outsiders taking celestial territory? Mmmhmm