Annoying things it seems like only you notice...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

LaVieEnRose

Why does not more people eat goat meat?
I think because it is gamey, like mutton? In the US, we like beef, pork, and chicken mainly. Americans don’t eat very much goat or mutton.

T

toinena

I love lamb and kid. And also game, like moose and reindeer

W

whatev

When drivers weave in/out of traffic. When drivers don’t use their turning signals. When drivers don’t drive the speed limit, and even worse if they are in the passing lane.

I may or may not have road rage.
When the word "limit" became the low side of something. It used to be "limit" meant "the most you should," but now "speed limit" means "the least you should." At least to drivers.

I'm just kidding around with you. Don't take this seriously, but it has fascinated me that "speed limit" is the only time people have taken a phrase the opposite way it was intended, and everyone mutually agreed.

W

whatev

Talking about road rage...the billboard they put up not far from me: "Eye or ear hasn't seen or heard what God has in store for those who love him." HAVEN'T. Be careful when paraphrasing, I guess. I feel like I go on a lengthy rant every time I drive past that. Grammar aside, that is just all around awkward phrasing.
Grammar isn't my strong suit, but isn't "hasn't" the correct word there? The subject is "Eye or ear," not "eye and ear, so it is singular. And hasn't is singular verb. Right? Wrong? What aren't I understanding?

L

LaVieEnRose

Here’s for all ya’ll grammar nazis

J

Jennie-Mae

Grammar isn't my strong suit, but isn't "hasn't" the correct word there? The subject is "Eye or ear," not "eye and ear, so it is singular. And hasn't is singular verb. Right? Wrong? What aren't I understanding?
Singular or plural...”ain’t” is the word you’re looking for:).

W

whatev

Here’s for all ya’ll grammar nazis
I heard my mother, my grandmother, and my husband in that conversation. And, about halfway through, I was actively participating in judging the language more than the words. Too funny!

Heil, CMS!

T

Tinuviel

Lol, you are correct. It was "eye AND..." my typo. We discussed that a few posts down, post # 23-25.