K
kittycat7
Guest
I got this at church, and every Sunday I look forward to the small stories on there: this was this weeks: note that I did not write this:
verse scripture: "Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another- and all the more as you see the day approaching.'' Hebrews 10:25
Why Go to Church?
"A church goer wrote a letter to the editor of a newspaper and complained that it made no sense to go to church every sunday.
"I've gone for 30 years now," he wrote. " And in that time I have heard something like 3,000 sermons. But for the life of me, I can't remember a single one of them. So, I think i'm wasting my time and the pasters are wasting theirs by giving sermons at all.''
This started a real controversy in the "letters to the editor" column, much to the delight of the editor. It went on for weeks, until someone wrote this clincher.
"I've been married for 30 years now. In that time my wife has cooked some 32,000 meals. But for the life of me, I cannot recall the entire menu for a single one of those meals. (she must of been a bad cook, hahhaha) But I do know this: They nourished me, and gave me the strength I needed to do my work.
If my wife had not given me these meals, I would be physically dead today. Likewise, if I had not gone to church for nourishment, I would be spiritually dead today !"
In a way, it has truth: Going to church gives you spiritual food: because we are the body of Christ:
verse scripture: "Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another- and all the more as you see the day approaching.'' Hebrews 10:25
Why Go to Church?
"A church goer wrote a letter to the editor of a newspaper and complained that it made no sense to go to church every sunday.
"I've gone for 30 years now," he wrote. " And in that time I have heard something like 3,000 sermons. But for the life of me, I can't remember a single one of them. So, I think i'm wasting my time and the pasters are wasting theirs by giving sermons at all.''
This started a real controversy in the "letters to the editor" column, much to the delight of the editor. It went on for weeks, until someone wrote this clincher.
"I've been married for 30 years now. In that time my wife has cooked some 32,000 meals. But for the life of me, I cannot recall the entire menu for a single one of those meals. (she must of been a bad cook, hahhaha) But I do know this: They nourished me, and gave me the strength I needed to do my work.
If my wife had not given me these meals, I would be physically dead today. Likewise, if I had not gone to church for nourishment, I would be spiritually dead today !"
In a way, it has truth: Going to church gives you spiritual food: because we are the body of Christ: