Another member

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Sep 24, 2018
Is it a contradiction? Or is it referring to the special intimacy that the Son has with the Father? Because that's the context of the scripture you're using.
So I'll flip this around, how can Jesus see the father if he is the father. He is God, so he doesn't need to see himself, does he.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
This is the Introductions forum. This biblical discussion belongs in the BIBLE forum..

Welcome to CC. :)

So I'll flip this around, how can Jesus see the father if he is the father. He is God, so he doesn't need to see himself, does he.
That is the confusion of "persons/beings". Jesus is not the person/being of God the Father.

Jesus is a father to his disciples however (Isaiah 9:6; Hebrews 2:13; Isaiah 8:16,18; John 13:33). "God" is a reference to His nature as Deity.

The Son, sits on the "right hand" of the Father on the Throne of Deity.

RedeemedGift

May 28, 2017
The Son is not the Father, He is God. The Father isn't the Son, but He is God.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
Jesus is a manifestation of God that came in the flesh.. The three are One.. So God as the Father can look upon Jesus and Jesus can look upon the Father.. No problem..

1 Timothy 3: KJV
16 "And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory."

Angela_s

Nov 21, 2017
Hi, I am happy to join in on your spiritual discussion's. I'm a pretty well rounded guy & love to talk about anything. A little history, I lived a Christian lifestyle for about 20 year's but became traumatised by the church I was involved in. I left that church & didn't like the idea of going back to another.

I fell away from reading the Bible & worshipping Jesus, it bothered me that I was slipping away, but the more I fought to keep the faith the harder it became to stay. I won't say that spiritual thing's are completely gone out of my life (Or life itself) But I am happy now, more than I've ever been.

Thing's make so much more sense now than before, I could jump into the sky and never come back down....

Wahoo!
Hi ! And Welcome here :) .I'm so glad you choosed to follow God .God Bless you.

Angela_s

Nov 21, 2017
Hello DarthStav, yes, I designed that, using elements I sourced from the web, so it is a kind of digital collage that I put together as my welcome message to newcomers. I have made quite a few others as well, other welcome messages, and many templates I have added prayers or Scriptures to, plus things like birthday messages for members here. Thank you for your encouragement, though I am quite content in my current professional occupation :)

I missed your collages