Another One Bites the Dust

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Awesome! Ask Him for Divine encounters, there are getting more and more frequent and powerful here.
Please check in when you can, we love to hear from you !
blessings in His name:)(y):coffee:

Beckie

Feb 15, 2022
Yes. Derailing is a passion round here. It really is tiresome though. :mad:

Christians should not be hurling scripture like missiles at other Christians. Especially the OT scriptures. Always makes me wonder if the person doing that considers themself to be a prophet or sage or extra special. Hurling the 10 commandments is especially effective though as they create such a burden.
Much much better to hurl ones own words? Christian chats or forums and folks are scolded for quoting God's Word.

Mat_4:4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.
2Ti_3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
There are those who are last that will be first

26 “Then you will say, ‘We ate and drank with you, and you taught in our streets.’ 27 “But he will reply, ‘I don’t know you or where you come from. Away from me, all you evildoers!’

Hold it! How does He know they are evil doers? A few verses earlier He said He didn't know them. He knows what they did, He just never approved it. He never authorized their actions. They may have blamed Him for what they did, but that was just evil. Maybe they taught that keeping the Sabbath was equivalent to treating people worse than an animal, reminds me of religious teachers justifying slavery because Noah cursed his son. Where did that come from, the pit of hell? Imagine thinking that the Law of God was given so you could hurl insults at one another.

28 “There will be weeping there, and gnashing of teeth, when you see Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and all the prophets in the kingdom of God, but you yourselves thrown out.

So much for having the best seat and the big name. There is one very interesting aspect to this. Christians teach that no one is thrown into the Lake of Fire until the Great White Throne judgment. Yet prior to the Great White throne judgement we learn that the false prophet, a man, is already in the Lake of fire. I suspect he was like these ones here, he was so good at deceiving others he had even deceived himself. He demanded to be judged at the judgement seat of Christ, so the Lord accommodated him and sent him to the Lake of fire early. One picture of the rapture is Samson pushing out the two pillars. The two pillars signify the church, the pillar and base of the truth. When the church is taken up the entire temple of Baal comes crashing down. This isn't a coincidence, these are the people who were holding up the economy. What happens when you leave your church and your business? Take this forum for example, if you left does everything come crashing down or is everyone else better off? If you are a blessing then you will be missed, if you are a curse then everyone will be better off. The church is holding up the world's economy. They despise the church, insult the church, but when it is taken out of the way the entire house of cards collapses.

29 People will come from east and west and north and south, and will take their places at the feast in the kingdom of God. 30 Indeed there are those who are last who will be first, and first who will be last.”

This goes back to the question about “are there only a few that are saved”. There are only a few people that can have the best seat or the best name. There are only a few that can be first. But you don’t need any of that to be saved. You can have the last seat and the last name and wind up with the first name. Jesus is the first name, to be saved is to know Jesus and to call Him Lord. If you do then you will obey Him and if you do that He will know you and where you are from.

This verse indicates there are three opinions, but only one that matters. People may have a very high opinion of themselves, like these guys who are stunned when they are shut out of the feast. Then there is the world's opinion. When the Lord says there are those who are first that will be last, this is a reference to the world's opinion. I can imagine that there will be many very famous, very successful pastors and ministers that the Lord will say He never knew them and we will be like, Come on Lord, he is very famous, surely you know who he is? The third opinion is Jesus' and that is the only one that counts. It isn't going to be majority rules. There will be people that the world despises, mocks, ridicules, insults, and yet the Lord says "there are those who are last who will be first". Those are the ones I'm interested in, the self justifying, pompous, holier than thou crowd is simply chaff that will blow away in the wind at the time of the rapture. This thread is about Liz Cheney, she is chaff. All these self important kings and rulers become dust and blow away in the wind.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
"How does He know they are evil doers?"

Our Lord knows the end from the beginning, and knows each of us better than we know ourselves.
He NEVER lies.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
"How does He know they are evil doers?"

Our Lord knows the end from the beginning, and knows each of us better than we know ourselves.
He NEVER lies.
I was referring to the verses right above --
I know you not whence ye are: 26 Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets. 27 But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
He was aware they did not have relationship with Him, as He desires and requires, hence all they did was iniquity, or "evil".

Jul 11, 2020
Liz Cheney went down in flames last night to a Trump backed candidate. She even hauled out her old father to try and push her over the line. Last I saw she has 30% or so of the vote. She can sit on her Jan 6 committee and rotate. smh Good enough for her, can only hope that's the last of her.

This tends to show in my opinion that most Republicans do not like Truth or perhaps do not even know what Truth is. This woman stood for the truth and nothing but the truth. This is not about party affiliation but about Truth. It is truly a narrow way.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
I still think the Dick had some knowledge of 911

P

Polar

Much much better to hurl ones own words? Christian chats or forums and folks are scolded for quoting God's Word.

Mat_4:4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.
2Ti_3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
Actually hurling no words would be the point. Way too much anger going on and for no reason.

Beckie

Feb 15, 2022
Phrase ones anger in PC language and all is fine?

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
Phrase ones anger in PC language and all is fine?
How about phrase it in the words of the Bible and then all is sanctified.

Ephesians 4:26 Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:

Beckie

Feb 15, 2022
How about phrase it in the words of the Bible and then all is sanctified.

Ephesians 4:26 Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:
No one here has experienced wrath. Next time some one posts something , that to my understanding is contrary to Scripture, according to you i should post.

Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
No one here has experienced wrath. Next time some one posts something , that to my understanding is contrary to Scripture, according to you i should post.

Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.
There is no reason for me to give you any rules on how to speak, the New Testament already has and I thought that those on this forum would be familiar with them.

Ephesians 4:15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:

This is an oft quoted passage, it gives the basic principle. However, in my experience anyone when challenged will defend anything they said saying it was the truth and that it was said in love, even "tough love". So Paul goes into specifics a few verses later.

Ephesians 4:31 Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:

When you speak there shouldn't be any bitterness, any wrath, any anger, any clamour and any evil speakings in your speaking. It doesn't matter what the other party has said, and Paul is not ignorant of the kind of speaking they have. It is our fallen nature to have malice towards others that challenge us.

1Timothy 4:2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

Their speaking lies in hypocrisy is not an excuse for us to ignore the guidelines given to us.

Ephesians 5:19 Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;

Some of our speaking should be in the defense and confirmation of the gospel, but no doubt much of our speaking will be to "yourselves" the saints who are in Ephesus. So, you can speak to one another in psalms, and hymns and spiritual songs.