Anti-beard conspiracy

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Aug 20, 2021
secret: when your in faith no man nor woman can hurt unless it fulfills the purpose of god

Genipher

Jan 6, 2019
I know that website and that is the opposite to my own beliefs
That's interesting. Your take and ladiesagainstfeminism's take struck me as very similar. What do you find offensive in the website?

Genipher

Jan 6, 2019
secret: when your in faith no man nor woman can hurt unless it fulfills the purpose of god
it should go with out saying.,,,god controls all.:p
Really? So then when we love Yahweh it's not really our choice? It's Him controlling us and making us love Him because we "have faith"? What kind of love is that, if it's not real? I get the overall impression from reading the Word that there are a lot of things we have to control (our tongue, our thoughts, our emotions). If all we have to do is "have faith" and allow Yahweh to control those aspects of our lives then...where's the refining? What's the point? :unsure:

Aug 20, 2021
Really? So then when we love Yahweh it's not really our choice? It's Him controlling us and making us love Him because we "have faith"? What kind of love is that, if it's not real? I get the overall impression from reading the Word that there are a lot of things we have to control (our tongue, our thoughts, our emotions). If all we have to do is "have faith" and allow Yahweh to control those aspects of our lives then...where's the refining? What's the point? :unsure:
All is vanity a chasing of the wind. we r just gods thoughts,,some even have his spirit.Now everything is just is an always was.Ignorance is bliss...spaghetti a virtue yea we will stay true design...yes it is true we have no choice or un choice.

Genipher

Jan 6, 2019
All is vanity a chasing of the wind. we r just gods thoughts,,some even have his spirit.Now everything is just is an always was.Ignorance is bliss...spaghetti a virtue yea we will stay true design...yes it is true we have no choice or un choice.
Hm. I'm assuming there's a language barrier going on here but this honestly sounds like weird, eastern mysticism nonsense. Do you worship the Flying Spaghetti Monster or something??

Aug 20, 2021
Hm. I'm assuming there's a language barrier going on here but this honestly sounds like weird, eastern mysticism nonsense. Do you worship the Flying Spaghetti Monster or something??
something like as a child;)

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
Actually he is quoting some older translations of scripture (Ecclesiastes)...they aren't common anymore but once were very popular.

Genipher

Jan 6, 2019
Actually he is quoting some older translations of scripture (Ecclesiastes)...they aren't common anymore but once were very popular.
Did the older translation talk about spaghetti? 🤨😆

Genipher

Jan 6, 2019
:) um? no spaghetti..:(
Then why did you mention spaghetti?? :LOL:

EnglishChick

Apr 20, 2021
England UK
That's interesting. Your take and ladiesagainstfeminism's take struck me as very similar. What do you find offensive in the website?
they believe it a sin for women to work or use contraceptives for example. They are very like Quiverfull in their beliefs. Daughters aren't encouraged to go to college . The father owns the daughter until marriage. Even if she over 18.

The kind of view I have of women is based on the bible but that website seems to add extra man made rules. Sure many people l ived like Quiverfull .movement in the bible and am not saying that is wrong if a woman chooses that life for herself . what I have an issue is with is their idea that career women who choose not to marry young or have many children are sinning or are second class Christians . God doesn't mind if women have a choice because He did not command all women be mothers or wives.

EnglishChick

Apr 20, 2021
England UK
Reminds me of the website ladiesagainstfeminism.com
😉😁

Maybe it's another website in thinking of. Might be getting mixed up with The Transformed Wife or Biblical Gender Roles or something. It's all very fine and dandy for those who like that sort of thing but it's not for me. To each their own and all that.

Genipher

Jan 6, 2019
Maybe it's another website in thinking of. Might be getting mixed up with The Transformed Wife or Biblical Gender Roles or something. It's all very fine and dandy for those who like that sort of thing but it's not for me. To each their own and all that.
Ah, did you check the ladiesagainstfeminism (LAF) site? It's been awhile since I looked at it. In fact, I'd forgotten it existed until you spoke of feminism.

Anyway, they have a loooooong explanation of who they are/what they believe. This was one excerpt:

"Women who are against feminism are not against property, inheritance, or educational “rights” for women, nor are we in favor of spousal abuse and “doormat-ism.” We believe that all of the “rights” and privileges we enjoy come straight from the hand of God. Feminism didn’t give them to us, and feminism certainly cannot guarantee them. Only the God Who created us and gave us the laws that make society possible can guarantee justice and peace."

And another:

"BW/LAF is an unmarried lady who writes about how to demonstrate hospitality in a tiny apartment. BW/LAF is a 40-year-old pediatrician who longs to be home full-time and makes the most of the hours she does have with her family. BW/LAF is a 17-year-old stay-at-home daughter who shows us what it is like to joyfully serve a large family. BW/LAF is a 30-something childless woman who has grieved over infertility and reaches out to share God’s grace. BW/LAF is a blind homemaker who teaches us that disabilities do not stand in the way of serving one another. BW/LAF is the working mother striving to be there for her children and wondering how she can live Titus 2 in a double-income culture. BW/LAF is a whole lot of mothers, daughters, grandmothers, aunts, and friends coming together to share their experiences and reach out to their sisters far and wide."

From what I remember and have seen today, they aren't associated with the quiverfull movement. They're not against women going to college.