"Antichrist": Broad Deception By Narrow Definition

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jun 15, 2020
You stated:
"Religion has caused a lot of wars, hasn't it?"

I replied to that.

If anyone was off-topic it was you.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Because they never listen to God.
Interesting answer worthy of consideration :) Is that why Christians are also persecuted?

Since you seem loathe to admit there are false gods, do you think the One
True God was then remiss for having false god worshipers put to the sword?

I mean, the Bible is full of stories of idolaters and their false gods. So you can
perhaps understand my perplexity over your reticence to admit to such.

Rosemaryx

May 3, 2017
Through Abraham. Interestingly enough, Abraham and Sarah's first child (Ishmael) is the forefather of Mohammed and the reason why Mohammed believed he was the final prophet and above Jesus. Ignoring what Scripture actually says, Islam claims Ishmael is the child of promise instead of Isaac - Isaac through whose descendants Jesus came. Meanwhile, God calls Isaac Abraham's only son more than once. Isaac was the child promised and born to previously barren Sarah when she was well past child bearing years @ ninety years old and Abe around a hundred. Instead of them waiting for God to fulfill His promise to them, they took matters into their own hands and barren Sarah had Abe have intercourse with Hagar who was her servant, and Ishmael was the result over a dozen years before Isaac was born to Sarah.
As I was reading your post @Magenta , I was thinking " Who is Abe " loool , then I realised you were talking about Abraham :ROFL:
...xox..

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Did you know that Israeli's forbid the new testament in their libraries?
I have heard they reject the New Testament, yes :)

the Muslims come from one of the 7 tribes, right?
I have not heard of the seven tribes. There were twelve tribes of Israel directly descended from Abraham's grandson Jacob/Israel, but Muslim is not one of them, as they came through Ishmael's line, not the child of promise who was Isaac, which is the line Jesus also came through.

They warred for 200 year's over the "Holy land" (Christians and Muslims). In Africa, Every Catholic has been killed trying to spread Jesus' word in that part of the world.
Isn't that an exaggeration? Every Catholic? I am well aware that Christians are being slaughtered by Muslims. They kidnap Christians and make videos of their torture and mass murders/beheadings so everyone can see. It is called terrorism for a reason. They are proud of themselves for doing what their book tells them to do. Moreover, they have been spreading Islam by the sword since its inception.

I don't know Magenta. I find it totally laughable how people here in America sit here on their laurel's Preaching that all you have to do is believe Jesus died for your sin's and you will be born again, be saved, all the while 100's of 1000's of people die for their beliefs in God.
Jesus was purposed from before the foundation of the world to give His life as a ransom for many... He shed His righteous blood to fulfill the law as the spotless Lamb of God that those who believe by grace through faith may be reconciled to God and attain to life ever after. Those who deny His resurrection (as Islam teaches), are called anti Christs in the Bible. (Islam also denies the crucifixion of Christ.) Scripture says that without faith it is impossible to please God. HE has set the standard and it is Jesus Christ alone. Do you feel compelled to go overseas to proselytize? What do your Muslim friends say when you mention Jesus to them?

Christians here are all good with their president gassing people in the street's so that he get a pic of himself holding up a bible ( upside down)
I am not an American. I have taken a great deal more notice of what is playing out on the world stage since your election of four years ago, though. Do you know that Hilary was talking then in a way that basically promised to stamp Christianity out?

what ever happened to "thou shalt not use thy Lord's name in vain"? I find this more of a hypocritic oath to God. There is nothing Godly about this. They are like little children, whistling in the dark hoping and praying that Jesus won't see them for who they are? No judgement , just observation...
I am not sure what you mean about a hypocritic oath. Do you mean like, they praise God with their lips but their hearts are far from Him?

Sep 13, 2018
Interesting answer worthy of consideration :) Is that why Christians are also persecuted?

I mean, the Bible is full of stories of idolaters and their false gods. So you can
I believe that Christians today are persecuted for our belief.

Sep 13, 2018

Have you ever watched the movie "Kingdom of Heaven"?

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
Are there really people who believe Prince Charles is the Anti Christ? I nearly laughed my socks off reading this. For me it comes second only to the belief that our Royal Family are really Alien Lizards. The Conspiracy Forum has great entertainment value:LOL:

Yes, there are people out there. Tim Cohen's book, The Anti-christ and a Cup of Tea was a good read. Do I believe he is? Hmm. We will have to wait and see. Don't know for sure either way. Probably safe to say, he isn't, but still an intriguing member of the Royal Family.

Personally, I think the pope and Prince Charles have political and religious authority. Vatican City is it's own country and obviously that's the headquarters of the Catholic Church. British Royal Family have a much larger land area that they rule from, and are considered the head of the English Church, if I remember correctly.

tanakh

Dec 1, 2015
Yes, there are people out there. Tim Cohen's book, The Anti-christ and a Cup of Tea was a good read. Do I believe he is? Hmm. We will have to wait and see. Don't know for sure either way. Probably safe to say, he isn't, but still an intriguing member of the Royal Family.

Personally, I think the pope and Prince Charles have political and religious authority. Vatican City is it's own country and obviously that's the headquarters of the Catholic Church. British Royal Family have a much larger land area that they rule from, and are considered the head of the English Church, if I remember correctly.
Henry V111 gave the then Pope the boot and Cromwell greatly reduced the powers of the Royalty after our Civil War. As for land area
if your thinking of the Commonwealth it consists of ex colonial countries that have chosen to be part of it and can leave if they choose to I cant imagine us sending a Gun Boat to Canada for example if they gave the Queen notice to quit.

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
Henry V111 gave the then Pope the boot and Cromwell greatly reduced the powers of the Royalty after our Civil War. As for land area
if your thinking of the Commonwealth it consists of ex colonial countries that have chosen to be part of it and can leave if they choose to I cant imagine us sending a Gun Boat to Canada for example if they gave the Queen notice to quit.

I'm in the minority for sure regarding the Queen, truly believe she is still a very strong, and very much in control of the Common Wealth. This is unpopular opinion, where most will tell you, she is just a figure head, believe this is a myth.

Here is the oath, you must swear to become a Canadian Citizen.

I swear (or affirm)
That I will be faithful
And bear true allegiance
To Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth the Second
Queen of Canada
Her Heirs and Successors

And that I will faithfully observe
The laws of Canada
And fulfil my duties
As a Canadian citizen.

So, basically if you try to override the Queen, you lose your citizenship, or become a traitor. Off with your head!

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
Also, Scotland tried to break off from British rule, look how well that turned out.

There is also the Brexit, not sure how that is going, but it shows that the Queen and the British Pound are independent from the E.U.. Notice how the Pound never went away? Where are all the French Dollars? There has been a historical rival between the French and the British, to see France tied up in the Euro, probably put a smile (only inside of course) on the Royal Queen.

The U.K. is very powerful, they are not to be undermined in any way. Not sure if it's true, but there are rumors going around that Prince Charles will assume the role as King of England next year, but there is also historical statements that the Queen will serve her whole life. Correct me if I'm wrong here.

tanakh

Dec 1, 2015
Also, Scotland tried to break off from British rule, look how well that turned out.

There is also the Brexit, not sure how that is going, but it shows that the Queen and the British Pound are independent from the E.U.. Notice how the Pound never went away? Where are all the French Dollars? There has been a historical rival between the French and the British, to see France tied up in the Euro, probably put a smile (only inside of course) on the Royal Queen.

The U.K. is very powerful, they are not to be undermined in any way. Not sure if it's true, but there are rumors going around that Prince Charles will assume the role as King of England next year, but there is also historical statements that the Queen will serve her whole life. Correct me if I'm wrong here.
Scotland had a Referendom and the majority of Scots voted to remain as part of the UK. The Scottish Nationalist Party,(SNP) are still plugging away at it. Scotland has its own regional Parliament.

Brexit is alive and well. We have technically left the EU but there is a period of negotiation with Brussels to iron out a deal with regard to things like trade and movement between EU and British citizens. Brussels have been dragging their feet but our government threatened to walk out without one. That appears to have worked and the transition period ends in July. It is a very complex business . There are hundreds of laws that Brussels have imposed over the decades and they have to be scrapped or replaced with our own. Leaving the EU is about getting our independence back.

The Queen is the Monarch for life. The only way she could stand down is to abdicate and that has only happened once in British history with the Edward V111 and Wallace Simpson crises in the 1930s. If the Queen was no longer able to fulfill her role Charles could stand in as Prince Regent. This happened in the 18th Century with George 111 and his Son also called George.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I believe that Christians today are persecuted for our belief.
Yes. So one side claims belief in the One True God and another side says, no, you have it wrong, we are the keepers of Truth and the One True God is with us, not you. If we all believed in the same God, would we really be murdering each other? Or could we not find agreement enough to stop the bloodshed? Is it all semantics? Can we blame human nature its fallen state? Jesus thought it was important enough to warn others that they would die in their sins if they did not know or acknowledge or accept Who He was. “You do not know me or my Father,” Jesus replied. “If you knew me, you would know my Father also.”

I have, but it was years ago. Why do you ask? :)

Sep 13, 2018
The part when Orlando Bloom was making his pilgrimage to Jerusalem ( in which my church does annually ) he told the high priest that God was not with him. And what the priest told told him I found was profound. Do you remember what he said to him? About all religions I mean. And what God asks
of us...

Sep 13, 2018
Yes. So one side claims belief in the One True God and another side says, no, you have it wrong, we are the keepers of Truth and the One True God is with us, not you. If we all believed in the same God, would we really be murdering each other? Or could we not find agreement enough to stop the bloodshed? Is it all semantics? Can we blame human nature its fallen state? Jesus thought it was important enough to warn others that they would die in their sins if they did not know or acknowledge or accept Who He was. “You do not know me or my Father,” Jesus replied. “If you knew me, you would know my Father also.”

I have, but it was years ago. Why do you ask? :)
Sorry, had'nt read this . Answered in another post.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
The part when Orlando Bloom was making his pilgrimage to Jerusalem ( in which my church does annually ) he told the high priest that God was not with him. And what the priest told told him I found was profound. Do you remember what he said to him? About all religions I mean. And what God asks of us...
I hardly remember the movie at all, as it was many years ago, and I saw it only once :unsure: I know I did enjoy it, even though it was a somewhat fictionalized account (as these types of historical dramatizations often are); that type of movie is one of my favorite genres. I am curious to know what was said. I wonder too because not all religions say the same things about God. For instance, the Bible says in 1 John 2:23, Whoever denies the Son does not have the Father, but whoever confesses the Son has the Father also. How many times have you been to Jerusalem? I have never been overseas :unsure:

Sep 13, 2018
I hardly remember the movie at all, as it was many years ago, and I saw it only once :unsure: I know I did enjoy it, even though it was a somewhat fictionalized account (as these types of historical dramatizations often are); that type of movie is one of my favorite genres. I am curious to know what was said. I wonder too because not all religions say the same things about God. For instance, the Bible says in 1 John 2:23, Whoever denies the Son does not have the Father, but whoever confesses the Son has the Father also. How many times have you been to Jerusalem? I have never been overseas :unsure:
What he said was profound, I wish it was on t.v. for free but it's not. lol. Comcast should be ashamed of itself.
During this virus every company has suffered except them. Instead of throwing us a bone because we are stuck at home, they take all of their "block buster" movies off the "free "channel and are charging us 3:99 per! lol...( 1 of my pet peaves)

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
What he said was profound, I wish it was on t.v. for free but it's not. lol. Comcast should be ashamed of itself.
During this virus every company has suffered except them. Instead of throwing us a bone because we are stuck at home, they take all of their "block buster" movies off the "free "channel and are charging us 3:99 per! lol...( 1 of my pet peaves)
Netflix and Hulu are probably doing pretty well for themselves also :)

Have you actually been to Jerusalem multiple times? Or is it some other type of pilgrimage?

Sep 13, 2018
Netflix and Hulu are probably doing pretty well for themselves also :)

Have you actually been to Jerusalem multiple times? Or is it some other type of pilgrimage?
I can't afford that journey quite yet, But I would love to one day. That would be amazing.
But what I was going to mention is the last time was hard going. they were help up in Israel and had to spend half their time in Palestine. Hav'nt found out what that was about. But Father Joe seemed upset
about the matter.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I can't afford that journey quite yet, But I would love to one day. That would be amazing.
But what I was going to mention is the last time was hard going. they were help up in Israel and had to spend half their time in Palestine. Hav'nt found out what that was about. But Father Joe seemed upset about the matter.
I cannot imagine going to such a place where there is so much unrest and terrorism/warfare :oops::cry: