antichrist revealed? A wolf in sheeps clothing...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

christiancanadian

Introduction:
Some very trustworthy Christians told me months ago who they thought the antichrist was. I must say, when I heard it...I laughed. It was so silly, I couldn't take it seriously. Actually, I never even really gave it another thought. I've been trying to figure out who the antichrist is for the last couple of decades. So what changed my mind? I saw the same man who they identified as the antichrist..on CNN involved in peace talks! My jaw dropped. As most of you know, the antichrist will appear peaceful at first. He'll be the last person most people would expect. That's how he will be able to deceive so many! Without any further ramblings..I take no credit for this article. I found it on another Christian form. It was written by a user named MountainFire77. Before you laugh out loud like I did, and think "you're crazy", do some research as the author suggests...
-CanadianChristian

Tony Blair Is The Anti-Christ - - The Evidence Is Overwhelming
Hello,

I am new to this forum as such and just searching through some topics and see quite a few related to the end and i will share my considerable compelling view that Tony Blair is going to be the antichrist. It's beyond doubt for me now. I first had thoughts it could be him about 10 months ago but it was just 90% speculation. Now its 95% certainty.

Let me explain

First of all what alarmed me to the fact that he is the man of sin and a candidate was that after he left the British Parliament as Prime Minister he was appointed middle-east envoy for peace which we all know the antichrist must bring peace to the middle-east

Blair appointed Middle East envoy - google it

Secondly then not to long afterwards Blair converts to catholicism which the antichrist many agree has to have ties with as the catholic church will play a important part in the coming lie

Tony Blair joins Catholic Church - google it

Thirdly he has purchased a palace in Jerusalem for him and his family to live in and he is also of European descent

Blair to inspect Jerusalem palace as home for his peace envoy role - google it

Then he is the most likely candidate to be president of the new EU constitution which will come into effect very soon despite Ireland's rejection of the treaty as Brussels is pushing for

Tony Blair could be EU President - google it

Then he is well mannered and people look up to him and a man who is smart and understands riddles i expect and he has just been recently nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize

Then

Blair could be next World Bank president - google it
Which would give him standing to use this to bring about a one monetary system spoken of in Revelation 13

Then most recently he has set up a new faith foundation in which it is his goal "to tackle global poverty, challenge conflict and unite the world's religions". A one world religion united so that all faiths can be gathered together into a new greater belief system and become one.

Check it out...there's a speech by him on the bbc link

Blair launches faith foundation
google it

Does anything here make anyone think that it could be him? he is fulfilling all that is required of the antichrist and is progressing even saying in his new faith venture

In an earlier interview with Time magazine, Mr Blair, who is now a peace envoy to the Middle East, said the foundation was "how I want to spend the rest of my life".

S

Shawn

That sounds pretty ridiculous at first, but I have to admit there's some odd things there....particularly the bit about him running for President of the European Council...a position some are simply calling President of Europe. And the bit about him being appointed to an envoy for Mid-East peace. I can see how you would laugh at that upon first hearing it and then be shocked when you saw all of the "evidence." The thing with Blair is that he's hardly that charismatic. He's not even that popular nowadays within his own country. He also has not won the position yet so no reason to jump to conclusions.

I wouldn't think he's the Anti-Christ, but the European Union and especially the position of it's Presidency is something to watch. As of now the position won't be one of THAT much power but it could be that things and systems are falling into place for when the real Anti-Christ does show up.

People are always trying to point to some modern figure and sometimes the evidence they come up with can definitely give you pause and be convincing. But there are a lot of former and current world leaders working on peace in the Mid-East. His looking into a place to live in Jerusalem is a natural thing if he's going to be working there a lot. His aspirations for high positions in the EU don't make him the Anti-Christ either. The same could probably be said of several leaders and politicians from a number of European Nations. You just don't really know for sure unless someone clearly starts doing the things the Anti-Christ is supposed to do. And of course that depends on whether we'll even be here for that...

M

Mel

Hi, not sure I understand why people need to know who this man might be. To me its kinda the same idea as 'no man knows the exact time when Christ will return''... we just have to be living the Life and hope He finds us doing His will. Tell others the truth and hope that many will be saved before this time comes. My two cents neway...

Agreed. Even if theirs evidence, I think some Christians get too tied up with complexities that just dont matter

Jan 8, 2009
Assuming that there is to be a kind of a future "anti-Christ" leader figure who rules the world, and that the author of Revelations was not referring to the events happening in his time, events which have already taken place early in christian history. As far as I can tell this "anti-Christ" stuff is the stuff of conspiracy websites and movies (eg left behind series) that are not very well grounded in scripture but only speculation.

W

WhereToGo

Some interesting ideas... I haven't heard blair as a candidate before.

My question is, why is everyone so sure the antichrist is going to be an actual person? Couldn't it be an orginization?

B

Baptistrw

It's a person. As for scriptural support, you're kidding right?

Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time. 1 John 2:18 (KJV)

Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
2 Thess 2:3 (KJV)

See also Revelation chapter 13.

C

christiancanadian

MerryHeart, yes I agree. The most important thing we can keep doing is what you say. Of course, I still have a curious side..as to watching the events unfold as if you're watching history before your eyes. One also can't help but want to have an idea of the timeline. Nobody knows..yes I realize that. I've actually curbed my curious side quite a bit. If you're too curious you can get into trouble. It happened to me this summer and changed my life. In fact, that's why I'm on here and praising Jesus and enjoying fellowship.On a totally different topic, let me just say this to anyone out there who has ever believed 'aliens' exist. They don't. I found it out the hard way. They're demons.

W

WhereToGo

It's a person. As for scriptural support, you're kidding right?

Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time. 1 John 2:18 (KJV)

Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
2 Thess 2:3 (KJV)

See also Revelation chapter 13.
I'm not saying there won't be a human figure, but I read more where the antichrist is a spirit, manifested through different things, as in I John 4:3, "and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God; and this is the spirit of the antichrist, of which you have heard that it is coming, and now it is already in the world"

So that says the spirit is already in the world.

4 verses down from 1 John 2:18 that you quoted is verse 22, "
Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son"

2 Thes. I think definitely points to there being a figurehead, I'm just not convinced one person is the antichrist.

There is more than 1 beast as well in Revelation 13. Which is which?

Also the antichrist is said to have many daughters in Revelations, how does that fit with it being one man?

I'm just saying, I don't see concrete evidence in scripture that the antichrist is a man. I see more references to it being a spirit than an actual person.

B

Baptistrw

The man of sin is kind of convincing, and the beast and false prophet will be cast into the lake of fire.. (Rev. 19.20) A person can be antichrist, without being The Antichrist. The AntiChrist will desecrate the temple and be worshipped as God, it's obviously one person.

B

Baptistrw

And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate. Dan 9:27 (KJV)

The prince of Daniel 9:26, the Antichrist previously introduced in Daniel 7:8, 24-26, who will make a pact with many (of the Jewish people) at the beginning of the tribulation period. But in the middle of the week (i.e., 3

B

Baptistrw

Ahh it cut off the rest of my message!

O

onwingsaseagles

Introduction:
Some very trustworthy Christians told me months ago who they thought the antichrist was. I must say, when I heard it...I laughed. It was so silly, I couldn't take it seriously. Actually, I never even really gave it another thought. I've been trying to figure out who the antichrist is for the last couple of decades. So what changed my mind? I saw the same man who they identified as the antichrist..on CNN involved in peace talks! My jaw dropped. As most of you know, the antichrist will appear peaceful at first. He'll be the last person most people would expect. That's how he will be able to deceive so many! Without any further ramblings..I take no credit for this article. I found it on another Christian form. It was written by a user named MountainFire77. Before you laugh out loud like I did, and think "you're crazy", do some research as the author suggests...
-CanadianChristian

Tony Blair Is The Anti-Christ - - The Evidence Is Overwhelming
Hello,

I am new to this forum as such and just searching through some topics and see quite a few related to the end and i will share my considerable compelling view that Tony Blair is going to be the antichrist. It's beyond doubt for me now. I first had thoughts it could be him about 10 months ago but it was just 90% speculation. Now its 95% certainty.

Let me explain

First of all what alarmed me to the fact that he is the man of sin and a candidate was that after he left the British Parliament as Prime Minister he was appointed middle-east envoy for peace which we all know the antichrist must bring peace to the middle-east

Blair appointed Middle East envoy - google it

Secondly then not to long afterwards Blair converts to catholicism which the antichrist many agree has to have ties with as the catholic church will play a important part in the coming lie

Tony Blair joins Catholic Church - google it

Thirdly he has purchased a palace in Jerusalem for him and his family to live in and he is also of European descent

Blair to inspect Jerusalem palace as home for his peace envoy role - google it

Then he is the most likely candidate to be president of the new EU constitution which will come into effect very soon despite Ireland's rejection of the treaty as Brussels is pushing for

Tony Blair could be EU President - google it

Then he is well mannered and people look up to him and a man who is smart and understands riddles i expect and he has just been recently nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize

Then

Blair could be next World Bank president - google it
Which would give him standing to use this to bring about a one monetary system spoken of in Revelation 13

Then most recently he has set up a new faith foundation in which it is his goal "to tackle global poverty, challenge conflict and unite the world's religions". A one world religion united so that all faiths can be gathered together into a new greater belief system and become one.

Check it out...there's a speech by him on the bbc link

Blair launches faith foundation
google it

Does anything here make anyone think that it could be him? he is fulfilling all that is required of the antichrist and is progressing even saying in his new faith venture

In an earlier interview with Time magazine, Mr Blair, who is now a peace envoy to the Middle East, said the foundation was "how I want to spend the rest of my life".
Is Blair a Jew? Would the Jews believe that anyone is messiah unless that could show they come from the tribe of Judah through the linage of David?

S

Shawn

I agree that some people get too caught up in end-times speculations. The most important thing is to live your life in accordance to God's Word, to make sure you're saved and to witness to people. Some people and whole Churches get caught up in end-times prophecy to the detriment of all other teachings. Still, some go the other way too and avoid it all together because it's hard to understand. If it wasn't important, it wouldn't be in the Bible. It was important enough for Christ to relate it to John so it's important to study. The book also says there's a blessing for those who read it's words.

As far as the idea that all of Revelation is about past events, I don't see how anyone can study the book (and other prophecy books such as Daniel) and see that. I've studied all of the major interpretations and some things you can fit nicely into the idea that the events already happened. But I've never read a view like that, that could fit ALL of the events into the past. (It could be some things have double prophetic meaning. They represent Rome in John's day AND a new formation of Rome to come.) But the bulk of the Book is about Christ's return and His Kingdom that He'll establish and we know that hasn't happened yet so you can NOT say Revelation is ALL about past events no matter how you look at it. I don't buy any "spiritual symbolic" interpretation of that at all. It doesn't mean some ideal Church age. The angels that appeared when Christ ascended said He would return in the same way. Looking for Jesus to literally come back has been the hope of Christians for 2000 years. So is Revelation about past events? DEFINITELY NOT ALL OF IT!

As to whether the Anti-Christ is a man or a system or something else, I've wondered that too. But in the end I agree with Baptistrw that there will be one man in the end-times that will fill that role. Even though as some have already pointed out there have been many Anti-Christs..those who deny Jesus came in the flesh.

One thing I think is important to keep in mind when studying and discussing these things is that they're nothing to cause major anger and divisions over. Good ,saved, Godly people can have a different opinion on what future prophecies mean. They haven't happened yet, so we just don't know all there is to know. All popular opinions might and probably do have some things wrong. Just like how the people in Jesus' day had all these Messianic prophecies from the Old Testament but confused the ones about His first and 2nd comings and a lot of people even the disciples just didn't get it until after the fact. In the same way we might not understand everything until it happens. God had John write the things down in a curious way after all, not revealing every detail on purpose. At one point He specifically told John not to write down some things he saw.

Last of all, speculation can be pointless and something to get carried away with, BUT it can also just make for interesting conversation. I like to think and wonder about a lot of the mysteries of God and the Universe. Clearly we're not meant to know everything, but there's nothing wrong with curiosity and discussion.

Jan 8, 2009
Not all of Revelations has been fulfilled - Christ is still to return. Yet we can't expect that everything in Revelations is intended for our future.
Think about the purpose of Revelations - to comfort the church in John's day. It must have concerned events in John's time and things which the early church could read and understand. Applying Revelations in a literal way to our times only brings more confusion, not revelation, which is the main purpose of the book. We can't ignore the words "shortly come to pass" in verse 1, or "the time is at hand" in verse 3, indicating that the events were already about to start close to the time of John. It's possible that the references to the beast, anti-Christ etc, were referring to the Roman Empire in John's era, and a Roman Emperor. Afterall the early church did suffer about 300 years of persecution at the hands of the Roman Empire. A literal interpretation is valid for these historical events. However applying a literal interpretation to events in our time only leads to speculation and confusion, which is the opposite of the intended purpose of the book - revelation.

Attachments

S

Shawn

Not all of Revelations has been fulfilled - Christ is still to return. Yet we can't expect that everything in Revelations is intended for our future.
Think about the purpose of Revelations - to comfort the church in John's day. It must have concerned events in John's time and things which the early church could read and understand.
That's a good point and sort of what I was trying to touch on. Not everything in Revelations has already happened. And it should be obvious that some of it was relevant directly to John's day seeing as how it starts with letters to specific churches that were of his day and it addresses those churches' specific conditions for that time period. Which are also good lessons for all Churches of all time periods to hear and think about. And you can't get past how much some of the things fit into an interpretation of some of the symbols being Rome and things that happened then. But there are other things that are not so clear as to when they happen.

I know exactly what you're saying and think you make a good point about assigning things to modern events with some absolute certainty. But I think intelligent people who know God can also discuss and speculate a bit without going mad with some confusion too....although some people certainly do go overboard and get into some weird thinking about these things lol. That was a good, well thought post, Mahogany....made me think.

Jan 8, 2009
thanks for hearing me out Shawn.. I agree re: good lessons to all churches, I believe we can certainly apply the spiritual principles of the message in Revelations to our time, as human nature doesn't really change. Persecuted christians and a corrupt oppressive government is something which has repeated itself many times in history and could happen to us to. From what I've read the intended purpose of revelations is comforting and exhorting the church - showing what will happen to God's enemies, and encouraging persecuted christians not to give up their faith. I think this is the real value of the book of Revelations to us today - not so much a set of hidden clues that we have to try and figure out whether verichips implanted in our pet dogs are the mark of the beast or not etc. Well countries like China and Africa, and India etc where christians are persecuted for their faith today fit the description of the beast of revelation better than the ones christians usually cite (UN, EU, USA, Roman Catholic church, etc). So who knows but God.

Conquer

Apr 8, 2007
Oke i have to react at this topic, because this theology of one antichrist is not what i read in the Bible.

(is 1 John en 2 John is the only book where i can find the word antichrist?)
1 John 2
18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.
19 They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.
20 But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things.
21 I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth.
22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

This text says not that there is one antichrist but many!
And read verse 22! The antichrist is everybody who denies the Father and the Son! They came forth out of our mids. Well that is because they denied Jesus Christ.

Well now let us not point at a man. Let our knowledge be from the Bible before we only point at some people. Every time we think we now a person who is "the antichrist". While the Bible says there are many, and it is about the persons who are denying Jesus Christ.

That is what i wish to add here.

Attachments

Jan 8, 2009
Conquer I agree it speaks about many antichrists. "many deceivers", yes. Technically anyone who denies Christ could be an "antiChrist". I believe the author of 1 John was referring specifically to the gnostics at the time (1 John 4:3) who denied that Christ came in the flesh, but was a mere ghost or spirit or something like that. I believe references to beasts in Revelation almost always refer to kingdoms or empires. But there is a "man of sin" in 2 Th 2:3
2Th 2:3 Let not anyone deceive you by any means. For that Day shall not come unless there first comes a falling away, and the man of sin shall be revealed, the son of perdition,
2Th 2:4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God, or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, setting himself forth, that he is God.

The "temple of God" doesn't refer to the temple at Jerusalem, but the Church. As a number of bible commentaries would point out, there is only one empire or person that could fulfill what was mentioned about this "man of sin", and that is the Roman Catholic Church and the Pope. But this is probably different to the "anti christ" spirit mentioned in 1 John, because the Roman Catholic church, rather than denying Jesus coming in the flesh, has largely protected and upheld that doctrine. And 2 Th or the book of Revelations doesn't mention anything about "the anti Christ". "The Anti Christ" is probably just a term that has gained popularity in christianity to describe this man of sin.

Jan 8, 2009
And in my mind the beast of Revelations is not any particular person but is an empire/kingdom (or organisation) that could be made up of many anti-Christ rulers not just one. The horns are the kings or rulers of this empire (Rev 17). The beast is referred to as "it" in revelations, not as a him or a her. The link between the beast being a man is this " 6 6 6" thing, which is a man's number in Rev 13:18. But beasts are almost always referring to kingdoms or empires in prophecy, who may have many different rulers (horns) who are in charge, not just one particular person. I think the R.C church with all its succession of popes could fit into this category, more easily than a single ex-PM of Britain like Blair.

Conquer

Apr 8, 2007
Thanks for adding this information. I do not know who this beast or this man of sin is. My translation says something about a lawless man. About the R.C. i do not agree with them having a pope. But i do not have enough insight to point at someone, something, somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.