Antisocial

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

CandieM

Good advice. Also, you can consider a firearm. Every single woman should have a firearm in their home. I suggest a 20 gauge defender shotgun loaded with #6 load.

And you can get a right to carry a firearm license. There are so many good pistols out there today. Consider 'the Judge' by Taurus . It is a 5 shot revolver. It will receive either a 45 cartridge or a 4/10 shotgun shell. I recommend the 4/10 because with it you won't miss. Again, a #6 load would be more than enough.

Something to consider.

Quantrill
Excellent advice, but here's the problem: I have P.T.S.D (probably severe), and dissociative identity disorder. This probably will not work out well for me and the government will likely have a huge issue with me even so much as attempting to own a firearm. Will I be locked up if I even try? Don't know. The idea of having a gun is appealing, but it's also massively intimidating because of how traumatized I am.

It's bad. 🙁

Quantrill

Sep 20, 2018
Excellent advice, but here's the problem: I have P.T.S.D (probably severe), and dissociative identity disorder. This probably will not work out well for me and the government will likely have a huge issue with me even so much as attempting to own a firearm. Will I be locked up if I even try? Don't know. The idea of having a gun is appealing, but it's also massively intimidating because of how traumatized I am.

It's bad. 🙁
Sorry to hear. Concerning ones mental state, if you were to try and buy a firearm, you have to fill out a form. On that form you have to answer questions in a yes/no manner. Question 'f' on that form asks, "Have you ever been adjudicated mentally defective (which includes a determination by a court, board, commission, or other lawful authority that you are a danger to yourself or to others or are incompetent to manage your own affairs) OR have you ever been committed to a mental institution? "

If you answer yes to this, you cannot buy a gun.

If you answer no, then you are still capable of buying a gun if the other questions are answered correctly.

It would be wise to also look into your state laws, as they also differ.

Quantrill

D

Dark_Matter

People who haven't had major traumas in their life, to the point that it affects their ability to even take care of themselves, have a difficult time relating to people who have had to go through that. People who talk down to you or look down upon you because you don't function on their level simply don't get it. It took me years to figure out that it's better to brush off the ignorant opinions of others. It's good that you are carrying on in life and trying to better yourself. So am I. Wishing you the best of luck. 🤞

You're welcome. 👍👍 Every day I'm thinking of ways to make myself feel safer, instead of expecting and demanding that the world suddenly become a safe and habitable place. That is an unreasonable expectation that I totally left behind. As long as I feel like I am capable of physically protecting and defending myself, maybe I'll finally feel OK enough to live my life without worrying about someone hunting me down and harming me in some way. My safety and protection is my responsibility, no one else's. Life has taught me this lesson.

If you happen to grapple with a lack of physical safety, or feeling physically threatened by being in public, maybe you can buy bear spray or perhaps a stun gun? Just as a self-defense measure. This is what I have done/will do so that I can protect/defend myself anywhere, anytime, against anyone who harasses/attacks me. 👍👍

Have a nice rest of the week. 🌈
You have a good heart Candi, even after all that you've been through in your life. I don't know what to say, except that I hear you,
Thanks for understanding CandieM. This is hard stuff to talk about.

I have some pepper spray, I might take some self defense classes when I get a chance.
You have a nice rest of the week too. :)

D

Dark_Matter

Good advice. Also, you can consider a firearm. Every single woman should have a firearm in their home. I suggest a 20 gauge defender shotgun loaded with #6 load.

And you can get a right to carry a firearm license. There are so many good pistols out there today. Consider 'the Judge' by Taurus . It is a 5 shot revolver. It will receive either a 45 cartridge or a 4/10 shotgun shell. I recommend the 4/10 because with it you won't miss. Again, a #6 load would be more than enough.

Something to consider.

Quantrill
I don't think I could because I volunteered myself into the hospital a long time ago.
I will probably just stick to my pepper spray, but thanks for the suggestion.