Anxiety, PTSD and the Immune System

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Aug 25, 2019
I have read the thread about anxiety than then evolved into stress and PTSD.

I have done a lot of research on this topic because I had to heal my own PTSD due to Narcissistic Abuse when I was growing up.

Things that worked for me big time, forgiveness of both my mother and myself.
Sometimes in our forgiveness we don't include ourselves because we see ourselves as just the victims of a specific circumstance - but the point is that some of the abuse that goes on in our minds, goes on in the absence of the perpetrator which would mean that we ourselves have become the unwilling abusers of ourselves.
So while we ask for the forgiveness of the Lord, we give it to ourselves at the same time because it was meant to for-give, to all, unconditionally and that helped me a lot to find peace with the past.

Furthermore there is to consider that even though we walk through Forgiveness, our physical bodies may retain cellular memories (check out the awesome book The Body bears the Burden) that keep the body in a fight or flight mode releasing an hormone called Cortisol - which is the stress hormone.
For that you need physical support, a good diet of fresh juices, unprocessed foods, good fats to re-balance the brain, all these things combined with some physical exercise can help a lot.

You can check out the Cortisol problem online as there is plenty of good information about it, you can give yourself a self test as well to see if you may be suffering from Cortisol imbalances.

Ultimately ground breaking research has linked the Immune System to psycho-emotional well being.
It should have been intuitively understood that whatever the body mis-creates out of a state of temporary or chronic imbalance, was to be corrected by our first line of defense, the Immune System something that could explain why so many auto immune diseases are on the rise as the immune system turns inward to try to re-balance itself - but miss-targets the source.

If the body as the creation of the Lord is indeed perfect, it is born with everything to heal itself if we can keep it in good balance.

So, when plagued by anxiety, PTSD, stress or any emotional imbalance, consider your immune system as well, it may be in need of a boost or in need to be redirected if autoimmune diseases are present, ask your physicians for help and if they are not up to speed with the latest Immunological research, you are welcome to send me a PM detailing the problem and I will send you a personalized Immune Protocol to follow to sort yourself out.

There is no need to keep struggling, as the worse gets worse there are pockets of real good people working for the healing and the betterment of humanity at large, we just need to keep looking until we can connect.

Don't give up hope, I healed myself and surely you can too.
God bless.

Jul 23, 2019
how about a general regimen for general people with general daily stress ? :)

Aug 25, 2019
Hello Tatum,
first thing I would recommend for sure is to give up sugar, entirely.
One can do it in steps for sure but the ultimate goal should be that - no sugar for people with a dodgy nervous system.

It is now a well researched neurotoxin, so whatever amount one intakes - its going to damage something.
you can find articles on the web that show that 50 years ago, someone got paid by the sugar industry to blame most health problems on fat vs sugar.
This was an important moment that started the general deterioration of the health of the population because good fats are essential and needed by the brain and the nervous system.

Introduce nuts in the daily diet, a handful a day, rotate between walnuts, almonds, pecan and whatever other nut you like - bar peanuts.

One tablespoon in the morning of coconut oil in your smoothies or alone before breakfast, which should not be sweet, will do the body a lot of good.

introduce some exercise, in small steps, take the stairs instead of the lift, add one flight of stairs a day, have a 10 minutes walk and increase it daily just a little bit - exercise releases endorphins and it calms the body down.

Stay on a low processed food diet as much as possible, drink water, at least 2 liters, you would be surprised how many people with depression are just dehydrated. there are good books on the topic, one for sure I would recommend is 'your body many cries for water', were they list a series of 'diseases' that could be cured just by water alone.

Ultimately the immune system has to work, eliminating from the diet everything or as much as possible of toxins, will release the ability of the body to heal itself - the immune system regulates an amazing number of functions when working properly.

For this I can't give a generalized advice because one has to look at a troubled body's history to see what went wrong, someone may need immune and neuro support, someone may need immune and cardio support, someone might need immune and endocrine support - that is on a case by case basis.
Anyone that feels they may need this specific kind of support can drop me a line and I will direct them to the right protocol

To everyone's good health
God bless
Ellie

StickMan

May 17, 2018
I have read the thread about anxiety than then evolved into stress and PTSD.

I have done a lot of research on this topic because I had to heal my own PTSD due to Narcissistic Abuse when I was growing up.

Things that worked for me big time, forgiveness of both my mother and myself.
Sometimes in our forgiveness we don't include ourselves because we see ourselves as just the victims of a specific circumstance - but the point is that some of the abuse that goes on in our minds, goes on in the absence of the perpetrator which would mean that we ourselves have become the unwilling abusers of ourselves.
So while we ask for the forgiveness of the Lord, we give it to ourselves at the same time because it was meant to for-give, to all, unconditionally and that helped me a lot to find peace with the past.

Furthermore there is to consider that even though we walk through Forgiveness, our physical bodies may retain cellular memories (check out the awesome book The Body bears the Burden) that keep the body in a fight or flight mode releasing an hormone called Cortisol - which is the stress hormone.
For that you need physical support, a good diet of fresh juices, unprocessed foods, good fats to re-balance the brain, all these things combined with some physical exercise can help a lot.

You can check out the Cortisol problem online as there is plenty of good information about it, you can give yourself a self test as well to see if you may be suffering from Cortisol imbalances.

Ultimately ground breaking research has linked the Immune System to psycho-emotional well being.
It should have been intuitively understood that whatever the body mis-creates out of a state of temporary or chronic imbalance, was to be corrected by our first line of defense, the Immune System something that could explain why so many auto immune diseases are on the rise as the immune system turns inward to try to re-balance itself - but miss-targets the source.

If the body as the creation of the Lord is indeed perfect, it is born with everything to heal itself if we can keep it in good balance.

So, when plagued by anxiety, PTSD, stress or any emotional imbalance, consider your immune system as well, it may be in need of a boost or in need to be redirected if autoimmune diseases are present, ask your physicians for help and if they are not up to speed with the latest Immunological research, you are welcome to send me a PM detailing the problem and I will send you a personalized Immune Protocol to follow to sort yourself out.

There is no need to keep struggling, as the worse gets worse there are pockets of real good people working for the healing and the betterment of humanity at large, we just need to keep looking until we can connect.

Don't give up hope, I healed myself and surely you can too.
God bless.

I have really bad PTSD and have found that keeping myself busy 24x7 keeps the nightmares and flashbacks away & am on a 2 mg. blood pressure pill but honestly if i was not out helping vets as much as I do then id be having flash backs all the time like i used to.

This was Gods Idea the staying busy part, I am so busy I only get 2 hours sleep a night lol

Aug 25, 2019
I have really bad PTSD and have found that keeping myself busy 24x7 keeps the nightmares and flashbacks away & am on a 2 mg. blood pressure pill but honestly if i was not out helping vets as much as I do then id be having flash backs all the time like i used to.

This was Gods Idea the staying busy part, I am so busy I only get 2 hours sleep a night lol
lol
yes, you made a good point I should ave added to the list.
Let's get physical!
Gardening, going for a walk, visiting a friend, going to help the vets like you do - all these things take us out of our minds where most of the problems are.
Although for your flashbacks and nightmares you may want to check out the awesome book ''the body bears the burden'' were a doctor that helped people overcome trauma for over 30 years shares what he discovered about cellular memories- and how to heal.

Well done on your working to be well!
God bless

Jul 23, 2019
Thank you Ellie, i have done the no sugar thing before and it seemed to help a lot, but then I haven't been as strict about it for a few months now. I can tell there's problems with it, for sure. I was exposed to mold a few years ago at work and still have sinus issues i believe are because of it. I use a diffuser with tea tree oil and take elderberry concentrate and if it gets really bad garlic tea... Also, stress can make you have brain fog and memory loss, right?

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Bacopa Monieri, Lion's Mane Mushroom,, all good for the brain/mind,
I am personal convinced Oil of Oregano will fix about anything, the little gel pills.
O of O has anti fungal, anti viral and anti bacterial properties.
best wishes

EllieItaly

Aug 25, 2019
Thank you Ellie, i have done the no sugar thing before and it seemed to help a lot, but then I haven't been as strict about it for a few months now. I can tell there's problems with it, for sure. I was exposed to mold a few years ago at work and still have sinus issues i believe are because of it. I use a diffuser with tea tree oil and take elderberry concentrate and if it gets really bad garlic tea... Also, stress can make you have brain fog and memory loss, right?
yes Tatum, it can.
When there is stress in the body the body keeps releasing Cortisol - the Stress Hormone.
In that case you need a diet to manage that and guess what? It will be a no sugar low carb (cos they become sugar at 80% after processing) diet.
Basically there is no way around the sugar problem if one is trying to manage stress and healthy hormone levels. That will include no alcohol too because it turns into sugar, except of course 1 glass of wine while dining as the food will slow down the sugar absorption.

Cutting out on coffee is a good plan too, because coffee excites the nervous system and you don't need that if you are already stressed out.

If you can take hot baths with epsom salts, dry brush your skin, do some 4 counts breathing - use every natural tool you have to lower the stress hormone because excess cortisol really does a lot of damage to the body as it was meant as an emergency hormone which has priority over all others and keeps you in a fight/flight mode (stress) even against your will.

Ultimately if all of the above fails consider the possibility of immune support - there's a whole new research on the topic of healthy brain/nervous system and the link to the immune system so do look into that (I can send you some info if you wish, they recently published some scholars articles on it). Could help with your exposure to mold as well.
I do treat people here in Italy with Immuno regulators or Immuno boosters according to their problem and I had great results so far.

I send you a big hug, take care

Jul 23, 2019
Thanks for the info and hug- this has come at a good time. I used to chew oregano leaves earlier this year when I got really ill- it certainly helped with the sinuses. Will forgo the coffee, too, I had some after a long break and got picked up and dropped again- why do I do this? Self-destruction in the subconscious I guess. The sugar is a hard thing but staying away from it helped me stay alive when I was in the worst parts of exposure at work. I was just eating the foods that didn't make me feel terrible and they got purged from my diet in this order: sugar, bread, gluten, dairy, fruit, potatoes, carrots and in the end all I could eat was green veg. It took months for me to be able to eat sugar without a major reaction once I finally left the moldy job and I'm convinced I should drop it again. Thank you for pushing me in the right direction :)

Feb 28, 2016
EI,
thanks for posting some great info, you've certainly done some
extensive research -
hub and myself would just like to add that the greatest method
of healing for us, along with much of what you have posted is
our powerful, sustainable, connection with our Heavenly Father
through His Holy, Healing, Words and Blessings...

The fact that you forgave your Mother is such a (key) to your good health,
for the Bibles tells us that if we follow the Commandment to Honour
our Father and Mother, the Blessing of long-life' goes along with this -
there is a definite connection between The Spiritual Law and our Physical health -
God is so good to us...

I also had to forgive my own mother, and it was not an easy thing for me to do,
and would never have happened if Jesus had not imparted His Loving, forgiving,
nature unto me...

thanks again, for sharing such an intimate detail of your journey with us all...
:):)

Feb 28, 2016
Thanks for the info and hug- this has come at a good time. I used to chew oregano leaves earlier this year when I got really ill- it certainly helped with the sinuses. Will forgo the coffee, too, I had some after a long break and got picked up and dropped again- why do I do this? Self-destruction in the subconscious I guess. The sugar is a hard thing but staying away from it helped me stay alive when I was in the worst parts of exposure at work. I was just eating the foods that didn't make me feel terrible and they got purged from my diet in this order: sugar, bread, gluten, dairy, fruit, potatoes, carrots and in the end all I could eat was green veg. It took months for me to be able to eat sugar without a major reaction once I finally left the moldy job and I'm convinced I should drop it again. Thank you for pushing me in the right direction :)
======================================================================================================
TP,
hub and I found that organic, coconut, sugar is very agreeable with us both and has a wonderful flavor...

we also use a diffuser with natural, healing, essential oils, and have had wonderful results...
:):)

P

persistent

One can do it in steps for sure but the ultimate goal should be that - no sugar for people with a dodgy nervous system.

It is now a well researched neurotoxin, so whatever amount one intakes - its going to damage something.
you can find articles on the web that show that 50 years ago, someone got paid by the sugar industry to blame most health problems on fat vs sugar.
This was an important moment that started the general deterioration of the health of the population because good fats are essential and needed by the brain and the nervous system.

Introduce nuts in the daily diet, a handful a day, rotate between walnuts, almonds, pecan and whatever other nut you like - bar peanuts.
While watching John Lennox you tube, diverted by an ad for Joshua Carr, neuroscientists formulation called Neuro Tonix to treat type "3" diabetes and claims like EllieItaly that sugar is the problem and also causes some form of dementia. Google Joshua Carr and get hits for his product or does EllieItaly post have legit info?

Being a nut nut most of my life I go with EllieItaly plus using B vitamins. I watched almost all of the Joshua Carr video ad and one of his tests was to say the tongue twister of Peter Piper as indicator of dementia. I didn't find the info on Cortisol which EllieItaly mentions but did not search much.

P

persistent

called Neuro Tonix to treat type "3" diabetes and claims like EllieItaly that sugar is the problem and also causes some form of dementia.
Put another way, EllieItaly is of the opinion that 'nerve' type disorders are related to sugar use and Joshua Carr says dementia and claims also type '3' diabetes which may be something he made up. Seems I have only heard of type 1 and 2. Maybe both these implications for sugar are wrong.

But then again there is also the long history of conflict related to sugar, not least of which led up to the Revolutionary war starting possibly with taxes on molasses. The sugar industry certainly has a vested interest in guarding against any displacement by competitors, though it seems the only viable competitor would be honey, and honey likely could not be produced in sufficient quantity, therefore the default would be 'artificial' sweeteners, which are possibly a very poor substitute and health systems which are highly regulated unlike US health system are more particular as to the 'artificial' sweeteners approved for use.

My nervous system was possibly affected by something early on but difficult to make any determination as to what since I was using sugar, caffeine, and alcohol and each of these have effect on the Central Nervous System. Quite certain of that but not totally as that is exactly what seem to be 'opposing' opinions of EllieItaly and Joshua Carr. Is either one right or wrong? Maybe they are both right or both wrong.

This may be like the cholesterol in eggs question. Is it good or bad?