Any fellow gamers here?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Sep 18, 2020
With the new consoles coming out soon, I was wondering if anyone is excited? I've been an Xbox gamer since they first came out in 2001. My brother and his friends and I would play Halo CE and Madden all the time. I loved playing Halo all the way through Halo Reach, then I went back to single player games. I think I'm going to get back into online gaming with the new Xbox Series X or S whichever one I get. I'm also working on my old school gaming collection. I still have my Xbox 360 and PS2, though all I game on these days is my Xbox One S. I play Halo MCC, Skyrim, and Witcher 3. I'm not sure when I'll be getting the new Xbox, but I know I will get it. What about you guys? What games do you play?

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
Im a xboxer too. I am currently playing assasins creed origins or odyssey.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
PC Master Race! Because keyboard + mouse is just objectively better. Try aiming a bow with a console controller before I put an arrow through your bow arm. :p

Aug 16, 2020
I’m definitely a gamer, been playing games since Pokemon Silver on my Gameboy Advance since I was 7 years old. I’m mostly into RPGs, Platforming games, some mix of Platforming-action, here’s my “copy and pasted answer” from similar threads:

“So I'll just list franchises I like/genres I like:

-Pokemon (Was my first videogame, with Pokemon Silver back when I was 7, got it for my birthday. I even play the TCG, Trading card game)
-Kirby
-Mario (Mostly just Mario Kart and the RPGs, but the platforming games are fun)
-Cave story
-The world ends with you
-Hollow Knight
-Kingdom Hearts
-RPGs (The tales series, I mean "Tales of the Abyss", "Tales of Vespiria", Paper Mario and the thousand year door, etc.)
-Platforming games (Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, Jak and Daxter, etc.)
-ROM hacks (Especially Pokemon ROM hacks)
-Super smash Bros series

So yeah that's basically it, I do actually want to try Metal Gear solid one day. Since everyone says how amazing it is.“

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Ever tried spaz? Space pirates and zombies. Despite the name it is a pretty good strategy game.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
WARNING: Two minor cuss words in the video.

Yup, that's about the size of it.

Sep 18, 2020
No COD or Halo gamers here?

Aug 16, 2020
No COD or Halo gamers here?
From what I’ve seen in threads like these, there is one guy who likes Halo (Can’t remember his username right now, whoops) but he did show up in my “Finding a Balance” thread I made in the Young Adults forum

I could never really get into FPS games, probably because I’m a bit of a hipster and don’t like popular stuff, LOL XD, my brother is definitely a fan of those games. Honestly the only FPS I want to try is Team Fortress 2, but it appears to not support game controller support, don’t know how I would do with just keyboard buttons. I do it when playing the Sims sometimes, the only PC game I’ve ever played besides some old-school learning PC games, but the Sims and FPS games are completely different, lol

Sep 18, 2020
PC Master Race! Because keyboard + mouse is just objectively better. Try aiming a bow with a console controller before I put an arrow through your bow arm. :p
When I was a kid back in the early 2000s I would play Diablo 2 and Return to Castle Wolfenstein on our PC. I also had consoles though. We had a NES, PS1, N64, Gamecube, and then the original Xbox. So many games, so little time. I just enjoy console gaming more I guess.

G00WZ

May 16, 2014
I play Oldschool Runescape sometimes but that's about it.

Bleed

Dec 8, 2019
Cyberpunk 2077 looks interesting.
i might give that a try.

Reborn

Nov 16, 2014
PS4 / VR Headset or The Oculus?
Have you tried any VR? Crazy indeedy?

Man, once a person starts gaming in virtual reality, it’s hard to go back to 2D gaming. Snobby but truth. Sometimes I think it’s best VR never went super mainstream yet, it will be dangerous. If people thought the XBox or PS4 was addictive?...VR makes regular gaming habits look like a part time hobby.

I always thought once someone tried VR (at home in a comfortable environment, no store time limits or high pressure salesman yelling in your ear during play) once they tried the variety of gaming options(360 video play, true VR immersive interaction or 3D video, etc) ....the world would shut down. Not COVID style, ...people’s lives. It’s unreal. Talk about literally leaving this world for awhile. Is should sell VR for PS. 😀

Any racing/car/pilot games?? 🤯 Closest thing to flying a fighter jet or driving a sports car one can get. Insane. (Especially the games that push the graffix to the limit.) Space travel games, 3D interactive short-movies. (Like, l would worry about my kids soul after a month playing. Lost forever. Sadly I’m serious) I pulled myself away completely from it a few months back when l found out my son had his 1st AND 2nd birthdays all while it was “my turn” to play.

Don’t get me wrong, Consoles and PC games rock.
PC World War II games/Medal of Honor (Swivel and pivot/ mouse play)
Madden(s)
FIFA
Army of Two
Call of Duty
(see a pattern yet?)

Some days—it’s back to Nintendo and Double Dribble, Mike Tyson’s PO style or Jet Moto on PS1?
We even use to do the full blown movie screen Wii Tiger Woods Golf. Kept us active. 😀

Uhhh...I mean...l play every so often.

SoulWeaver

Oct 25, 2014
Tried Warhammer 40k Inquisitor here recently (PS4), WAY too repetitive. I don't know why I kept reading it was an RPG, it sure looked to me like hack n slash... Obviously there has to be some (crutch) storyline even in hack n slash, and it's a pretty interesting universe, man what a wasted potential for an RPG... they decided to throw all that story potential down the drain for constant repetitive same battles...

That's that procedural generation for ya. It will create a repetitive feeling each and every time. You can't have a procedurally generated RPG, it doesn't work. Encounters have to be handcrafted and feel organic. Got bored of SWTOR for the exact same reason.

Sep 18, 2020

Man, once a person starts gaming in virtual reality, it’s hard to go back to 2D gaming. Snobby but truth. Sometimes I think it’s best VR never went super mainstream yet, it will be dangerous. If people thought the XBox or PS4 was addictive?...VR makes regular gaming habits look like a part time hobby.

I always thought once someone tried VR (at home in a comfortable environment, no store time limits or high pressure salesman yelling in your ear during play) once they tried the variety of gaming options(360 video play, true VR immersive interaction or 3D video, etc) ....the world would shut down. Not COVID style, ...people’s lives. It’s unreal. Talk about literally leaving this world for awhile. Is should sell VR for PS. 😀

Any racing/car/pilot games?? 🤯 Closest thing to flying a fighter jet or driving a sports car one can get. Insane. (Especially the games that push the graffix to the limit.) Space travel games, 3D interactive short-movies. (Like, l would worry about my kids soul after a month playing. Lost forever. Sadly I’m serious) I pulled myself away completely from it a few months back when l found out my son had his 1st AND 2nd birthdays all while it was “my turn” to play.

Madden(s)
FIFA
Army of Two
Call of Duty
(see a pattern yet?)

Some days—it’s back to Nintendo and Double Dribble, Mike Tyson’s PO style or Jet Moto on PS1?
We even use to do the full blown movie screen Wii Tiger Woods Golf. Kept us active. 😀

Never tried VR. Maybe some time in the future. Right now I'm saving up for the new Xbox. I need to get a Wii too. My brother had one back in the day. Fun games for sure.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014

Madden(s)
FIFA
Army of Two
Call of Duty
(see a pattern yet?)

Oh brudda, you sound like I used to be back in the Playstation 2 days. I didn't have a social life so I played games until games became my life. After I started getting a life I had to put the controller down for a few years because it was conflicting with life.

These days I play games again, but they have their proper place as free time fillers, not replacements for a life.

Reborn

Nov 16, 2014
Oh brudda, you sound like I used to be back in the Playstation 2 days. I didn't have a social life so I played games until games became my life. After I started getting a life I had to put the controller down for a few years because it was conflicting with life.

These days I play games again, but they have their proper place as free time fillers, not replacements for a life.

Ha. I don’t play VGs. 🙁
I just wanted to mention VR. How dangerous it could have been to the world had God not stepped in.
We are lucky we didn’t hit “Surrogates“ level. (B Willis Movie)

My reality is that I virtually have no free time to play video games. (Unless CandyLand, Monster Truck Smash, or Hot Lava Couch count?) Two kids, pointing out others flaws here I deem unacceptable, perfecting my sarcasm, a GF, my fam, a house to maintain and jobs take all of my real life time.

I get maybe a few hrs a month to game IF I’m lucky.
I play Chess. (It’s not digital so know one enjoys it anymore)

I know my life isn’t about gaming. ♟
(Anyway, If l mess this life up, luckily I have the Contra Cheat Code. 29 more to go)

⬆️⬆️⬇️⬇️⬅️➡️⬅️➡️🅱️🅰️❌
^^ DD < > < > B A START

Socreta93

Jul 28, 2015
Assasins Creed (any game)
Kingdom Hearts (any game)
NBA 2K
Marvel's Spiderman
MLB The Show
Watch Dogs
GTAI really enjoy story based interactive games like Detroit Become Human and Life Is Strange

Aug 16, 2020
Any fellow gamers here?
I'd say absolutely! Look here https://christianchat.com/miscellaneous/what-do-you-think-of-martial-arts.193574/ and for the member listed as J-T. They share gaming sites galore in thread pages 7-8.
I was wanting to respond to you catching that, cause I thought I was the only one that noticed how it was legit videogame description, which just weirded me out, like I legit don’t get the thought process, it’s just so... ????????

For me, but since you posted in here, I can say my response, lol, I keep checking the thread but I’m legit done, like I said, all I keep seeing is hate. I know I might have gone too far a bit, but I started off nice, I legit tried.