I feel really dumb for not being able to tackle them, I know being rude would do it but I don't have it in me to be rude. Thank you posthuman, I will use Jesus as you suggested and yeah for sure prayer would help - guess I need to start now lol.
For getting rid of re-occurring JW's knocking on my door? They even remembered something I said from 6 months ago!!! Must have smelt blood I recon.
I know they don't believe in:
1. Blood transfusions
2. Celebrating birthdays and Christmas
3. Jesus is God
4. The trinity
Is there any more? I'm too polite (they are too!) and I can't be rude to them. Help!
Way back when hubby was young (and I was still a kid), his coworker was a curmudgeon with a heart of gold. Infinitely grumpy, but the guy was also willing to bend over backwards to help anyone. He was a Christian, and he and his wife invited hubby and hubby's first wife to dinner. Then hubby met the true heart of an evangelist. His coworker's wife.For getting rid of re-occurring JW's knocking on my door? They even remembered something I said from 6 months ago!!! Must have smelt blood I recon.
I know they don't believe in:
1. Blood transfusions
2. Celebrating birthdays and Christmas
3. Jesus is God
4. The trinity
Is there any more? I'm too polite (they are too!) and I can't be rude to them. Help!
If I'm not mistaken, their Bible version is KJV. As for counter them, it's usually done simply by reading what they're saying in context. Jesus is a god, for instance is from John 1:1. It's countered 17 verses later, but they ignore that part.The problem I have is this; they know I'm a Christian and that I'm of no fixed denomination. I didn't know at the time I said this but it seemed to open floodgates. I told them I have no interest in becoming a JW and that they have their own Watchtower magazine so then they asked me which translation I read so I told them "lots of different ones", I know they have a certain translation they favour because it's easier to twist it to their way of thinking and I know they'll be back.
The thing is there are 2 of them and I know that the most knowledgeable get sent out on these "missions", they know scripture better than me so I can't outsmart them. Yes I should counter-witness to them but they will twist any scripture I quote and they will be able to quote chapter and verse on everything I can't.
I want the thin mints for free.![]()
...............lol
I have felt that way, too. I don't think we were all meant to engage them verbally. Some people may be quite gifted in that regard, such as PostI feel really dumb for not being able to tackle them, I know being rude would do it but I don't have it in me to be rude.
JWs have their own special Bible. It changes John 1:1. That is how they get Jesus being a god and not God. Thier Bible is called the new world translation, or NWT, and was written by Charles Taze Russell.If I'm not mistaken, their Bible version is KJV.
I got my verse wrong. It's still there in their Bible. John 1:14. And it goes on to say John the Baptist said he's the one, so next go where Jesus was baptised. Amazing thing about God's word, even if you try to change it, it doesn't hold out the full way. It is still his word. They can be disproven through their own bible version.JWs have their own special Bible. It changes John 1:1. That is how they get Jesus being a god and not God. Thier Bible is called the new world translation, or NWT, and was written by Charles Taze Russell.
Tell them you're a devil worshipper, that you have dead bodies in your basement and that if they EVER knock on your door again, THEY will be your next victims.. lol.. It worked for me.![]()
Thats lying.
So? It's also an effective deterrent. And JW's lie to US when they tell us that we will all have our own planets someday, and become gods, and work to get on the different levels of heaven. My little white fib is alot more harmless than their evil lie is..
Oh wow, so I just need to become a JW and then I'll get a planet of my own?![]()
So? It's also an effective deterrent. And JW's lie to US when they tell us that we will all have our own planets someday, and become gods, and work to get on the different levels of heaven. My little white fib is alot more harmless than their evil lie is..
That is the LDS (Latter Day Saints, also known as Mormons). Their god lives on the planet Kolob, was once a man like we are (not in reference to Jesus Christ but how they understand God the Father), and in fact that He still has a body of flesh and bone like we do. They believe God had a physical relationship with Mary that she might conceive Jesus Christ. Brigham Young taught that Adam was actually God, though that belief has mostly been abandoned. They believe Jesus Christ is a created being Who is the spirit brother of Satan, and that He is only a god in the same way we can all become gods... they also believe they can save people by having baptismal ceremonies for dead people. They do not accept the Bible as the final authority on such matters. Joseph Smith and his golden plates changed all that for them.Oh wow, so I just need to become a JW and then I'll get a planet of my own?![]()
Integrity is a major issue in all areas of life as practical people try to determine whom they can trust. The world watches believers for inconsistencies in their words and behavior. When we stumble, unbelievers get an inaccurate glimpse into the character of God and they seek to justify their own sinful behavior.1 Romans 3:7 explains that even if a lie were spoken for God’s glory, it would still be a sin. “For if the truth of God has increased through my lie to His glory, why am I also still judged as a sinner?” In 1 Timothy 1:10, Paul lists lying along with other reprehensible behaviors that are “contrary to sound doctrine.” Finally, Revelation 21:8 lists “all liars” among those sinners who—apart from the grace available through Christ’s blood—merit punishment in the lake of fire.
Titus 1:2 clearly states God “cannot lie.” Assertions to the contrary can be resolved by a careful study of the text, “rightly dividing the word of truth” (2 Timothy 2:15). We always need to see what the Bible actually does and does not say, lest we, as Alfred Edersheim warned, be guilty of “elaborate trifling with the most sacred things.”2
Not only is lying foreign to God’s holy nature, but the original lie in the Garden of Eden had horrible consequences that led to man’s sin and the need for Christ’s sacrifice. Integrity and trustworthiness make you the sort of person people trust, rely on, and respect. But if you begin playing loose with the truth, those who know and love and even respect you—like your spouse and children and coworkers—will forevermore wonder if they can rely on what you’re saying.
Just a white lie? Jesus spoke of being trusted with small things before being trusted with big ones. He trusts us with many opportunities to get in the good habit of telling the truth. At the same time, we will be building a reputation of truthfulness and trustworthiness. But if we’re in the habit of using little lies of convenience, we will have little conviction holding us back when it “really” counts.
Lying is such an easy sin to slip into. Hebrews 12:1 warns Christians to lay aside “the sin which so easily ensnares us.” Furthermore, remembering that God “cannot lie” (Hebrews 6:18), we as Christians should strive to “be imitators of God as dear children” (Ephesians 5:1). As we seek to please the Lord Jesus Christ whose blood has bought us, and to show our Savior to the watching world, we should all ask the Lord to help us cultivate the habit of gracious honesty and integrity. -answersingenesis...
Yes, I am well aware of what repentance is and also what repentance means. Are you saying that you asked for forgiveness after you lied? Are you saying you have turned from lying? I hope so!Geesh Polly, haven't you ever heard of a little thing called repentance? I repent of lying to them. Do they repent of lying to ME? Highly doubtful.