Anyone Else Here That Was Diagnosed With A Learning Disability?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
I wish my dyscalculia and possible dyspraxia had been diagnosed when I was still in primary school. Instead of being punished, threatened and ridiculed for it. Made to feel hopeless and told I would have it beaten out of me. And may parents saying it must be a sin or a demon or laziness.
I am very sorry that you and so many others were so unjustly mistreated. It truly grieved my heart and I pray that God will give you comfort and a better quality of life.

Welcome back, English Chick!

It's good to see you posting again. 👍

J

joecoten

"Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted in me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him for the help of his countenance." - Psalm 42:5

S

Seeking-Christ

To increase your attention span, stop watching TV completely. Listen to books on CD while trying to read the same book.
I barely watch any TV. Haven't much in years. The shows aren't very good anymore. At work I listen to a lot of audio books, podcasts, and the bible. I have listened to audio books and read the same book at the same time.

JillianMarie

Apr 19, 2022
A lot of times its hard for me to learn new things but it is because of the autism and I have to just keep trying hard until I understand the new thing then practice it.

S

Seeking-Christ

A lot of times its hard for me to learn new things but it is because of the autism and I have to just keep trying hard until I understand the new thing then practice it.
Anything that you haven't done in a long time. Do you have good memory or a bad one? I have a bad one. If I don't do something for a long period of time. Sometimes just as short as a month I forget how. It depends on what it is. Driving places is like that for me.

JillianMarie

Apr 19, 2022
Anything that you haven't done in a long time. Do you have good memory or a bad one? I have a bad one. If I don't do something for a long period of time. Sometimes just as short as a month I forget how. It depends on what it is. Driving places is like that for me.
my memory is good sometimes but not good sometimes, a lot of times when I am learning it is waves of confusion and they think I'm dumb

S

Seeking-Christ

my memory is good sometimes but not good sometimes, a lot of times when I am learning it is waves of confusion and they think I'm dumb
If you don't mind me asking. Who thinks your dumb?

S

Seeking-Christ

Just a lot of times when I try to talk with people I can tell they think it about me because its hard for me to explain things and learn things.
I get that feeling too. First when I was in School. Then my parents kinda make me feel that way because things came easier for them. And people at work sorta ignore me. I get the feeling that they don't think I can't contribute to anything with them in conversation.

JillianMarie

Apr 19, 2022
I get that feeling too. First when I was in School. Then my parents kinda make me feel that way because things came easier for them. And people at work sorta ignore me. I get the feeling that they don't think I can't contribute to anything with them in conversation.
ok yes I feel that way a lot of times but I have all my life because of the autism but its a feeling inside me all the time to want to be able to talk easier so I keep lifting prayers about it but I still feel it inside.

S

Seeking-Christ

ok yes I feel that way a lot of times but I have all my life because of the autism but its a feeling inside me all the time to want to be able to talk easier so I keep lifting prayers about it but I still feel it inside.
As, I think you read, I was diagnosed with a learning disability. They: meaning the doctors, say that often times a learning disability effects how one gets along with others. There are social cues that I don't pick up on quick enough, I guess.

JillianMarie

Apr 19, 2022
As, I think you read, I was diagnosed with a learning disability. They: meaning the doctors, say that often times a learning disability effects how one gets along with others. There are social cues that I don't pick up on quick enough, I guess.
ok I feel it too because I want people to say things clear because a lot of times I don't understand what they mean

S

Seeking-Christ

ok I feel it too because I want people to say things clear because a lot of times I don't understand what they mean
That happens to me a lot. Often times I'm not sure what they mean by what they said.

EnglishChick

Apr 20, 2021
England UK
I am very sorry that you and so many others were so unjustly mistreated. It truly grieved my heart and I pray that God will give you comfort and a better quality of life.

Welcome back, English Chick!

It's good to see you posting again. 👍

thanks so much! It's good to be back! ❤❤❤❤