Anyone here ever been to tent revivals?

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
I'm just saying that in my experience, people that often point their finger are usually found to have worse going on behind the scenes. I worked with someone who would come to work and tell us we were going to hell for all kinds of petty things that amounted to nothing, but to that person they were grounds for judgement. Later, it was revealed that this person was having intimacy outside the bounds of marriage which was a lot worse than the petty things that they were constantly judging us everyday for. And, that's just one example I've ran into of very judgy people. It's not a good look for Christians.
Thankfully, there are Christians here who display a much better attitude than this.

Sounds like a fake Christian was trying to correct other fake Christians.
It's no wonder Christians are the laughing stock of the world!
 
I have been a few times in my life.
R.W. Schambach, Billy Graham, few others over the years.
Now they just put up a stage, without the formality of a tent. The music is still to loud
Huh they not counting on any rain I suppose.

I think open air revivals could be fun to go to, but only if they are free. If you have to pay to go, or they asking you for money, I'd stay away.
 
I think I've been to one. When I was growing up there was a Nazarene church right behind our house and a Pentecostal church about a block away. They both had revivals just about every time they met. Back then in the summer they kept their windows and front door open. You could hear them whoopin' it up throughout the whole neighborhood, lol.
 
You'd do well to get off your high horse, mister.
Carrie, meet Scooter. We're still trying to decide whether he's a troll or a pharisee.

Either way he's entertaining. For a while at least. He doesn't have the imagination we usually see from trolls though. His insults are strictly cookie-cutter.
 
Carrie, meet Scooter. We're still trying to decide whether he's a troll or a pharisee.

Either way he's entertaining. For a while at least. He doesn't have the imagination we usually see from trolls though. His insults are strictly cookie-cutter.

Oh, I'm familiar with him (as much as anyone cares to be). His repugnant posts are all over the place. He shoulda brought some cookies instead of cookie-cutter insults!
 
I've seen a beehive made of actual honeycomb - I mean it's shaped like the Wellington beehive.

Wish I had the pic to show you (on my phone)


images-5.jpg

But I suppose I could make a gingerbread version of this...or maybe just a Pavlova Palace.