Anyone here from SoCal?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
B

BlackDove

Specifically the LA/OC area?

I'm kind of an odd person who tends to intimidate people, so it makes meeting new people a little difficult sometimes, haha x )

But yeah, I'm just looking for friends and such. If God brought a romantic lady-friend into my life, I certainly would not oppose that, but I don't want to turn this into a personals ad, haha xD So yeah, male or female, doesn't matter, just looking for awesome people to hang out with.

A little about myself:

My name's Darrell, I am a doctrinally orthodox Christian, who also happens to be of the Goth persuasion (yes it's possible). I'm a violinist of six years now (I play in my worship team), and an electronic musician. I volunteer for a Christian theater ministry based in Anaheim as a performer and composer. I enjoy martial arts, studying/teaching apologetics, playing with Nerf guns, birdwatching, studying languages, video games (currently addicted to Minecraft and LFD2), strange movies, drawing/painting, writing, dancing. I'm socially and economically conservative (to my knowledge; I'm not super into politics like I used to be). I'm an orthodox preterist, monilist, and old-earth creationist (I currently do not advocate macro-evolution, but it's not a subject I am well educated in). I'm currently unemployed, though I have a buddy who is going to help me get a job at Blizzard soon hopefully, after which I plan on starting my own Christian apparel business/ministry, which focuses on apologetics and evangelism (i.e. being noticed, raising questions, opening constructive conversation, etc).

Haha so yeah, that's me in a nutshell. If you're close by (or not) and want to be pals, let me know x )

Blessings,
D

J

Jullianna

I have family in Laguna Hills. Nice area! Good luck to you!

N

NodMyHeadLikeYeah

define strange movies

B

BlackDove

I watch a lot of indie/foreign films, as mainstream cinema has become noticeably more of a product than art. Some "strange movies" I enjoy though would include Ink, THX 1138, Pan's Labyrinth, La Jetée (the film that inspired 'Twelve Monkeys'), Moon, The Fountain, Cat Soup, Little Otik (or anything by Jan Svankmejer)... lol I'm sure there's more, but that's all I can think of right now x ) I do like some normal movies too though, like WALL-E is one of my all time favorites x )

N

NodMyHeadLikeYeah

I watch a lot of indie/foreign films, as mainstream cinema has become noticeably more of a product than art. Some "strange movies" I enjoy though would include Ink, THX 1138, Pan's Labyrinth, La Jetée (the film that inspired 'Twelve Monkeys'), Moon, The Fountain, Cat Soup, Little Otik (or anything by Jan Svankmejer)... lol I'm sure there's more, but that's all I can think of right now x ) I do like some normal movies too though, like WALL-E is one of my all time favorites x )

I love WALL-E ... i have it on blu ray :D

L

Liz01

I didnt see La Jetée but i saw Twelve Monkeys and the end of the movie is very surprising....

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Pan's Labyrinth was pretty intense... interesting film, though! This doesn't count as an Indie film but I'm kind of getting into foreign, subtitled films such as "Hero" (Jet Li) and "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" series... (I have a feeling I'm not going to like the American versions as much.)

I'm not in your area but wish you the best in meeting new people!

Jul 13, 2009
Pan's Labyrinth was pretty intense... interesting film, though! This doesn't count as an Indie film but I'm kind of getting into foreign, subtitled films such as "Hero" (Jet Li) and "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" series... (I have a feeling I'm not going to like the American versions as much.)

I'm not in your area but wish you the best in meeting new people!
I liked Hero. I think it's a fun legend about how China was formed. It was about that, right? lol.

Jul 13, 2009
I didnt see La Jetée but i saw Twelve Monkeys and the end of the movie is very surprising....
oo I wanan see Twelve Monkeys, even if I know the ending lol. I love movies with plot twists.

K

kayem77

I loooooved the Pan's Labyrinth, I always cry at the end. :(