Anyone not going to church because of Corono virus?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
I like the story on the man who ministered to others, about being wise yes it could appear to be wreck less gathering to praise God yet at the same time does the Bible teach about having complete faith in God no matter if walking through the shadow of death or entering a place that could be a virus or a loins den or not and not allow any harm come to those that trust Him. So I guess it could be dicey choice. imagine being thrown in a loins den there’s probably a better chance of being killed in a loins den yet Daniel lived
Hello JamOn, as Christians, we are called to be a blessing to others, not to do something that might put them in harm's way. Just like Father Damien, we are called to do good to others, particularly to the lost, to those who do not trust/do not have faith in God, to be the ones with beautiful feet .. Romans 10:13-15, 17 :)

We are also called to do good and to be a blessing to our brothers and sisters in Christ. So, be they lost or be they saved, we are called to be a blessing to all, and to cause harm to no one (as I'm certain you'd agree (y)).

God bless you!

~Deut
p.s. - here's a graph that demonstrates what the US government is trying to accomplish with its principle strategy to combat Coronavirus, "social distancing". It's designed to help bring an end to the pandemic, of course, but it's also the principle means that they are using to keep our medical facilities from being overwhelmed by a surge of serious cases at the same time.

COVID-19 protective measures graph.jpg

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
That end result is eternal life with Jesus if you're a Christian, right?
well that's not the end result of 'going to church'
it's the end result of repenting, turning to Him and trusting Him. doing that doesn't necessarily require meeting every week with others in person to sing and to hear someone preach, and attending a church isn't any kind of guarantee of knowing Christ.

tbh imo it might not be such a bad thing if people had to spend a couple weeks studying the Bible for themselves with prayer, instead of depending on one man to tell them what's in it and what it means. it may wind up helping to build up good things in the lives of those who really have a heart after Him, but being regularly fed, never had reason to 'forage for themselves' :unsure:

Mar 5, 2020
well that's not the end result of 'going to church'
it's the end result of repenting, turning to Him and trusting Him. doing that doesn't necessarily require meeting every week with others in person to sing and to hear someone preach, and attending a church isn't any kind of guarantee of knowing Christ.

tbh imo it might not be such a bad thing if people had to spend a couple weeks studying the Bible for themselves with prayer, instead of depending on one man to tell them what's in it and what it means. it may wind up helping to build up good things in the lives of those who really have a heart after Him, but being regularly fed, never had reason to 'forage for themselves' :unsure:
Could be that some people didn't think what the church they attended were teaching was right at all. So they left the church and read the bible and found that there's a lot of reasons to think God is bigger than both.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Could be that some people didn't think what the church they attended were teaching was right at all. So they left the church and read the bible and found that there's a lot of reasons to think God is bigger than both.
yes, could be. i hope they found the right church, and didn't leave the right one :)
i hope if it really was the wrong church, they spoke up about it to that church, rather than just walk away without saying anything -- i hope the wrong church got right, and i hope they hope that too

Jun 10, 2019
Hello JamOn, as Christians, we are called to be a blessing to others, not to do something that might put them in harm's way. Just like Father Damien, we are called to do good to others, particularly to the lost, to those who do not trust/do not have faith in God, to be the ones with beautiful feet .. Romans 10:13-15, 17 :)

We are also called to do good and to be a blessing to our brothers and sisters in Christ. So, be they lost or be they saved, we are called to be a blessing to all, and to cause harm to no one (as I'm certain you'd agree (y)).

God bless you!

~Deut
p.s. - here's a graph that demonstrates what the US government is trying to accomplish with its principle strategy to combat Coronavirus, "social distancing". It's designed to help bring an end to the pandemic, of course, but it's also the principle means that they are using to keep our medical facilities from being overwhelmed by a surge of serious cases at the same time.

if you know of stock trading or have been listening to people who been doing it, right now short sales and buy outs and trading etc. is in full swing, I’m not saying the conspiracy word here but this is something to noticed. i think it isn’t social distance but more about power distance

something is going on behind the scenes that is not making the head lines news.

so at the point I’m not going to be lead into a pit by the media.

since January 2020
HEALTH
2,730,408Communicable disease deaths this year

Jun 10, 2019
2.7 million deaths from other diseases matters as well, not only the 7,500 from the virus in the same time frame 3 months.

and 2.7 million is a small number compared to all deaths combined in the last 3 months

Last edited:

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
2.7 million deaths from other diseases matters as well, not only the 7,500 from the virus in the same time frame 3 months.

and 2.7 million is a small number compared to all deaths combined in the last 3 months
2.7 million is 0.03% of the population.
2% of the population is over 150 million.

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
I’m not saying the conspiracy word here but this is something to noticed. i think it isn’t social distance but more about power distance ... something is going on behind the scenes that is not making the head lines news. so at the point I’m not going to be lead into a pit by the media.
We've now had 100 people die in the US from COVID-19. Spain (which has between 1/8th - 1/7th our population) was where we are now just a few weeks ago, but their death toll has climbed to 190 of its citizens per day now.

We do not want to be like Spain, we want to go in a different direction if at all possible, and "social distancing" is the #1 way we have right now as a nation of making that happen (so that we are not suddenly faced with a 1,000 or more deaths per day here).

~Deut
p.s. - BTW, this is all coming from the President, the Vice President and the COVID-19 task force of doctors and scientists, not from the media.

Jun 10, 2019
2.7 million is 0.03% of the population.
2% of the population is over 150 million.
the number of cases is growing faster than the death rate so that 2% i don think it will be the final tally after this is all said and done.

I’ve just seen Italy has just had it’s lowest daily count of cases since the outbreak,

the 2.7 is in three months on all contagious diseases, total daily deaths in the world is 150,000 per day of all deaths everyday for many years.

Jun 10, 2019
We've now had 100 people die in the US from COVID-19. Spain (which has between 1/8th - 1/7th our population) was where we are now just a few weeks ago, but their death toll has climbed to 190 of its citizens per day now.

We do not want to be like Spain, we want to go in a different direction if at all possible, and "social distancing" is the #1 way we have right now as a nation of making that happen (so that we are not suddenly faced with a 1,000 or more deaths per day here).

~Deut
p.s. - BTW, this is all coming from the President, the Vice President and the COVID-19 task force of doctors and scientists, not from the media.

I’d like to ask other Christians does satan still have a say in world kingdoms and if he does would he stop the deceptions until the virus is no longer a issue or would this be the time to ramp up the mass deceptions

Jun 10, 2019
People in oregon please don’t over load the 911 system worried because you can’t get toilet paper I’ve just heard the 911 system is getting a lot calls about toilet paper.

that is how worried people are getting over this now the 911 systems are being taxed about toilet paper

E

EleventhHour

God bless you!

~Deut

Yup, he has been told this many times by moi .. on another thread!
Maybe you will get through :)

Jun 10, 2019
If people start really freaking out and hurting others or themselves, I know who to blame.

people who spread worry and fear which is not of God

Jun 10, 2019
Some may say will I only said we should take this serious and others who read may feel a lot more than you do. and go to extremes be careful of how much you place trust in this world

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I think a lot of people tend to think only of themselves first rather than the most vulnerable which are the elderly and children.
People that dont work in hospitals also dont seem to understand how overloaded they can get.

There is a whole faculty of study called HEALTH pyschology and people actually study ways to PREVENT disease. Because it costs a nation so much when people fall ill. Everyone wants to be healthy, so dont take it for granted.

I notice people that are in good health and whove never experienced sickness tend to look down on those who are weak.

T

TheIndianGirl

If people start really freaking out and hurting others or themselves, I know who to blame.

people who spread worry and fear which is not of God
This is why people worry:
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/18/nyregion/new-jersey-family-coronavirus.html

This is not like the regular flu. More people die of regular flu because probably more people easily get it (it is kind of expected to get regular flu every year, that's why people get the vaccine). However, with coronovirus, if you get it, it is more lethal.

KhedetOrthos

Dec 13, 2019
I didn't go to church today so I feel a bit bad. I'm in the "increased risk" category so my parents discouraged me from going. My friends who attend other churches had online services, but mine didn't. My city has had a spike and declared a local emergency. I feel like I should be at church to support others, but don't think it is a good idea. Church is a large gathering and is not an exception.
Ours has temporarily switched to a format where the priests, deacons, and chanters physically go, the service is streamed on Facebook, and we participate in the prayer services from home. I’m a bit higher risk than average to catch the thing at work, so I don’t want to accidentally pass it along should that happen and have been self isolating for the most part.

As far as what you say, TheIndianGirl, while it may be moral for me to make decisions about what risks I face, it isn’t moral for me to make unilateral decisions about what risks others have to face. That’s why I still go to work, but have been watching the streaming services from home for the time being.

Billyd

May 8, 2014
All the children have been told by the state to stay home, so we cancelled our Wednesday night community outreach for the next two weeks. For the same reason we will probably cancel Sunday School classes for the next two weeks. We still plan to have morning worship services. We will probably record them for our senior citizens.

Prycejosh1987

Jul 19, 2020
I didn't go to church today so I feel a bit bad. I'm in the "increased risk" category so my parents discouraged me from going. My friends who attend other churches had online services, but mine didn't. My city has had a spike and declared a local emergency. I feel like I should be at church to support others, but don't think it is a good idea. Church is a large gathering and is not an exception.
As long as you take safety precautions you have nothing to fear.