APOTHEOSIS

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
E

eternally-gratefull

This is fascinating topic for sure, I agree though many do struggle with this, however since I am not American I did find it easier to come to this knowledge without feeling betrayed/insulted or go into denial. LOL
If people are afraid of hearing truth for any reason. They have more issues than anyone here can help them with.

Dec 12, 2013
I guess I am at the point I do not care either. I guess expecting people to discuss scripture with a christlike attitude is too much to ask.

And who cares if you believed what I believed it does not mean your right, thats just another straw-man.

I am begining to see why people hate christians so much.
I made a post based upon 30 years of intensive study....you know me and KNOW I do not shoot from the hip and what did you do....attack just like the one you rebuked.......you had no intention of discussing as evidenced by your first post.....I said I was NOT going to ARGUE.....I did not say I was not willing to DISCUSS.........so..whatever man

E

eternally-gratefull

Who said she is the restrainer?
Who said who was the restrainor? The catholic church?

I never even insisted that.

I was just making the point the same things found in the capitol can prety much be found in the catholic church.

Dec 12, 2013
Who said who was the restrainor? The catholic church?

I never even insisted that.

I was just making the point the same things found in the capitol can prety much be found in the catholic church.
I was just asking because of your last line in that post about not proving SHE is the restrainer....

Dec 12, 2013
Lol. I have studied for years. AND STILL people showed me some things which got me to question my belief. Thats why we are here. Or so I thought. I guess for many it is not why they are hear. And why this chatroom is starting to lose its effectiveness.
Bro you know I have stated a few times that I stand corrected.....and I have always been open to a change of mind.....I just know what I have concluded based upon 30 to 60 plus hours a week of study on this issue for almost 30 years and Changing my MIND due to scripture, history, etc.......I KNOW this does not make me right......this is what I SEE.....cannot help it

E

eternally-gratefull

I made a post based upon 30 years of intensive study....you know me and KNOW I do not shoot from the hip and what did you do....attack just like the one you rebuked.......you had no intention of discussing as evidenced by your first post.....I said I was NOT going to ARGUE.....I did not say I was not willing to DISCUSS.........so..whatever man
It was your comment that no one could change your view that got on my nerve bro. Thats arrogant, and was not even called for.

Especially on a topic which is non salvic.

I am trying to show you something, take whatever you want out of it. If it makes you mad so be it. It was uncalled for.

It did not add to your post

It did not prove your post was right

It was self centered (whether we like it or not it is)

And it does not open up conversation. All it does is put peoples defenses up.

And why should I disuss? You said no one could change your view. That ITSELF shuts off all discussion. Or in my mind, showed you had no desire to discuss..

If I came and did that, I would hope you as a brother would chasten me and call me out for my arrogance.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Go ahead and quote a VERSE that verbatim n context states it is the HOLY SPIRIT restraining the rise of the BEAST.....and then do like I said....ACTUALLY translate the statement in the OP from the GREEK and then PAY attention to exactly what I SAID in the OP about GOD and TIME....
2 THESSALONIANS 2:7

Greek Text (both the Received and the Critical texts are identical)
τὸ γὰρ μυστήριον ἤδη ἐνεργεῖται τῆς ἀνομίας· μόνον ὁ κατέχων ἄρτι ἕως ἐκ μέσου γένηται

Strong's Concordance
katechó: to hold fast, hold back
Original Word: κατέχω
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: katechó
Phonetic Spelling: (kat-ekh'-o)
Definition: to hold fast, hold back
Usage: (a) I hold fast, bind, arrest, (b) I take possession of, lay hold of, (c) I hold back, detain, restrain, (d) I hold a ship, keep its head.

King James Bible
For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

New American Standard Bible
For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only he who now restrains will do so until he is taken out of the way.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work, but the one now restraining will do so until he is out of the way.

All three translations say the same thing, and identify the Restrainer as a Person.

Who is this Person who can restrain the mystery of iniquity, which includes the worldwide worship of Satan and the Antichrist?

We go to the book of Job and see that God is the Restrainer of Satan. Satan was barred from killing Job, and that is what we see in this book.
And the LORD said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, thatthere is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil? and still he holdeth fast his integrity, although thou movedst me against him, to destroy him without cause. And Satan answered the LORD, and said, Skin for skin, yea, all that a man hath will he give for his life. But put forth thine hand now, and touch his bone and his flesh, and he will curse thee to thy face. And the LORD said unto Satan, Behold, he is in thine hand; but save his life. (Job 2:3-6)

E

eternally-gratefull

Bro you know I have stated a few times that I stand corrected.....and I have always been open to a change of mind.....I just know what I have concluded based upon 30 to 60 plus hours a week of study on this issue for almost 30 years and Changing my MIND due to scripture, history, etc.......I KNOW this does not make me right......this is what I SEE.....cannot help it
The last line was saying if we are using the stuff found in the capitol to say this proves the US is the restrainer, or evidence that she is, we can use the same evidence of idols in the catholic church to support her being the restrainor.

E

eternally-gratefull

Ok bro

Please stop with all the years of study you claim, That to just gets on peoples nerves. And does not prove anything,

I have read commentaries from people who have doctorate degrees in theology and have spent decades studying things, and they still get things wrong.

It is better to just post scripture. Discuss what you think that scripture means, and let people discuss it with you and discuss back. .

Puffing yourself up as you MUST be RIGHT because you studied all those years. Does not help. (I am being honest bro, that is what I hear every time you say these things)

Is this better than those who claim the church NEVER believed the way you do. So you must be wrong? (History all the way back to rome)

I am trying to be a brother and help. Not judge you..

U

UnderGrace

The framers of the constitution were deist's, atheists etc.......Thomas Paine was such an anti-Christian that to his dying breath he had two witnesses by his bead to prove he went out denying Christ, George Washington was a deist, Ben Franklin said the idea of imputed righteousness was absurd etc....MOST have been taught we had Christian roots and that is as fr from the truth as it comes....EVERYONE will quote....the RIGHT to worship as we please or freedom of religion as proof....this is not what the bible teaches......we are NOT free to worship as we PLEASE......God defines the bounds of worship.....
I understand now......okay I just had an "aha" moment!!:)

Verrrrrrry interesting!

Dec 12, 2013
2 THESSALONIANS 2:7

Greek Text (both the Received and the Critical texts are identical)
τὸ γὰρ μυστήριον ἤδη ἐνεργεῖται τῆς ἀνομίας· μόνον ὁ κατέχων ἄρτι ἕως ἐκ μέσου γένηται

Strong's Concordance
katechó: to hold fast, hold back
Original Word: κατέχω
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: katechó
Phonetic Spelling: (kat-ekh'-o)
Definition: to hold fast, hold back
Usage: (a) I hold fast, bind, arrest, (b) I take possession of, lay hold of, (c) I hold back, detain, restrain, (d) I hold a ship, keep its head.

King James Bible
For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

New American Standard Bible
For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only he who now restrains will do so until he is taken out of the way.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work, but the one now restraining will do so until he is out of the way.

All three translations say the same thing, and identify the Restrainer as a Person.

Who is this Person who can restrain the mystery of iniquity, which includes the worldwide worship of Satan and the Antichrist?

We go to the book of Job and see that God is the Restrainer of Satan. Satan was barred from killing Job, and that is what we see in this book.
And the LORD said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, thatthere is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil? and still he holdeth fast his integrity, although thou movedst me against him, to destroy him without cause. And Satan answered the LORD, and said, Skin for skin, yea, all that a man hath will he give for his life. But put forth thine hand now, and touch his bone and his flesh, and he will curse thee to thy face. And the LORD said unto Satan, Behold, he is in thine hand; but save his life. (Job 2:3-6)

YEP...does not say the Holy Spirit is the ONE....

Letteth -->Hold down, POSSESS, SEIZE, RETAIN, TAKE
TAKEN-->cause to BE, to become, come into being, be assembled, brought to pass, to arise
LET-->HAVE, HOLDS FAST

ONLY HE that NOW POSSESSES, HOLDS DOWN, RETAINS WILL continue to HAVE or HOLD FAST until HE is ASSEMBLED, ARISES, COMES INTO BEING

WHO is the POWER behind the rise of the MAN of SIN, SON of PERDITION?

COMING --> ADVENT, by implication PHYSICAL COMING or PRESENCE
WORKING-->ENERGY, OPERATION, EFFECTUAL WORKING, EMPOWERING, ENABLING

EVEN HIM, WHOSE ADVENT or PHYSICAL COMING is after the EFFECTUAL WORKING POWER of SATAN

NOW translate that.....it is not the HOLY SPIRIT restraining...........the power behind it is SATAN and HE WILL HOLD THAT POWER until the ONE that is to BE COMES ON THE SCENE

NO WHERE does it say it is the HOLY SPIRIT restraining.....another fallacy invented by the imminent return doctrine......

Dec 12, 2013
Ok bro

Please stop with all the years of study you claim, That to just gets on peoples nerves. And does not prove anything,

I have read commentaries from people who have doctorate degrees in theology and have spent decades studying things, and they still get things wrong.

It is better to just post scripture. Discuss what you think that scripture means, and let people discuss it with you and discuss back. .

Puffing yourself up as you MUST be RIGHT because you studied all those years. Does not help. (I am being honest bro, that is what I hear every time you say these things)

Is this better than those who claim the church NEVER believed the way you do. So you must be wrong? (History all the way back to rome)

I am trying to be a brother and help. Not judge you..
Sure you are you just judge my motives no less that three times underlined and none of those were my purpose......thanks

Dec 12, 2013
The last line was saying if we are using the stuff found in the capitol to say this proves the US is the restrainer, or evidence that she is, we can use the same evidence of idols in the catholic church to support her being the restrainor.
I do not believe the US is the restrainer.......and I do not believe it is the Holy Spirit either......

E

eternally-gratefull

Sure you are you just judge my motives no less that three times underlined and none of those were my purpose......thanks
I am just telling you what you sound like. I am not judging anyones motives you should know better bro but whatever!

Again, take whatever you want from it. Constructive criticism is what we call it.. Take it or leave it..

Dec 12, 2013
I am just telling you what you sound like. I am not judging anyones motives you should know better bro but whatever!

Again, take whatever you want from it. Constructive criticism is what we call it.. Take it or leave it..
Exactly why I said it does not make me right necessarily.....my point.....I believed just like you for almost 27 years.......well....20 years from 7 to 27....and then had to study 1st and 2nd Thessalonians where I began to see flaws in what is peddled in most churches......

U

UnderGrace

This is even worse. Just attack, No actual discussion or showing why it is wrong, Just used his own VIEW to say another persons VIEW is wrong.

I am not sure why this debate causes such hate between people. It is sad.
This "hate" thing is really out there and I am really saddened that you too have fallen into this accusation that is really a knee jerk reaction and definitely based on personal unfounded assumptions about another.:(

U

UnderGrace

Exactly why I said it does not make me right necessarily.....my point.....I believed just like you for almost 27 years.......well....20 years from 7 to 27....and then had to study 1st and 2nd Thessalonians where I began to see flaws in what is peddled in most churches......
I think we are allowed to make the point that we have invested time to come to a conclusion, it does add credibility,:)

and while you state many things that I too have learned over the years, looking through the futurist lens I cannot see New York being Babylon although at one time it did cross my mind, but it does not fit scripture on all points that I can see. imho

Dec 12, 2013
I think we are allowed to make the point that we have invested time to come to a conclusion, it does add credibility,:)

and while you state many things that I too have learned over the years, looking through the futurist lens I cannot see New York being Babylon although at one time it did cross my mind, but it does not fit scripture on all points that I can see. imho
There are only two cities in history to take the name Babylon....one is in ruins the other is located on LONG ISLAND New York.......... ;)

Dec 12, 2013
Just gonna throw this out.......for every ONE prophecy concerning the 1st coming of Christ there are EIGHT that deal with his second coming.....

WHY is it the MOST misunderstood and argued topic.....as much as we know about the 1st coming we should KNOW Eight TIMES more about the second...........

and this is a VERY hard truth.....in my 52 years with 45 of that BEING in churches with believers of every level of maturity and faithfulness I have found that MOST...probably as high as 95% will ARGUE what they have been ALWAYS taught or BELIEVED without one ounce of personal, indepth study beyond an occasional cursory read of the bible.........

Not saying this to stir anger and or arguments.....it is just a simple fact.......and I personally know pastors in probably 15 to 20 different states and 5 different countries and they have all said the same thing...............

The bible leads to ONE conclusion concerning every truth that can be dug out..........just saying..........sure we can come from twenty different directions in learning that ONE truth, however ONE truth is exactly what IT HOLDS and lays bare......