Again, you must ask the Holy Spirit to supply missing link sausage, if you think Rom. 13:1-5 is not sufficient inference.
The burden is on you to figure it out how the text and Spirit are connected/joined, because I have already done so.
Islam and the Inquisition were historic examples of how NOT to connect/implement them, because they murdered
moral Christians in order to wield worldly power, which is the opposite of what Rom. 13:1-5 explicitly states!
Other than that, I cannot think of anything else to say about this, except answer the question yourself, because
again your criticism is not constructive. Have the courage to state how you harmonize them, because simply stating
that Scripture is not explicit does not establish that my inference is incorrect.
I appreciate the honesty. I actually do have an answer for how I harmonize them.
I see Romans 13 and the Great Commission as complementary, not identical.
God gave civil government the authority to punish evildoers, while He gave the church the responsibility to preach the gospel, make disciples, and call people to repentance.
So yes, I agree Romans 13 teaches that government has a legitimate role in restraining evil.
Where I differ is in concluding from that fact that Christians are therefore instructed to use civil power to enforce specifically Christian moral conclusions on unbelievers.
You say the Spirit supplies the missing link.
My concern is that the same appeal could be made for many competing interpretations.
That is why I keep returning to the text itself.
An inference is only as strong as the textual evidence supporting it.
As for my harmonization, it is straightforward: rulers bear the sword (Rom. 13:1-5), while the church bears witness to Christ (Matt. 28:18-20).
The New Testament clearly teaches both.
What I do not see is a passage that merges those missions by instructing believers to seek or wield civil authority as a means of advancing Christian morality.
So I am not arguing that your inference is impossible.
I am arguing that it remains an inference, and one that still requires demonstration from the text rather than simply an appeal to harmonization.
In other words, the question is not whether Scripture requires us to connect the dots.
The question is whether the dots have been connected correctly.