Appropriating Grace

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Endoscopy

Oct 13, 2017
How do we appropriate God's grace?
Grace is a free gift of God least any man should boast. If we accept the grace through faith in Jesus then at judgment time our sins are gone from us and we are blameless before God. Those who think works will give them salvation will be told by Jesus, "Begone, I never knew you." This is because some think they have to earn salvation.

CherieR

May 6, 2017
Grace is a free gift of God least any man should boast. If we accept the grace through faith in Jesus then at judgment time our sins are gone from us and we are blameless before God. Those who think works will give them salvation will be told by Jesus, "Begone, I never knew you." This is because some think they have to earn salvation.
Some think they have to add works to the equation of faith in order to be saved. Some reasons for this may be being taught wrong, insecurity, guilt over sins, etc. I don't believe Jesus would turn away someone who believes in him as their Saviour but also does not understand salvation fully or is struggling over grace.

R

Rasputin_OZ

Your response is confirmation of your unbelief. What was posted is the Word of God (not what I said). Did you simply believe what was said there or not? If not, then you chose unbelief or belief.

BTW, Rasputin was a very evil man and may even have been demon possessed. You might want to change your user name.
I have seen no Google page that says he was EVIL and Demon Possessed. But who know. I chodse my name as it is great 1970s song by boney M

Now to your other attack on me..

I openly admit I have unbelief so you dotn need to read between the lines of any response from me. The word of God is not powerful to those with little or no belief. So you can keep on misquoting the verse on HEARING the word and suggest it means just listening to people preach. it doesn't , Faith does not come from you quoting scritpures continually. It comes from HEARING HIS voice .

But if I wrong I am going to hell and perhaps that what I was made more , some are made for Honour some for Dishonour.

I cant argue with the potter. But I do ask continually for him to help my unbelief, to build my faith.

All I get is more people repeating scriptures. But that ok , it worked for you when you were a sinner and you suddenly beeleived when hearing a preacher preach

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
All I get is more people repeating scriptures. But that ok , it worked for you when you were a sinner and you suddenly beeleived when hearing a preacher preach
Not me. I prayed to God, if there was a God to show me he was real. It was spring time in Southern California. I met a group of people that used to meet beneath a tree in a park before dark. They sang, strummed guitars and seemed to enjoy being around each other. They recognized my interest and asked me to join. There was a recreation center building with enough light to read after dark. And they were studying Ruth. No fire & brimstone, rapture or end of the world just a verse by verse study about a homeless widow. I became captivated, 42 years ago!

We have been besieged and invaded by mockers and trolls here. So please excuse some of our lack of patience. Some of us may not remember life before Jesus or faith. Preachers used to irritate me too. The key words are. "used too." I came to believe before I started attending church as a christian. I wasn't saved by listening to any preachers. Some friendly former hippies in a park showed me that Christians can be happy and kind while sharing the word. It was a very important time in my life. I hope your salvation experience is as happy, inspiring and spirit filled as mine became. Peace and joy be to you, whatever your name is.

R

Rasputin_OZ

Not me. I prayed to God, if there was a God to show me he was real. It was spring time in Southern California. I met a group of people that used to meet beneath a tree in a park before dark. They sang, strummed guitars and seemed to enjoy being around each other. They recognized my interest and asked me to join. There was a recreation center building with enough light to read after dark. And they were studying Ruth. No fire & brimstone, rapture or end of the world just a verse by verse study about a homeless widow. I became captivated, 42 years ago!

We have been besieged and invaded by mockers and trolls here. So please excuse some of our lack of patience. Some of us may not remember life before Jesus or faith. Preachers used to irritate me too. The key words are. "used too." I came to believe before I started attending church as a christian. I wasn't saved by listening to any preachers. Some friendly former hippies in a park showed me that Christians can be happy and kind while sharing the word. It was a very important time in my life. I hope your salvation experience is as happy, inspiring and spirit filled as mine became. Peace and joy be to you, whatever your name is.
yes I need to find Christians with love who are a family. none around here, everyone too busy..