Are catholics Christian?

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Catholicism is false and is leading masses to hell.
They worship Mary
Make graven images
have a false bible "apocrypha'
they disobey Gods command not to call anyone on earth your father
1 timothy 4:1-3 describes it them as well
 
I'm sorry but that verse is commonly taken out of context. Jesus is talking about hypocritical judging. How can you judge another of something you yourself are also guilty of? As you can see when you read the whole thing. Jesus warned us about false prophets and said by their fruits you shall know them. How will we discern if one is a false teacher without exercising righteous judgement? We all shall be judged according to the word so use the scriptures as the source.

Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?42 How can you say to your brother, ‘Brother, let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when you yourself fail to see the plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.

Thanks for the clarification
 
Think about this. On this site, there is a forum for prayer requests. Folks come on and talk of their needs for prayer. Others will post, I've done it, saying a prayer or letting them know they will pray. I usually am on my knees at bedtime. Would that be considered idol or madonna worship? That's what is being done with these saints that are prayed to. It is a request that someone as close to Jesus as His mother, might pray along with us for our needs.

The issue I have with this is that all we need do is go to Jesus. We don't need someone else to pray for us. It seems as though asking others to pray for us is like not having faith that God hears our every thought and prayer. That's where I have trouble. It is quite comforting to know that others are praying along with us. I do believe it is okay to do. "Where two or three are gathered in My Name....."

I remember years ago, maybe twenty or more, I was kneeling on a kneeler praying at church. I was so distraught I was crying as I was praying. The pastor, a priest in his early forties, came up to me and told me what I was doing was wrong. I did not understand. He explained it and I understood. The gist of it was that I was kneeling before a statue of Jesus and praying at the same time. It felt comforting because it was tangible. I was desperate and sinning. I was not thinking. I was very emotional. Obviously, my faith was weak.

I don't go with the catholics pray to statues. They are not taught that. I do agree that there should be no statues, read graven images. It is something curious. When a person is indoctrinated into something like the catholic church and parents have done so, it is super difficult even as an adult to turn your back on what has been taught since you were born. Parents were proud because of accomplishments. An internal feeling of belonging settles in.

Well, that's my two cents worth. In a little while, it will be worth one and a half cents because of inflation. :)
 
Am I accussing or asking?

You have insisted that your God is the creator of all and i agree with you, muslims too believed that their god is the creator of all, but tell me honestly do you think you and the muslims worship the same God?

And I am not the Judge of that, yet I know Muslims that have turned their belief unto and onto Christ as their Savior, yet ultimately God knows the truth, to who are his and who are not.
Going to Church any Church, and sitting in a pew or preaching from the Pulpit make one a believer in Christ any more that one religiously going to a Hen house make on a Hen

For God's Kingdom is not of this world. And no where in the word are anyone of us called to be a denomination.
God's Kingdom if you believe the word is in Heaven and is where the true Tabernacle is at. Heb. 8

Romans 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
Romans 8:2
For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

Man is in the way with man's condemnation, and we are called to have no divisions
1 Corinthians 3:3 For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?

So are we to expel the truth? By Flesh nature or the new Nature of God's type of Love?
 
thank you for your prayer.
But instead of praying for me, pray for those who worship false gods, to come out of unbelief and worship the true God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and believed in his only Son our Lord Jesus the Christ.

You know not what I pray and how or why, But Father does. Father all by himself in the form of three as one, came to earth did the Job he did for all the world.
John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

You think God does not love all? God never called anyone unto a denomination, or religion in that is what people do to please themselves, thinking they are pleasing God.
God wants belief in God and this gotten through Son, and the Love of God get spread abroad in our new hearts the God the Father gave us by belief and at the resurrection

No flesh in Father's sight will ever please Father. There is only one flesh that ever pleased Father and that was Christ Jesus's only. No flesh before or any flesh after.

My Prayers are for all to flind the type of Love that God has for them as in 1Cor. 13:4-13

Luke 6:32 For if ye love them which love you, what thank have ye? for sinners also love those that love them.
1 Peter 1:22 Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently:
[h=3]1 Corinthians 13:4-13[/h]Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

[SUP]4 [/SUP]Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, [SUP]5 [/SUP]doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil; [SUP]6 [/SUP]rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth; [SUP]7 [/SUP]beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.
[SUP]8 [/SUP]Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away. [SUP]9 [/SUP]For we know in part, and we prophesy in part. [SUP]10 [/SUP]But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.
[SUP]11 [/SUP]When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things. [SUP]12 [/SUP]For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known. [SUP]13 [/SUP]And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.
 
*841**"The Church's relationship with the Muslims". "The plan of salvation also includes those who acknowledge the Creator, in the first place amongst whom are the Muslims; these profess to hold the faith of Abraham, and together with us they adore the one, merciful God, mankind's judge on the last day."330

Based from the above catechism of Catholic Church,

"... together with US they adore the one, merciful God..."

Do catholics and muslims worship the same god?

I don't agree with any religion here on earth, for not one is 100% correct, nor are any of the world's Churches here of God; for God says this

[h=3]Hebrews 8[/h]Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

8 Now of the things which we have spoken this is the sum: We have such an high priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens; [SUP]2 [/SUP]a minister of the sanctuary, and of the true tabernacle, which the Lord pitched, and not man. [SUP]3 [/SUP]For every high priest is ordained to offer gifts and sacrifices: wherefore it is of necessity that this man have somewhat also to offer. [SUP]4 [/SUP]For if he were on earth, he should not be a priest, seeing that there are priests that offer gifts according to the law: [SUP]5 [/SUP]who serve unto the example and shadow of heavenly things, as Moses was admonished of God when he was about to make the tabernacle: for, See, saith he, that thou make all things according to the pattern shewed to thee in the mount. [SUP]6 [/SUP]But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.

So where is the true place of worship and what today is the only way God can be worshipped?
Was Jesus Justified in Spirit or Flesh?
 
Catholicism is false and is leading masses to hell.
They worship Mary
Make graven images
have a false bible "apocrypha'
they disobey Gods command not to call anyone on earth your father
1 timothy 4:1-3 describes it them as well

And so how well are we going, you who are claiming Law over the grace of God, God's miraculous work for us all at the cross, where by his death
Colossians 1:22 in the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight:

Or are you in a certain denomination that is Holy?
You know God could have not died for the sins of the whole world, but God did do this by his Love and Mercy over everyone's sacrifice. When will we grow up and accept God's Love to us from Christ and Love all as God does? Be actually born again in God's Spirit. Which by the way today is the only way God can be worshipped in Spirit and truth
 
Think about this. On this site, there is a forum for prayer requests. Folks come on and talk of their needs for prayer. Others will post, I've done it, saying a prayer or letting them know they will pray. I usually am on my knees at bedtime. Would that be considered idol or madonna worship? That's what is being done with these saints that are prayed to. It is a request that someone as close to Jesus as His mother, might pray along with us for our needs.

The issue I have with this is that all we need do is go to Jesus. We don't need someone else to pray for us. It seems as though asking others to pray for us is like not having faith that God hears our every thought and prayer. That's where I have trouble. It is quite comforting to know that others are praying along with us. I do believe it is okay to do. "Where two or three are gathered in My Name....."

I remember years ago, maybe twenty or more, I was kneeling on a kneeler praying at church. I was so distraught I was crying as I was praying. The pastor, a priest in his early forties, came up to me and told me what I was doing was wrong. I did not understand. He explained it and I understood. The gist of it was that I was kneeling before a statue of Jesus and praying at the same time. It felt comforting because it was tangible. I was desperate and sinning. I was not thinking. I was very emotional. Obviously, my faith was weak.

I don't go with the catholics pray to statues. They are not taught that. I do agree that there should be no statues, read graven images. It is something curious. When a person is indoctrinated into something like the catholic church and parents have done so, it is super difficult even as an adult to turn your back on what has been taught since you were born. Parents were proud because of accomplishments. An internal feeling of belonging settles in.

Well, that's my two cents worth. In a little while, it will be worth one and a half cents because of inflation. :)

Thank you, it is nothing more than one's motive in wanting and getting to know God. For if one is selfish, do you think, God would reveal himself to himself?
 
I was walking up at St. Patrick Catholic church early this morning, and I saw they have the ten commandments written on stone. I went up and read each one. I found out they took out the second commandant and as the tenth they used covet twice.

IX thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife

X thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's possessions
 
I don't agree with any religion here on earth, for not one is 100% correct, nor are any of the world's Churches here of God; for God says this

Churches of God on earth
1. at Corinth - 1Co_1:2 Unto the churchof God which is at Corinth,…
2. at Thessalonica -1Th_1:1 Paul, andSilvanus, and Timotheus, unto the church of the Thessalonians which is in Godthe Father and in the Lord Jesus Christ: Grace be unto you, and peace, from Godour Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.
3. and there are the seven churches of revelation...

Though there maybe some fault in each churches...consider this.
Heb 10:24 And let usconsider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:
Heb 10:25 Notforsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; butexhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.


Are you one of those in the assembly or you are one of those who have the manner of forsaking the assembly???
 
There are many versions of catholics now, like couples for Christ, singles for Christ, but are they really Christians of the bible?
yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes ,,

double yes but not all Protestants realize there catholic, the churches do and they may change a few beliefs, but the churches know there still catholic its just the poor people sitting in them who dont, and its them poor people who are brain washed by there church leaders and them self's its the same for baptists to, they get brain washed into thinking that Catholics are bad a few beliefs is what separates but most of the other stuff like 99.percent was upheld by the the early catholic farthers and passed down too its followers, then people saw fit to cause division
like Martyn luther and pastors who get rich with there , i want my 10 percent , like Henry the eight, lots of stuff,

catholic means universal, you can still be catholic and not believe the beliefs your church is teaching you,
i GIVE YOU AN EXAMPLE the Anglican catholic church state you can choose to believe in the belief of mary was immaculate or not you can choose to believe in immaculate conception or not, they state that on the about page,

but do pastor or some other demoninations give you that freedom ,, nope , and you can go to church and still believe that you and the people are the church, does not make a difference to me

catholic is 1 3rd of the world more i think, the other is so called protestant, then Islam

if you asked me are baptists Christians would say don't know i just don't know, they may say they are but are they truly
 
Last edited:
Quickfire,Martin Luther caused division because of the false and unbiblical practices of the catholic church.The Catholic Church began charging money for novenas, and charging money to get souls out of Purgatory, when there's no such thing as a Purgatory in the Bible. The Roman pope began to sell "indulgences" to rich individuals, offering positions in the church in exchange for properties, gold and land.The Roman catholic church began acquiring properties from the people in exchange for spiritual favors. The Roman catholic church started to weigh the goods that she can get from the people and made salvation an expensive "commodity". They turned religion into a big business and were teaching creeds and dogmas out of man's ideas instead of the pure Bible. They taught that people can only be saved by "works" and "obedience" to the tenets of the Catholic church, rather than by believing by faith in the Word.God showed Martin luther that 'the just shall live by faith' and that people should not have to pay for salvation.It was the catholic church that was greedy not Martin Luther.
 
yup i herd that too,!! that some will say some Catholic teahings are not biblical, does this current roman pope see him self as infallible, I don't know ive not asked him lol, he may be just enjoying being the king of his church, but he still may be a good guy, it could just be some of his followers that see hm that way, ,, its there choice not mine, anyways enough of my words for now loll :)
 
.......does this current roman pope see him self as infallible, I don't know ive not asked him lol, he may be just enjoying being the king of his church, but he still may be a good guy.....

This is a video about some of the current pope's actions , theguy speakin wrote the MANUAL for psycological operation for the CIA, SOME of his history is below link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRSkECZqQ8s

Pieczenik was deputy assistant secretary of state under Henry Kissinger, Cyrus Vance and James Baker.[SUP][3][/SUP] His expertise includes foreign policy, international crisis management and psychological warfare.[SUP][7][/SUP] He served the presidential administrations of Gerald Ford, Jimmy Carter, Ronald Reagan and George H.W. Bush in the capacity of deputy assistant secretary.[SUP][8][/SUP]
In 1974, Pieczenik joined the U.S. State Department as a consultant to restructure its Office for the Prevention of Terrorism.[SUP][2][/SUP]
In 1976, Pieczenik was made deputy assistant secretary of state for management.[SUP][2][/SUP][SUP][5][/SUP][SUP][9][/SUP][SUP][10][/SUP]
At the State Department, he served as a "specialist on hostage taking."[SUP][11][/SUP]

When St.Peters basilica was being built for under $2 you couls buy a get out of jail free card, know as an "indulgance", you could then rape someone, turn in your card and you were free to go.
 
I can only reflect on my own experiences in coming to Christ, in all this, in this thread...It was from being extremely ill for a few years, going from 180 pounds, working out 6 days a week, sparring 3 times a week, to 125 pounds in a matter of 4 months, and pretty much thinking I was on my way out. I had a Bible, and read it, I prayed, and God worked with me from within that experience...Now...After I got back up on my feet. I then went out into the world again, and started going to the local Church, listening to Christian radio, ect...I was dumbfounded by the polarization and discourse I saw out there, in all the difference Churches that proclaim Christ. After years of having to navigate all these doctrinal positions of each Church, I became very discouraged, and thought to myself, if Im getting discouraged, and Im a Christian, then, how dose all this look to a none Christian? And how can such a doctrinally polarized and fragmented Religion attract a none believer to the message of Jesus, and the invitation to the Kingdom be taken seriously?...I find the only use I may have to Christ is to bring men and woman to Him...But if any half way intelligent man or woman looks at all the discourse that is perpetrated in the name of doctrine, you cant blame them for walking away...This to me is not a good thing, as Paul states, now we can only see in part...Period...That means to me anyway, I myself am better off looking at my blind spots and pray for Christ to give me sight, because I know, Im lucky to even see in part...lol...And believe me, I am pointing directly at myself here!, not at you guys...I have to tend to the plank in my own eye, and thats a full time job! My own personal opinion is that doctrine should take a back seat to Scripture. God made the Bible clear enough for any man to form a relationship with Him through, and God will also lead us to whatever group, or denomination He knows will help us in enhancing our relationship with Him, and clear a path for us to minister though...Anyway, you all have a great day...In Christ, Jeff
 
Last edited:
This is a video about some of the current pope's actions , theguy speakin wrote the MANUAL for psycological operation for the CIA, SOME of his history is below link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRSkECZqQ8s

Pieczenik was deputy assistant secretary of state under Henry Kissinger, Cyrus Vance and James Baker.[SUP][3][/SUP] His expertise includes foreign policy, international crisis management and psychological warfare.[SUP][7][/SUP] He served the presidential administrations of Gerald Ford, Jimmy Carter, Ronald Reagan and George H.W. Bush in the capacity of deputy assistant secretary.[SUP][8][/SUP]
In 1974, Pieczenik joined the U.S. State Department as a consultant to restructure its Office for the Prevention of Terrorism.[SUP][2][/SUP]
In 1976, Pieczenik was made deputy assistant secretary of state for management.[SUP][2][/SUP][SUP][5][/SUP][SUP][9][/SUP][SUP][10][/SUP]
At the State Department, he served as a "specialist on hostage taking."[SUP][11][/SUP]

When St.Peters basilica was being built for under $2 you couls buy a get out of jail free card, know as an "indulgance", you could then rape someone, turn in your card and you were free to go.
Thanks but i know where my roots lie ill have a look at yer video soon, but what ever the video is about theres no getting away with the fact that Martyn lutherians exist today, (spreading there hate around the world, especially those 10 percent baptist guys claiming to be pastors, don't worry though i don't blame the Baptists for that, just they need to know who created there reformation of the church,
 
Thanks but i know where my roots lie ill have a look at yer video soon, but what ever the video is about theres no getting away with the fact that Martyn lutherians exist today, (spreading there hate around the world, especially those 10 percent baptist guys claiming to be pastors, don't worry though i don't blame the Baptists for that, just they need to know who created there reformation of the church,

Tell me then who started the reformation if you know so much? Surely Martin Luther wasn't the only one was he? Since you're talking down on Lutherans and Baptists.