Are children born of sin

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Apr 27, 2014
Please tell me if children are born of sin !!
And if they are and they die(without confessing jesus as son of god) will they go to hell forever?
Just post your views and i won't be commenting go order to avoid debate so provide the best possible explaination probably a logical one.
Peace

Nov 30, 2012
Born of sin? No. Born with original sin and a sinful nature? Yes. Original sin is not a condemning matter, it means we are born into a fallen world already fallen in flesh, we are not what Adam once was. We are also born with a nature that seeks sin and pleasure, instead of God. Again, we are not what Adam once was.

T

TaylorTG

Infants have not yet reached the age of reason, and so they are unable to willingly rebel against the Lord via their free-will.

If an infant dies before it reaches the stage where its brain is developed enough to consciously make choices, then the child has died die spotless, without blemish/sin, and so the same child's soul will end up in God's hands.

That's my theory, anyway. :(

Apr 27, 2014
Sorry.
I was actually going to post it in bible discussion forum so please provide your views there :)

J

ji

And if they are and they die(without confessing jesus as son of god) will they go to hell forever?
Just post your views and i won't be commenting go order to avoid debate so provide the best possible explaination probably a logical one.
Peace
Children will inherit Heaven depending on their innocence level and purity of heart.
Their innocence,God values...
They wont go to hell.

This is the only explanation no matter how much thoroughly investigate.There are Holy Scripture verses pointing to it too..

Jan 19, 2013
Peace
You are a troll.

Trolls are not welcome here.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Peace
Children are not born of sin, but rather of a sin nature, and as such have no need to confess anything to God. Jesus says not to hinder the little ones to coming to him. You have an extremely myopic viewpoint and are always a source of disruption. If you want anyone to post their views you should at least have the courtesy to say please. And thank you. Piece.

K

Kerim

In the past, before people hearing clearly of what we call medicine, any important weakness of the body was seen as due to a sin against Creator (or God, if you like).

Naturally, we are all born with a COMMON weakness, ignorance. It is like a powerful computer that has no useful saved data and no programs installed on it yet.

Jesus came on a flesh to save me from this 'original sin'.

How?... He did it by giving me the 'light' of true knowledge so that I can live without having important questions about my life not answered logically.

For instance, while many scientific books could be found anywhere, most people on earth are happy without taking advantage of the knowledge they provide. The same applies on Jesus teachings... they are not suitable for all human beings (why?... This is another topic :( )

jb

Feb 27, 2010
Born of sin? Born with original sin and a sinful nature?

NO ON BOTH ACCOUNTS!

The Lord Jesus says in Matt 19v14:

"...Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven."

In other words when a little child dies it goes straight into the Presence of God in Paradise in Heaven!

M

Mammachickadee

Peace
It's semantics. The English translation of David's verses on a child's conception says "Born in sin, and in sin my mother conceived me." Certain beliefs such as the immaculate conception of Mary try to countermand the idea that sex in general is a sin... but would God create man and women to desire sexual intimacy with each other as man and wife (and call it good) if it were a sin? This is why I would propose that the conception of a child between a husband and wife who lawfully had intercourse that became fruitful by God's providence is no more "of sin" than eating a reasonable portion of ice cream.

M

Mammachickadee

Peace
I have to ask... What prompted you to ask this question?

T

Tintin

While do people keep replying to TrueDanish's threads? TrueMuslim/FakeAgnostic/ProfessionalTroll has been banned for a week or so now.

Ella85

May 9, 2014
While do people keep replying to TrueDanish's threads? TrueMuslim/FakeAgnostic/ProfessionalTroll has been banned for a week or so now.
Yes he was very professional - he private messaged me and told me I should not believe in Jesus! Yeh right

T

Tintin

Yes he was very professional - he private messaged me and told me I should not believe in Jesus! Yeh right
He was more subtle with me. Never PM'd me. I gave him the time of day, he rubbished Christianity and everyone and lied regularly so I reported his sorry butt.